Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:49 PM
mikejwfly1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans

[I am looking for a set of plans for the Ace Weeks Special 1/3 scale
Old 11-27-2004, 10:08 PM
GreaTOne_65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plans

For your information, Mike, I have the plans for the Week's Special, but my plans are the Miles Reed version. I may be wrong but I believe the Ace Weeks was the Miles Reed version? Anyway, the plans I have show the CG to be directly in front of the rear cabane, about a half inch in front of the wire. As far as the throws, I had the ailerons set at 1" both ways, the elevator was about an 1 1/2", and the rudder was all I could get. My Weeks weighed 19 lbs. dry. I used a Quadra 42 on the nose to start with, and was not to impressed, so replaced it with a Quadra 50, much better but still no cigar, it needed more horsepower so I bought an A&M Sachs 3.2, and the increase I got from the 42 to the 50 was great but the difference between the 50 and the 3.2 was spectacular. I used, believe it or not S148's through out, one for each pair of aileron, one for the rudder, one on each of the elevator halves. I also had a smoke system in it that did a real good job.

Hope this helps,

Dale
Old 11-28-2004, 03:09 PM
mikejwfly1
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plans

Dale thanks for the reply to my request. I was interested in knowing if your airplane has a 72" wing span? If so What would the posibilities of getting you to copy them for me? I got this plane from a friend who was getting out of the hobby, the price was right (free) but he didn't have any plans. It sounds like the plane I have is going to be under powered, it has a Saito 270 in it, but I have a trusty G62 That should do just fine. Thanks again Mike