Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Composite-arf Extra 330 ?????????

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composite-arf Extra 330 ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 PM
BobbyRichardson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite-arf Extra 330 ?????????

Guys, I have been trying to decide on a new plane for my DA 100 for months now. I'm really looking for a Imac plane and I think I have tentatively decided to go with a 2.6 Composite-Arf Extra 330. All you Imac guys let me know what you think.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Composite-arf Extra 330 ?????????

It's a good plane for IMAC, but it does fly fast. Mine also couples more than other Extras that I've owned, but it can be taken care of with some mixing.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
BobbyRichardson

Would you buy it again, if not what would you buy?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

The Comp-Arf 2.6m Yak is a much better choice in my opinion. I've seen a couple fly, and they are fantastic flying IMAC planes. The Extra is pretty small and flies very fast which doesn't present as well.

Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 05:14 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Look at the DR-Hobbies Extra. Same plane with a wingtube instead of a carbon spar and no dihedral. It flys great and only need 6% up elevator to rudder. The Extra and Yak are nearly identical in size. The Yak may have a tad bigger fuse and a little more wing area, but basically they are the same size. I am sure the Yak may be a bit better, but it also cost 500 more, and I personally like the looks of the extra better. Oh by the way, the DR planes is fully painted and slightly cheaper than the painted Comp-ARF. They also have a scale scheme versus the Fantasy schemes that COMP-ARF offers. I have flown mine for the past few weeks with a DA-100 on stcok mufflers. I like it more and more everytime I fly it. Check them out.

www.DRhobbies.com
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BobbyRichardson

Would you buy it again, if not what would you buy?
No I wouldn't. I would try to find a Radiocraft or get a Carden. I also like the Troy Built but they are very fragile. Not to say I don't enjoy flying my Extra, which I do, but the Carden and Radiocraft appear to have better characteristics for IMAC.