Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Modellbau Pitts S1 - need help

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Exclusive Modellbau Pitts S1 - need help

Old 09-15-2005, 12:14 AM
smurfjet
My Feedback: (40)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exclusive Modellbau Pitts S1 - need help

Hello,

Would anyone happen to have the cg for this pitts. It's the old German made ARC by Exclusive Modellbau. I bought it built and had been previously flown. I've flown it a dozen times or so and it has a tendency to really want to pull out of inverted flight. In other words, when inverted it wants to climb. It's a very abrupt pull, not just a bit of a climb. I've never flown something with this tendency. I had thought the incidence of the top wing might be off but was assured the plane came that way from the factory. I added a bit of up thrust on the engine and have not yet gotten it up in the air again to see if this helps. Just wanted to make sure I have the cg spot on. Any help is appreciated.

The specs - 95.5 inch top wing, Brison 6.4 twin and not sure about weight, although pretty light for it's size. Killer smoke system, probably one of the best I have seen. Very nice flying plane except for this one issue.

Dave
Minneapolis

Here's a few pics - sitting next to a Byron Pitts for size
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41358.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	324312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92147.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	324313