Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

smoke system

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
mxcop114
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoke system

Hi,
This may be a stupid question. I am getting the 85" Somenzini Yak, it's my first gas plane. I spoke with him about using the DA 50. He told me that he tested the first models with the 3w engine which is a little heavier than the DA 50, and that I may need a little nose weight. I am using a PCM reciever and want to keep everything as far from the ignition as possible. I was thinking if it needed nose weight that I could add a smoke system but I'm wondering if having it too close to the engine would give me problems like you can have with the other radio equiptment. It may not even need the weight, but I figured at least it wouldn;t be wasted weight added with the smoke system. Also do the batteries have to be far away like the reciever, or could I move them with the regulaters up front without problems. Like I said I'm new to the gas planes so whatever info you guys can give is very helpful.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:38 PM
mcflyrc
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: smoke system

I needed nose weight to balance my 80" Extra, mounted my receiver battery behind the firewall to balance, no problems with interference. The smoke system (Sullivan skywriter) is mounted on the CG, about 4-6" away from the ignition module...no problems. Try to keep electronics separated from ignition module by at least 6-8". If possible mount your ignition module on the outside of the motor box. If you need to put your rx battery up front for balance move just the battery keep the regulator back with your rx. Keep all wiring neat and separated.