Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

RV-3 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Gear-Head
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RV-3 anyone?

Hey everybody I just recently got an RV-3, this is a replica of a kit plane built in Arora Oregon. I am trying to find more infomation on this plane (manufacturer value ect) the wing span is about 98", the fuselage is about 73" long. The wings have two 1x 1/8" bars running the length of them, huge wings, huge control surfaces... Any help would be awesome!!!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:04 AM
TXDA2000

Default RE: RV-3 anyone?

Does it appear to be an ARF?

Long ago there was a giant scale version that was covered in a plastic/foam sandwich with the color imbedded in the surface. They were either red/white, or blue/white if I recall.

There were also some plans for one that size, I think from MAN.

Daniel
Old 03-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Gear-Head

It is an ARF, however is is covered with monocoat...
Old 03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
ScaleRules
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Gear-Head

It is an ARF, however is is covered with monocoat...
How do you know it's an ARF?

I have the plans at home from MAN but they are for an RV-4. Trillium Balsa in Canada also made an RV-4 kit a while ago around this size. Are you sure this isn't the RV-4?

How about some pics?

I've always wanted to do the RV-7 in 1/3.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Gear-Head

My thinking it is an ARF is because the wings are foam, as is the tail. The wings have 1" x 1/8" spars running the length of it. The badging on the plane says it is an RV-3... Any idea what it is worth I am thinking about getting rid of it.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:14 PM
wilga12

I'd also like to know more about this bird.

You guys are the "Root" of knowledge on all things R.C. Lean back in your chair, and take a minute, to think of any leads that Gear-head and I could use to try to track down the people who would have built/manufactured this kit/ARF and or where it may have been bought from ?? I wonder if it would be worthwhile to contact Vangrunsven up at Aurora to ask if he'd devulge the companies that he OK'd to produce something like that ??

NOTE Those 1 inch by 1/8 th inch steel, (I guess) spars, running full length should really stand out to someone!

Any help/leads/ideas at all, will be greatly appreciated.........................Dave