Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

YAK 54 TOC1

Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 AM
RCWI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: YAK 54 TOC1

DaddySam. please let me kno how it goes with your plane, as far as the up and down thrust.. thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 07:00 PM
3DDean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys I flew my yak today and i could not get mine to knifeedge spin. I had another pilot in my club try it. He could not get it ether. Is it the plane or me?

thanks Dean
Old 08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
hanko

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You were correct in stating that employees of SD defected and started Pilot. The airplanes are very similar, and I dont think there is a nickels difference in either. Alas, my poor orange and blue like the one in the above photo was destroyed a few weeks ago due to dumb thums, flying over my ass, showing off, all of the above. Three years old IM guessing over 500 flights and it still looked new. They are a great airplane and I can say nothing bad about thee SD line. Ive purchased another, Its ready to maiden with the DLE55. My old one had a DL 50 which is at troy built for an OH as we speak. I also fly mine with twin spectrum recievers two A123 2300"s and the CG with the batteries right behind the tube is 7.5, maybe a CH more but it doesnt fly tail heavy
Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
RCWI

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: DaddySam

My plane is a new TT TOC-1, and the instructions did not have a template for mounting the engine. Fortunately I found a downloadable manual at Chief's website. I just followed the directions for measuring down from the top of the firewall and from right of center, double checked that it looked okay, and drilled the holes. I'd read that many folks had their bottom standoffs very near the edge of the firewall so I added some thickness to the firewall and at the same time extended it down about half an inch.
I have only a few flights on mine so far. It needed quite a few clicks (more than I'm used to - maybe ten) of up elevator. I'm not sure if that's because I'm nose heavy or because I have some downthrust. It flies fine though.
Sam
Hay Sam could you please let me kno how you flights go as far as the thrust is concerned..
thanks
Old 09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
3DDean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys my 23a will be here tomarrow and i will test asap. See how it compares to 22a.

Dean
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 AM
cyoung450

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I prefer the Mens props for 3D, the Vess props are nice and work well, my choice for 3D is a Mens 23x8 and for IMAC I like the Mesjlik 23x8.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
3DDean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The vess 23a flew way better then the 22a. It did make it torque roll faster and made everything more sensitive. But cut down how high of a throttle i hover at.

Thanks Dean
Old 03-26-2013, 07:31 AM
mikefuture

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm just getting around to building my Yak. It's been in the hanger for a while. I decided to resurect this thread.

Has anyone had problems with the pull pull rudder wires rubbing on the servos for the elevators? I used the stock control horns and hardware. The wire seems to rub against the tabs and bolt for the elevator halfs and also agains the servo. I tried to move the ball link on the rudder above and below the rudder horn to no avail.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
JoeRC-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Mike, great to see this thread resurected! I have not had problems with the wires rubbing sorry. But your resurection of the thread got me wanting to get this wonderful plane back in the air! Thanks.

JoeRC
Old 03-31-2013, 05:03 PM
rlytle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mike,

I crossed the pull pull wires and had little interference. I did have to trim a little wood former to keep the wires from chaffing on wood. No problems with the servo's on either of my Yaks. As I recall the slots were moved on the newer models before the company went belly up. That and relocating your servo mount might be an option.

Ray
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 AM
mikefuture

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Joe and Ray,

I made the exit holes bigger on the bottom and towards the rear and now they seem to fit better. They still rub a little bit on the fomer.

I can't wait to get this in the air...

Search this Thread