Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Radiocraft

Old 06-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radiocraft

Wayne,

I can't believe you would let Kat sell his radiocraft. Why the heck are you not buying it?

Pugs
Old 06-28-2004, 03:32 PM
JBanks523
My Feedback: (17)

I can attest to Wayne's radiocraft flying great! Wayne, you ever get those videos I sent you???
Old 06-28-2004, 03:44 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Pug's

He's keeping it. There is a long story behind that plane but bottom line is that he is going to keep it.

John,

Yeah I got them. I sent you an e-mail.. Not sure what happened but thanks!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:02 PM
RCAIR-BAM

Stratos:
Al may be out at the Milford meet so you can talk to him there. I was going to get the 40% but decided against blowing out the front of my trailer right now maybe in two years if I'm still flying IMAC. The way things are going I'm not happy competing to much BS with this presentation score and scoring being to cloudy and left up to the judge to much right now and what they like. Even I don't like scoring it because there are no rules for deductions. If I can't explain why I gave a score than it's just BS to me.

Kevin
DA 150 with cans is the way to go.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

I got 3 videos of Wayne's Radiocraft at www.cafreestyle.com (look under the XFC videos). See for yourself how they fly
Old 06-28-2004, 07:02 PM
Desertrat
My Feedback: (2)

Stratos:

I'm not alarmed.

Yes, the wings are sheeted ribs. They are plenty strong. Besides the one manufacturing issue (which was taken care of very promptly), I can honestly say even in the wrong hands the wing tube will bend before the wings give, I have a lot of confidence in thier strength. As for the tail twisting, I'm thinking somebody was looking for an excuse for something, there aint no way its gonna twist without failing, niether of which have been documented.

Both of mine are running DA 150's with the stock mufflers. They can convert to canisters in an evening, but where I fly I dont have to worry about noise (and with a 3 blade they are almost as quiet as most canister set ups), and they are nicely overpowered, so I havent spent the money. Both weigh in just shy of 40lbs. They are a little bit larger than a Carden extra, I have compared the wings side by side, just a few square inches, not a lot. I'm running Futaba 3305's on the ailerons and elevators on both. Before anyone flames me, they have worked out just fine, center well, have plenty of torque and are plenty fast for me - AND they have lasted a good long time without getting sloppy. Not bad for a $30 servo. On the rudders, one has 2 Futaba 5301's on a Surelink floating belcrank, the other has 3 Hitec 5735 MG's on an SWB gang. The SWB setup has more power, but the Surelink belcrank was <way> easier to set up - both have sufficient rudder authority to knife edge loop, but the Hitecs really eat up the battery. One of them is running dual receivers, the other has a single receiver and a powerbox 40/24 - both systems have thier merits - but the dual receiver one will be getting a DPSI Twin as soon as I can get my paws on one.
I have no complaints about the airplane, thats why I bought the second one.

Roger
Old 06-28-2004, 07:04 PM
wgeffon

Shorty,

Upload some of Leylands videos then we can see how his RadioCraft flies better than mine does..
Funny though, when he flies mine and I fliy his, mine flies better than his.. [>:]
Old 06-28-2004, 07:52 PM
RCAIR-BAM

Jon has a way of doing that. He could fly a brick but he would end up drilling holes in it to lighten it up some.
Kevin
Old 06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
wgeffon

You aint kiddin..

He'd drill out holes in a feather if he could.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:35 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

the smaller extra has the built up wing the 40% is a foam core
Old 06-28-2004, 09:37 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

I dont know if its been mentioned here but the 35% radiocrafts were completely different birds than the 40% planes. The 35% Radiocrafts were made very well i have one also and have no issues with them at all. The wings are built up with foam ribs , i dont know to much about the 40% ones that came out about a year before Al and Harry split up. I know they had some issues and Harry wasnt real happy with the way they were made compared to his original Staudachers and Extra 330 LX planes.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:45 PM
krayzc-RCU

i have not heard any grips for the radiocraft line up they have a forum on yahoo... that extra is bad at any IMAC meet (35%)
Old 06-28-2004, 10:33 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Krayzc ,, hey Gerald did you notice Gerald Neels 40% Radiowave at Joenall, it is the same one he had at Fayetteville in the spring but put all the graphics etc. on it,, looks sweet..
Old 06-28-2004, 11:02 PM
krayzc-RCU

along with flying Sweettttttt
Old 06-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Desertrat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: BAS

I dont know if its been mentioned here but the 35% radiocrafts were completely different birds than the 40% planes. The 35% Radiocrafts were made very well i have one also and have no issues with them at all. The wings are built up with foam ribs , i dont know to much about the 40% ones that came out about a year before Al and Harry split up. I know they had some issues and Harry wasnt real happy with the way they were made compared to his original Staudachers and Extra 330 LX planes.

That is all true - the issue being the plant over drilled the wing holes and the phenolic didnt get completely glued down. The 40% flys better. (I owned the 35% Staudacher (RIP), and have a lot of flights on the 35% Extra.)

And yes, the 40% is a core, only the 35%'s have foam ribs. I should have mentioned that earlier....

Roger
Old 06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Hehe Wayne, yeah I will upload some more video here soon. I have to sift throught 3 hours of footage and check first[&:]
Old 10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

Got 10 flights on my 35% RadioCraft Staudacher so for and man it flys great. Just got a RadioCraft 35% Extra cant wait to get it ready.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84415.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	180839  
Old 10-09-2004, 09:11 AM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

I had very good communicatins with Al at Raidiowave, and ordered a 40% Extra...he spent much time with me on the phone, and answered all my questions...I am confident I will be happy. The Plane gets good reviews from all owners so far, and it looks like they will stand behind it...I am going to do an exensive review on it, and during build...stay tuned