Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D

Old 04-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D

Hi,

I have decided to enter into the 3D electrics world with a Fliton Jumping Jack. I would like you, if possible, to comment on my potential set up which is the following:

Motor: AXI 2808/24
Speed Control: Jeti Advance 30-3P
Battery: Thunder Power 11.1 V ,2100mAh, 3 Cells, 127gr or Akku Kokam 11.1V, 2000 mAh, 3 Cells, 145 gr
Servos: 4 Hitec HS-55
Prop: APC 11x5.5

I have read various threads in RCU about the model, but have not seen any people using an AXI motor, most use Lehner, Hacker, etc. Would this motor offer reasonable 3D perfromance you think? According to a German dealer this motor can produce a static thrust of 1100gr at 22.5A which sounds ok to me if we assume that the model weighs around 600gr.

So what do you think?

Rgrds,

Nik
Old 04-05-2005, 02:04 AM
JoshFlies3D

Default RE: Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D

That power system sounds fine. I think everyone leans towards the gearbox motors because of the convienance of a gearbox motor already beeing compatible with a Stick-mount firewall. Lots of company's sell Outrunner Stick mounts, however.

I think the Axi would work very well. I have flown the JJ on many different setup's including a Razor 300, and its a pretty versatile airplane.

The airplane flies very well, and You will enjoy it.

Josh
Old 04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Nickolas

Thanks Josh! I'll go for it then.

I'm planning to use this motor mount with the AXI, have a look.

What is your estimation regarding the battery duration of the TP LiPo? Will it last for about 10 mins or so till it dies you think? I'm intended to play with the throttle a lot so I'm not gonna run the motor at full throttle for a long time.

Also, can you please consult me on the wing modifications required to avoid any construction failure? I've read of some nasty incidents during 3D flying mostly.

Final question I will get the JJ because I like its design features and flying capabilities a lot but how would it compare with the mini Funtana? I've been hearing a lot about this plane, that's why I'm asking.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and regards,

Nik
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47899.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	254376  
Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
JoshFlies3D

The JJ flies MUCH better than the Mini Funtana.

That mount looks nice, It should work out well. The TP 2100 will run for about 10-15 minutes I would imagine on your setup.

Epoxy the wings into the fuselage, then, Whick thin CA in-between the spar joints, to hold the two spars "Together" then, sheet over the spar Joint with a piece of 1/32th balsa, on each side of the spar, inside the fuselage. This is bulletproof!

Josh
Old 04-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Nickolas

Thanks Josh! Congratulations for the 5th place at the etoc. I think it is a big accomplishment to be one of the top 5 in this event and fly next to Somenzini, Silvestri, Shulman, Hyde, etc.

Well done!! I saw the video of your flight...awesome!!!

Rgrds,

Nik
Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
jackmccomas

Hey Nickolas,
Could you please tell me where you found that motor mount. I am just finishing up the mini funtana with the AXI 2808/24 and was going to build one, but that looks great.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Nickolas

Hi I bought it from Germany check the link below:

http://www.lenger.de/cgi-bin/neu_web...=9142854_23953

Regards,

Nick
Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Nickolas

Hey Josh,

Can you please provide me you setup on JJ? Throws,expo,CG location,mixes etc.

Do you use any spoileron mix during harrier? I have a slight wing rocking problem and think of trying to resolve with spoileron. If I use spoileron for both upright and inverted do you think I should have it enabled during the harrier roll? What percentage would you advise, is 50% ok you think?

Also at full aileron throw 45-50' the plane starts the rolling harrier pretty fast and smoothly and then as speed is reduced that kind of smoothness goes away. I give bursts of throttle without good result. Do you think I should decrease my aileron throws a bit. It seems that those ailerons act as air breaks. What is your max throw during the harrier roll?

My plane flies ok but could perform better I think. It has come around 650gr with 2000mAh 3s Kokam batteries. I think it's too heavy for good 3D that's why I have those wing rocking problems. Also I moved my battery over the main spar, canopy area in order to balanace it vertically but it still drops the nose during hover, this battery is really heavy I think,it is nearly 160gr.

I hoped that I would manage this plane more easily than my IC models but it seems harder. I can hover and torque roll my 3D fun fly engine models for ever, JJ seems a bit more difficult to me and I believe something is wrong with my setup.

Looking forward to your answer, any further advice is wellcome.

Rgrds,

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80989.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	351234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95233.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	351235  
Old 11-29-2005, 12:06 AM
JoshFlies3D

Hi,

It has been a while since Ive flown a JJ And since have removed it from my model memory (As I dont own one to date). But I remember using something like 30 percent of negative ( Hitec radio) Expo on everything. On High rates, I use as much as I can get away with, and low rates about 50-60% of that across the board.

I never had any issues with wing rocking, and never used spoilerons. Make sure that your Ailerons are matched and neutral at center, and that there is no twist in your elevator surface between sides.

Thanks
Josh
Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

Would anyone have a instruction manual for a Fliton Jumping Jack? I purchased one at a swap meet and there was no instruction manual
Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
z
My Feedback: (4)

I might get a jumping jack or a inspire mini havnt made up my mind yet. I have a ultrafly c/13/33h motor and a electrifly silver series ESC 35 amp i think and 4 e-flite s75 servos and a hitec electron 6 rx, also a thunder power 1800mah 3 cell battery. You all see any probs with that set up is the motor enough?
Thanks