Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

OS PEGASUS 320 - MATCH SUGGESTIONS?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

OS PEGASUS 320 - MATCH SUGGESTIONS?

Old 10-14-2004, 10:48 AM
J3FAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS PEGASUS 320 - MATCH SUGGESTIONS?

I now have this engine, and had previous experience with the PEGASUS [vs.1] which was a 160. That one fit in the BYRON HUSKY and it was just right.
Is anybody out there experienced with this new 320, enough to SUGGEST some model to match it ?... the engine is still NIB and will not be run until ready to get airborne on some model.
I am not too sure if the 1/3 scale is right......I would prefer hearing about models along the lines of W.Hostetler's 1/3 Tri-Pacer, or the 1/3 Cessna 152 offered by Don's Hobby...even the Balsa USA 1/3 Cub or the 1/3 Spacewalker....what about the big PITTS Bipe by Great Planes ?

Is this CLOSE...or am I way off base ?

RICK
Old 10-14-2004, 10:52 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Default RE: OS PEGASUS 320 - MATCH SUGGESTIONS?

I know several people have used the big saito 300 twin and OS twins in the great planes eagle or pitts bipes with good results. I think your os320 should work good in one too since it has similar weight and power (albeit a few extra cylinders).
Old 10-14-2004, 11:06 AM
sbaugz
My Feedback: (37)

Oh, another option would be the great planes patty wagstaff. I have seen this plane fly with a big saito 300 twin too.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:57 PM
HvyDrvr
My Feedback: (1)

I have three of the OS 320's. Love them and they sound great. I have one in a Byron Husky that swaps between floats and wheel skis. All the above mentioned models will love that engine. Also if needed you can get scale exhaust headers for it from Ke-Leo Creations. No short pipes out the side of the cowl, but exit in the correct place.
Rod
Old 10-14-2004, 11:57 PM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Flown a GP Patty Wagstaff Extra with a saito 300 on it. The airframe was unlimited but the extra .20 would vertainly make it that much better... plus the extra cylnders are cool
Old 10-15-2004, 05:19 PM
DRCRAIG
My Feedback: (31)

Rod,
Greetings form the lower 48. I too have a Pegasus 320 NIB and would very much like to hear what you have to say about the care and feeding of them. If you would, please email me at [email protected] and I will pose a few questions.
Thanks,
Craig
Old 10-16-2004, 08:22 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My good flying buddy had a 1/3 Balsa USA Cub for years with the OS320. Fantastic match - sounded great. Larry flew the snot out of that plane - went through several barrels of fuel every year with it over about four years. Given that much use, the engine would not hold up. He ended up having three of them so one would be running. He had a constant turnaround with OS. He ended up selling all his glow and now flys gas exclusively. Both of us want a 1/3 Cub again - will go with a BME 50.

Dan