Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

40% Aerotech Yak build pics

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

40% Aerotech Yak build pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:25 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 40% Aerotech Yak build pics

If you're really set on building the Aerotech 35%....plan on putting a larger than ave. motor in it. IMO, the MVVS 116 would be a good combo for this plane.

I've got one in the bones.....nearly ready for finishing. I purchased a DA-100 the same time I purchased the kit because I anticipated a finished weight of 27-28lbs. What I didn't know is that the Aerotech 35% is bigger than your typical 35% airframe.....so between the larger size and the very stout construction techniques, 29-30lbs is more likely.....though this is still an OK weight given the wing area and airframe's size.

I changed several areas on mine and so far I've knocked 1.5-2lbs off of the bare airframe.....and I'm still looking at upper-27lbs/lower-28lbs RTF weight. I plan on replacing some of the alum. parts with carbon to hopefully knock another lb off.

My biggest concern now is how well the plane actually flies. I've only read of a few people in the florida area who seem to be associated with Aerotech flying this plane.....and the short video clip in this thread is the only video I've seen......not really much to go on. Oh well, sometimes you just have to make a leap of faith!

ORIGINAL: breyman2000

sweet planes what motor would you recamend for the 35% how good are the DA motors
Old 02-10-2006, 09:06 AM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

You want go wrong with the Aerotech kit. I have the Aerotech 42% Extra 330L and it flys great. The yay will do the same. The DA100 would be a good eng for the 35% Yak. We have a 35% Radio Craft Extra that is 30 1/2 lbs with smoke with the DA100 and it pulls it real well .
Thanks Eddie N.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:54 PM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

has anyone else got one of these in the air yet??

thanks
tony