Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CA 27% wing tube question

Old 08-29-2004, 11:30 PM
compute42
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA 27% wing tube question

Ok I'm nearly done with building my Colombo Anderson 27% extra. At the point where I'm attaching the wings to the fuse. So this question is for those of you who built one of these kits.

OK now to my question,
It seems like the wing tube is 2-3" too long, I have the phenolics about 1" past the rib in the wing, and it extends all the way to the end of the foam cutout inside the wing. (I can actually see it, cause I cut a hole in each wing in that area for a hard point, and bolt that go into the tube to keep the wing attached)
My wing tube seems to be about 2-3" too long, should I cut it? I'm assuming that is a yes, just don't wanna be missing somthing that I shouldn't have! All I have for tools that'll cut it is a dremel rotary cutter hopfully that will cut it.

There's nothing in the "Awsome" insctructions (actually they are very lacking) about cutting the wing tube, and nothing in wreckmans' construction thread either.

Ohh the tube I have is 30" long

Thanks!

~Andrew
Old 08-29-2004, 11:37 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CA 27% wing tube question

Yep....get out the hacksaw and get busy.....as long as the phenolics go past the outer rib as you mentioned, no worries.....FWIW, I had to shorten the tube on my 31% Coloumbo Extra a few inches also.....