Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Vision Stand-Offs

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 03:06 PM
H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vision Stand-Offs

On the latest on-line manual it recommends 1and1/4" stand-offs when using a DA50 to obtain the correct CofG, on the previous on-line manual it recommended 2and1/2" stand-offs (illustrated with packing pieces therefore probably nearer 3") to obtain the correct CofG. Which is correct? If the shorter stand-offs are uesd then the cowl will need to be cut away around the gear, trim lines won`t match ete etc. some guidance please.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:16 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Vision Stand-Offs

It must be a mistake. If you were to use 1-1/2" standoffs, the motor would not fit. I just finished putting mine together and I used the standoffs that come with the motor.

R/C Foolish
Old 11-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either can be used, I prefer the short ones because the engine is moved back and the vibration is going to be less severe. The cowl fits very well in either place so don't worry about your paintlines not matching, they will. Just follow the instructions as they are now finalized and will provide you a great flying machine. Mount the Batteries around the wing tube and the rudder servo can be upfront for pull pull or mounted in the tail for use with a single pushrod. (I prefer the direct drive method myself) The only thing you will need to do is nothch the cowl for the gear to clear, and bevel the bottom coners so it doesnt put pressure on the cowl.

Chip
ORIGINAL: H

On the latest on-line manual it recommends 1and1/4" stand-offs when using a DA50 to obtain the correct CofG, on the previous on-line manual it recommended 2and1/2" stand-offs (illustrated with packing pieces therefore probably nearer 3") to obtain the correct CofG. Which is correct? If the shorter stand-offs are uesd then the cowl will need to be cut away around the gear, trim lines won`t match ete etc. some guidance please.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
H

Thanks Chip, thats cleared things up I will use the short stand-offs.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
JetJocky

Has anyone set up a D/V with a DA 50 and the slimline muffler w/smoke? It looks like the firewall and fuse will need to be modified to accept this combo? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Glenn
Old 02-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Flying Arrow

I have the same items DA50 & Slimline pitts muf., what do you think Chip?? IS thw smoke effective with the DA50?? Would it be better to put the cans?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:10 PM
JetJocky

I ended up cutting about 1/2 inch off the bottom of the firewall and then cut out a section large enough for the muffler to recess in. I then carefully fit the cowl and it looks great. It was worth the extra time. I still need to box in the area I cut out, but then it will be done. I'll post a couple piuctures if you like.

Glenn
Old 03-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THe smoke will work fine with that muffler.
Chip
ORIGINAL: Flying Arrow

I have the same items DA50 & Slimline pitts muf., what do you think Chip?? IS thw smoke effective with the DA50?? Would it be better to put the cans?