Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

SKYSHARK RC, CHRISTEN EAGLE II ARF BUILD!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

SKYSHARK RC, CHRISTEN EAGLE II ARF BUILD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:58 AM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm redoing one now!! I installed a 40cc gas engine.. Any suggestions??
Old 11-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Texastbird

Take good care of that canopy, I need one for mine.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:32 PM
warbird72

I will sell the whole thing wo engine and servos to.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM
ForeverHero
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i just purchased on of these at a club auction back in February and the previous owner removed everything but the engine, an O.S. 1.60, and control horns from the airframe. I'me trying to get some pictures of the best way to mount the fuel tank into the airframe. I'd installing a Du-Bro 24oz. tank and I'd like to see some examples of what other people have done because there is nothing shown in the PDF instructions.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-16-2014, 12:22 PM
warbird72

I can possibly get you a few pics. I modified my firewall. For pits muffler clearance. All I did was wrapped the 24oz fuel tank. In 1/2" fome. I then put the front of the tank on the ledge. When modifying the f/w it created a platform. So I shoved it in and used two zip ties to keep it from shifting! Send me email. Pm I will try to get a few pics.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:37 PM
CaptRKO
My Feedback: (3)

So I found one of these online and its been locked up on my closet in my toy room....so during this local Hurricane event (lucky we didn't flood etc...) I started to build this old school "ARF". I have some minor cracks on my canopy but I hopefully can fix that.

Unless someone has a new canopy laying around?

Curious as to power recommendations. I was thinking a DLE-40 twin. Open to suggestions.

I have the basic airframe set up and plan to spend some time with an incidence meter to get it all rigged out right. The center cabanas are a pain but if you take your
time and set it all right the plane should fly pretty nice. I did notice this is awfully similar to the Pilot Christen Eagle 1/3.7 scale from OK MODELS co ltd Japan.

Just need some power suggestions..
NO ELECTRIC
NO GLOW please!

Also any idea to remove the wrinkles in the decals that make the feathers? The feathers are all decals (old school ARF technology).
Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 AM
lilwetor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my Skyshark Christen Eagle ARF up for sale, partially built. All parts included with this ARF. Please let me know if interested and I can send pics, not sure how to post here.

Thanks, lilwetor