Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

TOC1 Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOC1 Yak 54

Impressive paint job... especially how the artist continued on with the depth... very nice.

Who wouldn't be passionate about that one?
Old 02-02-2005, 05:39 PM
DaveMiller

Hello,

I have seen picture last year of some of these designs. For the price and the wait time I can get a 40% Yak build it cover it and paint it the way I want it for less money and know what and how its built. As for endorsements from pilots, well you guys are big enough to figure out that for yourself. There are lots of planes out there. Fly what you want, not what is the hype of the week. Remember a good company that has a good rep is always the best also.

Thanks
Dave Miller
Old 02-04-2005, 11:01 AM
AKondor

HI Everyone:

You want facts..... here are facts direct from a manufacturer..... I'm really sticking my neck out here because I can only lose from this and gain nothing... perhaps respect. I want modelers to know what they are buying...

First.... KMP had no idea that these(Yaks, Edges and X330's) were "seconds" Although the price was right we were told by the factory they wanted to get more exposure into the US and wanted to show off a high quality plane at a great price.... The prototypes sent to us were absolutely top notch! That is why I agreed to the order....

Second..... We discontinued them after finding out the sublte problems with the aircraft after selling a few pieces... There were no legal battles as some people are suggesting... or no flying problems ... just too many little things that KMP wasn't happy with putting their label on.

Then... I heard about the whole Extreme Flight rejects situation and that's when I confronted the manufacturer and decided to wash my hands of all the planes.... too bad for him (manufacturer) because we had a lot on order... all cancelled.

The manufacturer of these 3D airplanes is the same... exactly the same as TOC1 .... but under a new name ... Now I want to make something else clear here.... They may have changed the way they make planes now....perhaps they are the best thing since sliced bread...I really don't know .... but, it is the same company under a new name.

Next... If you are really looking for a great product, you can trust Chris at EF and the the factory that makes the planes for them. There are other high quality brands in the US that use the same factory that EF is using to make their line.

I use a factory that builds almost exclusively for me. I travel to the factory 3-4 times a year to makesure that everything is to my standards ... On our web site we will show you the factory pictures and the insides of the planes we make. We have a few pictures on the web site showing the complete construction process for both balsa and glass planes.

As you all know... its a dog eat dog world out there.... spend your money wisely and trust your gut instincts. I'll know to trust mine better next time.

Cheers,

Andrew[8D]
KMP
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

WOW
I'm extremely impressed with your post Sir! You have gained my respect and then some and only wish you and your company the best in the future.

What a mess to have gone though!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:47 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Andrew, thanks for clearing the air on this issue. I know you share in my discontent for this manufacturer. I let this guy stay in my home for a week, took care of all of his expenses and paid for all of my airplanes up front to help him out. And he totally screwed me. You live and learn.
Guys, there has been so much controversy, name calling, and vicious rumors about this whole situation. Lets bury the hatchet and put this all behind us. I know I have.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks to Andrew from KMP for clearing the air on this one. Now the facts are out there lets settle down and let those who wish to purchase the airplanes purchase them, those dont want one, please stay clear of bad mouthing. As stated in previous posts this all means nothing until we all see one fly and get a flight report.

matt
Old 02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
torqmeister

Kudos to Mr. Kondor. You sound kike a stand up guy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a product from your co.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
torqmeister

I meant like a stand up guy
Old 02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Dang I hate it when Im right
Old 02-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Jim D
My Feedback: (8)

KMP just made my preferred vendors list. That took some guts, Thanks for the truth Andrew.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:49 PM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Definitly got my vote, thanks for the info on this.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Glad it is all cleared up about this factory. I will look at my KMP Yak-54 a little differently now.

I am glad I have examples of both EF's and KMP , just for the drama of it all.

Have fun with what you fly and,

Live and learn and Caveat Emptor.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:04 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Wow people get really into this hobby....yeah it’s a hobby I spent $400 on a Yellow Aircraft 1.20 size Edge, which I thought was worth it for the quality, but it took a lot longer to build then most arf's. The largest plane I own now is just a 28%, but I want to go 1/3rd scale. When I bought my 28%, I did so used and paid to have it re-covered and everything. Looking back I could have purchased a plane like EF's Yak for the same amount I ended up spending anyways. I guess the best thing to do is a lot of research. It would be nice to buy a plane that already has a scheme you like and takes just some work here or there to get it right. When a manufacturer has put their time in developing and testing a product I think it shows. Yeah I also fall into the "not rich enough" to run with the big boys. I bought an FPE 3.2 instead of a DA50 because it saved me some money. Being in the Army and being enlisted I have hardly enough to spend on my hobbies as it is. Yet there are some great companies out there who put out products at great prices, and even still have discounts for active duty military personnel. DA would not, or perhaps, couldn’t afford to give military discounts. However, BME was willing to give me a discount. That being said, I am much more willing to give BME my hard earned money because they can show an appreciation for those serving.

Not sure if I have a concrete point to all of my rambling, but I guess it reminds me of home. I am from Boca Raton, FL originally and there are many there who are very materialistic. Always need the newest, best, ect. Well a few mountains, stock piles of weapons, and rounds shot at me by the Taliban in Afghanistan later....I really could have cared less about all that. Second time around in combat in Iraq really hit a lot closer to home with loosing a bunch of people from my company. Kinda made me care even less about wanting or needing something the best.

I guess it translates into my hobby that I don’t care if I fly my larger Edge, .40 size bipe, or even my foamies - I have fun with whatever I fly and take care of it all like it cost as much as a much larger more expensive plane. Call me crazy but if I can’t afford a DA 150, but can manage a BME or heck even a Zenoah - I will be just as content so long as I can still fly. Obviously you have to make sacrifices perhaps in weight or performance, but the bottom line is you still get it done.

This is really what I had to do twice in combat. Work with a limited amount of resources, hardly in the best conditions, and getting replacement parts for some things was just hard if not impossible. We went with nearly no food sometimes at our fire base when the enemy would take out the roads and supply lines. Did it bother me, well it was no fun to be without food but we lived. We got mortared and rocketed all the time and I won’t even tell you about having to shoot people or anything like that.

My flying club, The Piedmont Aeromodelers even has a discounted rate for active military members. What more could you ask for?!
Well I guess I am rambling on so I will stop. Every time I get to fly my planes on a nice day, I can just melt away my stress. From memories of things I saw in War, or even just a stressful few weeks of training...flying just relaxes me. So does it bother me not to have a DA, hardly. It would be nice, but then again, so would a promotion from Sergeant to Captain Maybe then I could finally get a trailer and stop having to squeeze everything in my SUV.

Looking forward to seeing this plane built. As for KMP, let me know when you get a model in the 80" or more in. I will be even more broke when I leave the Army so I am going to need the maximum amount of fun for my money.

Have fun everyone, it could be worse....you could be stuck in Iraq getting shot at daily, dealing with 130deg. of heat, sandstorms, flies that give you weeping boils, improvised bombs, or maybe even seeing your friends go down.

Much appreciation to all my Veteran modelers.

Jumpers hit it! 1 thousand 2 thousand 3 thousand 4 thousand....ugh oh
Old 02-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Airborne SGT I think you pretty much have it figured out. It is all about fun and not about looking down your nose at people who can't afford a DA or Carden or whatever... Lots of people on this site have that attitude, and it's a shame. I, for one would like to thank you for what you and the rest of the military do for us on a daily basis. When you are faced with conditions like you guys are over there it puts it all in perspective. This is just a hobby and it is all meant to be fun. Fly anything you can afford and have a ball doing it... That is my motto.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:15 AM
torqmeister

ARBNSGT, fron one veteren(Viet Nam) to another, God bless you for serving your country. By the way, BME is a good co. Also check out the Brison 3.2, an outstanding value & great price at $449.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:29 PM
matus777

All, the 30%yak manuals are available for TOC and EF....they are in PDF format and i have viewed both.....they make for an interesting read.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:31 PM
matus777

Ah, Screwed-Over...i see you are a "married" man!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Giles300-72
My Feedback: (2)

I have heard a few comments about the price of these airplanes. Now I know I am no expert, but to me they seem very reasonably priced!!! Have you seen the list of extras that come w/ these planes? I have yet to see any other arf that can come close to these planes as far as price goes!! You get the control horns and everything with the toc planes. Also go on the web site and read the review of the 30% yak. seems to me that he really likes one. And for the price and the looks I am very tempted to get one! So maybe I will be the first one to report on the build up. It might be a mistake, but there is only one true way to find out! Someone will have to be the first guinney pig and to get a plane as good looking as theirs are w/ about every accesroy you need for 650.00, I will be glad to be that sucker!

Just my 2 cents (which is prob only worth 1)
Old 02-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

I agree with you 100%.... it's an excellent price for all you get.... BUT

It seems to me that for $20 more for the Extreme Flight Yak you get "upgraded" to a carbon fiber wingtube, stabtube and tailwheel as well as titanium pushrods. You also get the fuse, wing and stab bags. (The TOC Yak does come with a spinner though) It features ball links instead of clevis... which are included.

Rubber grommets for cowl mounting, carbon fiber servo arms and phenolic double truss control horns... No drilling and alignment needed for control horn installation. THey are accurately lasercut for plug and play installation... just glue them in.

The canopy and hatch is molded so no need to trim, glue and screw the canopy to the hatch.

The other difference?

The first 250 EF Yaks are completely sold out. There should be quite a few TOC1 Yaks available.

I look forward to building threads of the TOC1 yak...

ORIGINAL: Giles300-72

I have heard a few comments about the price of these airplanes. Now I know I am no expert, but to me they seem very reasonably priced!!! Have you seen the list of extras that come w/ these planes? I have yet to see any other arf that can come close to these planes as far as price goes!! You get the control horns and everything with the toc planes. Also go on the web site and read the review of the 30% yak. seems to me that he really likes one. And for the price and the looks I am very tempted to get one! So maybe I will be the first one to report on the build up. It might be a mistake, but there is only one true way to find out! Someone will have to be the first guinney pig and to get a plane as good looking as theirs are w/ about every accesroy you need for 650.00, I will be glad to be that sucker!

Just my 2 cents (which is prob only worth 1)
Old 02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Giles300-72

Thanks Maudib I was hoping I wasn't crazy! haha I haven't checked out the Extreme Flight yak yet maybe that is what I will do right now. I am with you on wanting to see a build thread. They are supposed to start shipping kits tomm so maybe it want be long! yay!! Finally all this comosion can be put to rest once the first kits get deliverd!

p.s. I just checked out the Extreme flight yak and the only advantage I see in the toc yak is the looks. I like the covering job of the toc plane much better! But then again I like dark colors on airplanes so to each their own. But like you said you get a lot of carbon fiber with the extreme flight one! So I guess it is a toss up on with style you like better and which company you like the most! Only time will tell!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
KatManDEW
My Feedback: (6)

Isn't the topic of this thread the TOC1 Yak 54???

Old 02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AirborneSgt.

Thank you, and all who serve with you, for what you do and have done. You have my deepest respect and gratitude for your efforts and sacrifices.

Pat Roy
Old 02-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Giles300-72

um that is what we were talking about! The toc1 yak, ya know there is two of them and about to be a third!! The one we were refering to was the 30% yak with the 84" w/s! The reference to the ef yak was made for price comparison!!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Any ideas when these planes are ready to ship? I would be interested in seeing a Production plane, not a sample.

I like all Yak-54's ....my new favorite plane. So, any variety of it, I am checking out.

Is there a TOC1 rep that posts here??

Or are we left to speculate. That certainly factors into any decision I make.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Giles300-72

On their web site it says feb. 24 but we will have to see. Go check their site and see if it has been updated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.