Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

World Models GS P-51

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:05 PM
RLPageMD
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models GS P-51

Hope everyone can give me some advice. I have the older version W.M. GS P-51. Most of the posts I have pulled up seem to agree that the landing gear are a little weak. I see that some have returned the gear for replacements but most seem to go for aftermarket replacements, specifically the Robarts. Have looked on the Robart site in their gearfinder, they suggest 550RS retracts with the 660 straight struts. Several questions come to mind, first why not the offset struts, is this because of the fit in the wing? And secondly will 90 degree completely retract into the wing?

I've looked at Century, they have a complete set that fits this bird, but no pictures or details. Anyone know how good these are?

Lastly, what type of retractable tailwheel? I can't seem to find a source for the old Klett, the Robarts seem to be too big (up to 40 pound? ), and does anyone know if the Aerotech would work?

And last, really the last, what scale is this bird.........1/5 or 1/6?

Thanks, Rick