Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Suuuu Weet Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:13 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Suuuu Weet Sukhoi

Ok fellas,,, I said Id post a shot of the finished bird after blast-off. Talk about a sweet flying machine! Packed full of JR 8411's, and pulled by a DA 100 swing'n an 27-10 Menz. This thing just flew off the table with only 1 click of down trim. And if any of you have considered trying that new JR770 receiver, Go For It! I was a little worried about using it with all the servo draw, but Horizon said "no problem" They were dead on it. What a bargain for $99.00 I'll be adding a few mo of those lil dynamo's to my fleet. As for the business end of the Suke, I gave the DA a chance. (Always been a 3 Dub man) Still love my 3W's, but guys, I gotta tell ya. This motor started right up out of the box. Still havent touched the needles.(factory seetings) Its reeeeeeeeeally kick'n out the horses, and hasnt so much as burped the first time. To say I LIKE it would be the understatement of the century! I baffled the cowling, and Im reading temps around 150 deg's. Tail surfaces are Reeeeeally active! Im using 20% travel on elevator W/40% Expo on low rate, & 50+ degrees travel W/75 deg expo high rate. This might be old news to a lotta you guys flying them now. Had mine sitting in the rafters for some time now, and was inspired to get it built after landing my Cap in a 70 ft pine tree! I SWEAR Robert Vess was telling me to do "Tree-D" routine!!!!!!! Nuff for now. Gotta go fly![img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83492.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	158494  
Old 07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suuuu Weet Sukhoi

Sweet graphics package on that one. I really like that.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:24 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool, I love my sukhoi also, wait until you break that baby in and go to the 100:1 Amzoil, then it really wakes up!! Congrats!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:45 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if any of you have considered trying that new JR770 receiver, Go For It! I was a little worried about using it with all the servo draw, but Horizon said "no problem" They were dead on it. What a bargain for $99.00 I'll be adding a few mo of those lil dynamo's to my fleet.
Hey man I dont want too burst your bubble but I too have used the JR770S PCM Rec. in my Composite-Arf 2.6m Extra. It was a good rec with a good link, up untill it died on me. The filter went bad as did the Crystal so JR says...

There is a reason they are 99 bucks, maybe some corners cut???? Anyways Sweet flying Sukhoi, I too had one, flew great...

Good luck, and the first sign of glitches or PCM lockouts, think of my story and remove that reciever...for another 59 bucks you can have a way better reciever, I do think your bird is worth 60 more bucks, dont you???

Name:	Xv63163.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	158554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18151.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	158555  
Old 07-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Looks like you have a brand new 2.6M Extra right behind that one![8D]
Old 07-29-2004, 12:56 AM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

Darcy's got more $$ than Jesus...........
Old 07-29-2004, 07:44 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Hey now lets not hijack Larrys thread, this is about his new plane, and I just posted my story about the failure of a 770S that cost me my plane, in hopes he would switch out his rec. and go with somethin a bit more robust.

I didnt think Jesus had any worldly possessions...
Old 07-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

I 've been useing a 770 for two years with no problems.

Hey Larry, Your Sukhoi looked good Saturday. You said you were trying to get use to it, I thought you did a real nice job with it. Your trim job looks even better in the air.

Kelly

See you at Kinston!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:46 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Kelly
I was have'n a ball with it. I need to "sleep with it" a while longer, and I'll bring it on down on the deck. Seems to really knife well, but need a lil mixing. Seems to do nice high angle slowwwwwwww knife. Dont think it'll quite hang with the Cap, but it'll be goodNnuff! Really need to put in some spoileron to get the wing wag'n out on elevators. Couldnt find that sweet spot, so I'll have to cheat a little. Awfull glad I used the pull-pull system. Didnt have to add any lead on the nose. Headed out in the morning for a family camping trip, so I wont get any work done on the Cap this weekend. Was hoping we'd see that Musty Stang of yours burn a hole in the clouds last weekend. Looks fast on the ground though! I'll get some shots of the set-up in here when I get back.

Larry
Old 07-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Hey Larry, I couldn't fly the Stang because of the spinner that T/F had a recall on. Some of them had been leaving the plane in flight. It is thin crappy aluminium. As bad as I wanted to fly it, when I got home Saturday my new replacement spinner was on the door step. Now why couldn't it have came Friday!!! The new one is the same thin crappy Al. but it has 8 screws in stead of four, and has a thicker shoulder for the spinner to mount to. I believe this one will be OK.

I WILL have it flying a Kinston.

If I had felt better, I would have dug my Sukhoi out of the trialer, plus I didn't want to get shot at.. by mister crazy across the woods.

We never did weigh that thing.

Kelly

Name:	Pn37789.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	158815