Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

SNEAK PEAK: New 75-80cc YAK!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

SNEAK PEAK: New 75-80cc YAK!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SNEAK PEAK: New 75-80cc YAK!!!!!!

Ooops... not anymore...
Old 10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well when I went on there it said $200 now it doesn't but still no price on the plane. I want to see the price of the plane before I lay any money down!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Maudib

Exactly... the pre-order page was not supposed to be uploaded yet... was waiting on the price... Chip is waiting on the final hardware costs to finalize the price... should be known pretty soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion.

Once the finalized price is determined, then people will be able to pre-order the plane with a $200 deposit.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Maudib

The final price has been set: $695... Reservations can now be made online... $200 non-refundable deposit...

Squeel!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Mike3drc

Hello,

Why are these guys making non-refundable deposits? I personally wouldnt do this no matter whos company it is. You cant say that just because they are who they are you can't have a problem. My opinion is make it refundable. We shouldnt have to fund the company before the product is released.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Maudib

When you place a pre-order you are committing to buying the plane. Decisions are made as to when to start a second batch, if it's prudent to ship 150 planes instead of 200 in order to get them to the masses sooner, etc.

If you pre-order a plane and then change your mind, you cause potential loss of sales, or at the least more hassle to try and contact other people who wanted to pre-order but the airframes were all spoken for.

Still the whole point is that you meet the demands of the marketplace and get planes in timely. Let's say the pre-orders go well and he sells out in a month... he can contact the plant and have them continue to make more rather than de-tool for another plane. It's about supply and demand. If you have 20 people cancel because they bought something else then you are sitting on those 20 planes PLUS the ones you ordered more of because you THOUGHT you were out of stock. And now you are setting on surplus.

The bottom line is whether you really want the plane or not... if you don't know for sure, don't pre-order... you risk not getting one from the first batch, but you won't be stuck buying a plane you decided you didn't want.

These aren't Rockefella's running these small companies, and Chip is no different. It does indeed take a LOT of capital to bring these planes in... and if a non-refundable deposit system helps, then I'm all for it.

If you don't feel it's your place to "fund" the company who is working to bring you these great products, then just bide your time and buy when they are in stock (even if that means the second batch).

It's a cake and eat it too... I kind of like paying $200 up front.... then in a few months I owe less... and the wife don't need to know ever little thing...

ORIGINAL: Mike3drc

Hello,

Why are these guys making non-refundable deposits? I personally wouldnt do this no matter whos company it is. You cant say that just because they are who they are you can't have a problem. My opinion is make it refundable. We shouldnt have to fund the company before the product is released.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Y N C

Good price. does it come with full hardware? I'm getting one for sure. but i'll wait for the second shippment.

I'm not too crazy about the non-refundable deposit neither. but for Chip what heck
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Mike3drc

Hello,

I understand the motive, but I dont agree with taking someones money and if you have an issue or a change you loose. I dont see any other small company requiring this other than BME. IMO I wouldnt do it.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Maudib

Not sure what you mean about having an "issue or a change".

If you mean the buyer, yes things can happen and change circumstances... loss of job, moving, health. But the reality is that you are making a "buying" decision now. If you don't want to buy now, don't pre-order. It's really that simple.

Why should a company take someone for their word and reserve a plane for them? Especially when they've got customers with "cash in hand" who are willing to help offset the huge initial investment due with each shipment? Only to have that customer's situation change and they cancel the order?

WHat would you do if you could buy the plane today and take possession. And in 2 months the "situation" changes? See if you could return it? Isn't that the same thing?

I think if you were operating a similar business you'd think differently. As it is... money talks. Those willing to pay a deposit now on a plane they "want" to buy will benefit by getting the one from the first batch.

It's simply a way of keeping people from reserving a plane that they are not sure they want AND help offset the costs of making them availble to that very same customer.

I would guess these will sell out before they get here, and Chip will order some more to come in a couple months later.

Of course if Chip has the problem... major delay or the ship sinks... everyone gets their deposit back.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Mike3drc

Hello,

Look Im giving my opinion on taking deposits that are non-refundable regardless of who the company is. Dont turn this into a CHP thing. I think its a vaild comparison that other small companys don't require this and just a couple of others do that are the same size company or close. Its not personal just my observation.

Thanks

Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Maudib

To be honest, I could not understand why you went out of your way to even post... it was just plain derrogative:

"Why are these guys making non-refundable deposits?" Because they choose to.

"You can't say that just because they are who they are you can't have a problem." This ISN'T personal and about CHP???

You know what I find interesting? That you've made a little over 20 posts since September. The format of your posts are EXACTLY the same as John's at Aerotech...

Hello,

"message"

Thanks

"name"

I have read SEVERAL of his posts and all of yours... same thing... interesting isn't it? Actually almost comical when you read the myriad of short posts in the SAME thread.

Oh, and all of your posts EXCEPT this one have been regarding Aerotech. Every single one...

A fella might even suspect that you and John were the same person, and that "Mike" is an AeroTech trollname....

But we know that isn't the case. Right? I hope not... cause Aerotech does have good products and this type of behavior just wouldn't do them justice.

For anyone interested:

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/searchpro.asp?author=Mike3drc&top=50]Mike's Posts[/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/searchpro.asp?author=Aerotech&top=50]Aerotech's Last 50 Posts[/link]

Old 11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really believe in the non refundable $200 either BUT at the same time when you call to pre-order the plane you ARE BUYING IT just not all at ounce!! I would not let the non refundable deposite stop me from pre ordering the plane and I myself will be ordering the plane and can't wait to see it!!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Y N C

Does Chip have a disturbutor up here in Canada?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Maudib

That's be a question for him... I really don't know... give 'em a call.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Tell me it isn't so.......

RC Universe members don't lie or pretend to be other people; or do they ????

Good detective work Maudib.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Mike3579

I don't really believe in the non refundable $200 either BUT at the same time when you call to pre-order the plane you ARE BUYING IT just not all at ounce!! I would not let the non refundable deposite stop me from pre ordering the plane and I myself will be ordering the plane and can't wait to see it!!
I feel the same way,but as you said, I would not let this stop me. I'm also anxious to see it and read reports on it, the perfect plane for our new EVO 80, can't wait

Roger

Forgues Research
Old 11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

Maudib.... Great job!! Way would you put your name on any list if you do not have GOOD INTENTION on buying it in the first place.

greg
Old 11-07-2005, 07:14 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My first Honda ACCORD- required a $100 deposit -just to get in line
In one shop -they asked for (and got) a grand .
this deposit was totally refundable because it was simply a way of puting people in a line to buy scarce merchandise
Some $200 non refundable deposits change things as they allow the seller to declare orders on hand as assets -and some lenders will accept this type asset. Way back when -- in the hobby business -mfgrs would advertise a new product and not even begin manufacturing until the jobbers entered enough orders!
They needed these orders in order to get money to produce the product.
On a slightly different type of assets---
A local Goniff, who deals in ambulance chasing, declared his "possible " settlements in Civil suits, as assets!
The corker is that he got millions as loans using this ploy-and hosed his partnership, family et all, to a fair thee well . But he got caught and had his balls handed him on a platter by the presiding judge..
Old 12-14-2005, 03:44 PM
hobdean
My Feedback: (11)

What is the weight and wing area of the new yak?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Hey guys,

Speaking of 80cc engines, I have started to bench run the EVO. I have a 26*10 prop on it, and using an old pefa cannister muffler which is very quiet.

After tuning the engine "needle valves. and warming up the engine, I went full bore. I don't have a tack reading since I didn't have the tack handy, but the prop was ripping on the bench.
Am I impressed, yes!! to say the least. Now same piston/cylinders on the 150 and 300, can't wait to try these...

More testing and should have rpm readings also.

Roger
Old 12-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Maudib, as Tbob has always pointed out, everyone that spends all of their time talking about Aerotech uses that exact same template for their posts. Most of which are about Aerotech. Makes you think.....

Shoot me a pm when you get a chance and let me know how you have been. Haven't heard from you in a while.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Has anyone heard anything new. Did Chip have one at the last show?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Absolut Yak
My Feedback: (4)

Down on the Deck has videos of the AMA convention. Chip was interviewed and describes the plane at the booth.

Doug
Old 01-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Maudib

It appears it will be delayed some... Chip, after getting the prototype in wanted to make some adjustments and it will have to go through another revision before production can begin. I don't know if that means 30 more day or 2-3 months...

Once I hear something I'll report back.

J. David