Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

prop size for a ZDZ 160

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:09 AM
aeroflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop size for a ZDZ 160

Hi guys I am in the building stages of a lanier 40% edge and will be powering it with a ZDZ 160 champ . I understand that they are bench run at the factory for 2 hours, so my question is can I start out with a prop that is near the top out the length range aka 32 x 10 . Reason being really dont want to buy a smaller one and then replace it later with the 32 inch . Thanks Paul
Old 07-28-2004, 11:17 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: prop size for a ZDZ 160

Ask Mike at RCShowcase - But here is our own findings - Simply start out and stay with a good all synthetic oil - at 32-1
we have had one of the latest engines running on this right from the start and it now has easily 20 gallons thru it - still nice and smooth clean etc..
For a prop- don't ignore a 30 x10 Mejzlic - these really work well for planes up to 40 lbs
At the TOC many guys still used this size for best performance on the 150's.
I looked at every entrant's setups thruout the contest .
The BIG no no is simply overheating the engine - It needs proper baffle all along bottom front edge of engine - so that air flows over the top and down the back.