Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

BME 27% Oracle Pitts Challenger Build

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME 27% Oracle Pitts Challenger Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME 27% Oracle Pitts Challenger Build

Hey Ken. Great video. It is good to see what this plane will really do in the hands of somebody that knows what they are doing.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Bonedaddy,

The plane is fun and a little different from what I am used to. It's a nice change of pace. Now that I have a good PC again I am looking forward to making some more when the weather gets better.

Ken
Old 05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Blockbuster

I'm glad to see it's back on the market! And that long waited for video. This plane is so beautiful. Ken you need to get this vid on your web site ASAP. And I hope you are not thinking of discontinuing this one!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
allied

O.K. , what did I do wrong. Just finished my pitts, I put the DA 50 in her and weighed the plane.......... wow 26lbs. I must have missed one of the build lessons because I sure didnt think it was gonna be that heavy. The only extra I added is the showtime smoke pump, smoke tank and battery. What is the aveage finished weight of the ones you guys built?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

Wow! Allied.
I built mine w/ a DA50, four airleron servos, one rudder servo and one servo per elevator. I used the sullivan smoke pump and powered it off of my receiver battery. Used a Fromeco 4800 w/ regulator and a JR 649 receiver. Mine came in at 18 1/2 lbs. I cannot imagine how yours came in at 26lbs. That is the weight of my 33% Aeroworks Ultimate w/ a 3W 106 on the nose. Are you sure your scale is correct? Are you using a fish type scale in which you can hang the plane on? At that weight, I would be very hesitant to fly it and the DA50 might have issues even pulling it. I would start my checking the scale. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:05 PM
allied

Thanks< your right, I think I had better double check the scales. I used an old bathroomscale and just balanced the plane on the spinner tip. Also maybe I should rethink the three seperate battery packs.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
bonedaddy41

[X(] Yep. I would definately suspect the scales. I built mine with the Evolution 58GX which is 12 ounces heavier than the DA50 and mine was 18 1/2 pounds without smoke.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Julian537
My Feedback: (9)

Wow, a good set of fish scales will ease your mind! All up weight on my pitts w/out fuel is 17.8. Yeah! much better. Now the cg is supposed to be 2.5" in front of the lower wing leading edge. Does that sound right? Well anyway, took her out in the front yard and cranked it up. Nice! Then handed the tranmitter to wifey and picked up the plane and held it nose up and told her to got to full throttle...............if I had let go .................. wifey would have been flyin a big plane in a small area. I can't wait to go to the field. Just gotta set the throws and the cg and we'll be ready for the runway.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:49 PM
allied

sorry forgot to log off my budies account . the last post was me.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 PM
F-16WpnsTech

Just wondering if anyone has picked up PAU's "updated" Pitts Challenger and, if so, any reports on the build or how it flies. I bought an older, used one from someone here on RCU and getting it together now.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is Gaby on one of the new ones. Although it's the Bulldog there very similar airframes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSumAzS8j5E&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 PM
F-16WpnsTech

ORIGINAL: Ken-h

Here is Gaby on one of the new ones. Although it's the Bulldog there very similar airframes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSumAzS8j5E&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
I'm liking it bigtime! I'm just wondering why this airframe hasn't caught on....absolutely gorgeous lines and flys great!