Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 136 of 180 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4486

Thread: YAK 54 TOC1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: YAK 54 TOC1

Propwash,

I just finished my TOC Yak 54-30% AND I am in desperate need of some kick butt graphics! I really like the designs you have from this post. Are they for sale in a package deal? How much? I live in 78023 TX. Really interested, they look awesome, especially the devil girl...is that a "propwash original"? Thanks,

Brad n Joel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out Scott's RC Images, he has some great graphics and ideals and he will make anything you want and has great pricing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I will try that. However, I am new to the buying of vinals. Do I just e-mail Scott about which one's I'd Like and he does it? I'll give that a try. thanks again
    Brad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gregman50

Has anyone bought an AM Yak from Troybuilt Models or the SD website, I was just wondering if things were back in order and up and running ? I'm planning on building a 33% plane this winter and would like it to be a Yak, if not AM I guess it will be an Aeroworks.
    Yup, just got two SD airplanes from TBM,,,30% Yak and Pitts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Taildragger- Can you post some pics of the planes you got? I really don't know if I'll buy another SD/AM or not, would like just to sell my airframe and maybe go with the AW or QQ. All the crazy things that went on with the company just leaves me a little skeptical about it all.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problems with SD Models, just the US importers. They are being imported directly by SD now.SD will be around for a while.
    The Yak has "aerobaticmodels.com" marking, but it is from the new batch from SD. Both came from TBM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could some of you post some pictures of your battery installs, or give me a page #,
    I remember seeing a post with the batteries mounted on a tray under the canopy
    but I can't find it to many pages. I don't like the way you have to take out the
    front wing bolts it looks too close to the tank and with my fingers I don't think
    I would be able to reach them. Any idea's?
    I would have put the tank in the tunnel however I'm using a canister.

Thanks
    Mike Tango
    www.tangoncash.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I put a Vess 22A prop on my YAK today and all I can say is WOW!! What a prop. I will be ordering up a 23A as soon as possible, I don't know if any of you have tried one of these yet but I really liked it, I was getting 7100rpm on the ground with my DA-50 and the 22A, when I get the 23A I will post the results.

MRT1750: Here is a pic of my insides.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo41193.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	582637  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cy what muffler you using with the da and the vess I was getting 6850 rpms with the 22a but I was getting 6600 with the 23a so I wasnt to mad hehe if I can gain another 200 rpms I might change mufflers. I know my slimline isn't the best for performance but its what i have

Both these props at my rpms give sweat performance and I really like the 23a a lot.
    www.jerseymodeler.com
    Special thanx to The Crew Mike B. Jim Z. Ed J. Jim S.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stock muffler, BUT I have a WH Extra 300 with a DA 50 that has the slimline in it so I will be curious to see the difference.

CY

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice cockpit Goldfinger41! I ended up making mine from Areoworks on-line picture of theirs. Looks good, I'm pleased.

[&:]Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

May all your landings be rubber side down!

Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone have a set of Carbon Fiber Graphtech gear they want to sell? Mine delaminated on a rough landing, actually I was try to drag the tail and I had to make an unplanned harrier landing,,,LOL.

Conrad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have been waiting for my graphtec gear for two weeks now. i would really like to finish the build on this plane. i can not wiat to fly this one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys- Does anyone have the SD Models website adderss?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone happen to have a red/white/light blue/dark blue cowl (30%) that they want to get rid of? I let my plane fall off a table & it banged up the cowl pretty good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone want to buy my 30% AM Yak, it's about 1/2 finished. I would prefer local pick up, I'm just don't have the time to finish it because I'm starting a new job and I will not have the time for the project. The cowl has been cut for a DA-50 and the firewall drilled for that engine, hinges are in and a few other odds and ends. The plane could be finished in a few hours I'm sure if someone had the time. It's the orange and checker scheme and was bought new in the summer of 2006, one of the wheel pants had a small crack in the back side of it and I repaired it. We can discuss price over the phone but I will say that you will not get one any cheaper anywhere else.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would be interesed in buying it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey all, Has anyone tried to use a Tune Pipe in their 30% yak 54? It would need some serious alterations, but I was thinking about it, and wondered if anyone else has tried it?
    cyoung450 - you have an interesting setup in your cansiter box. Is that your fuel tank? What did you do? Thanks to all replys,
    Brad

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey does anybody have a cowl they are looking to get rid of.if not, can you tell me if anyone has them in stock yet.i tryed TBM and no luck

i am looking for a yellow one for the flame 30% yak

tdrake311@aol.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try SD Model site, they say they are getting parts in now. They have a new website (updated)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes you are right that is my fuel tank installed in the canister tunnel, this has worked very well for me. I did it because at one point my batteries needed to be where the tank would be, I also think this has helped with the internal fuse pressure that these YAK are so famous for (blown off hatches), my hatch has never come loose. All I did to mount the tank was wrap it in foam it made it tight enough so the tank doesn't move, the velcro straps are just holding the foam tight against the tank. This helps when sliding it into the tunnel, the tank is a 24oz D-Bro. Here is a couple more pics not sure if they are any good.

I have never heard of a tuned pipe on one of these....

Conrad

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39860.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	596563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq51816.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	596564  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flatlandmike

Cy what muffler you using with the da and the vess I was getting 6850 rpms with the 22A but I was getting 6600 with the 23a so I wasnt to mad hehe if I can gain another 200 rpms I might change mufflers. I know my slimline isn't the best for performance but its what i have

Both these props at my rpms give sweat performance and I really like the 23a a lot.

Ok so I had the Extra out the other day and got some numbers, this is the DA-50R with Slimline pitts, Vess 22A I was getting 6850 on the ground pulled the Extra around like a rag doll...LOL

On the YAK which is a DA-50R with stock muffler and the Vess 22A I was getting 7000 on the ground and same kind of power sick and very good for 3D also.

Also I ordered the carb plate from TBM, I was having trouble with inverted flat spins or low idle inverted stuff the motor would want to die, installing this plate from TBM onto my carb has solved this problem on the Extra and I have one for the YAK I have not tried yet, I highly reccommend one of these plates from TBM, THEY WORK. Plus it is a carbon plate it looks cool......

Bottom line I will be ordering a Vess 23A to try out, but I think so far I really like the Vess 22A and will not be using anything else.

Conrad

CY,

I would agree on the pitts muffler taking away some power. On 22x8 NX and sea level I get 7200 with a broken in DA-50 on Synthetic. 23X8 NX is 6700, this all on the DA side dump stock muffler at sea level. The nice thing about the NX's for me is that they bite the air pretty well and rarely rips the air. (extended slight down line at WOT and upwind only)

I wonder how the NX compares as to the Vess? I am looking for a good prop for 3D style for my next project which will be run with a pipe.

Thanks,

Richard
    I Am WrongWayRC

BTW the little CF plate is worth it's weight in Gold.. It got rid of my deadsticks from inverted harriers.

RDB
    I Am WrongWayRC