Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME 37% Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:24 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: BME 37% Ultimate

Every plane I have flown harriers one way or the other.. just use the rudder..

And thanks on the mag!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thunderbolt47

Hey guys, I just recieved a kevlar wire kit from Don's hobby shop. I got tired of breaking the metal ones. Hope to string it up tommorrow.

As for the flying wires, I say they are mandatory also. The wing may hold up to flight stresses, but they are not solid enough to keep the wings from twisting.

Question; When in a harrier my plane wants to pull to the right. It's pretty easy to steer it straight but it's just bugging me now. Anyone else have this problem?

BTW Ken-H here those radio settings you where talking about?

Finnally: John, I saw you made the AMA district report with Ken . Great job.

Later,
Kelly,

Here are my settings to this point. Mind you, I am running a lot more throw on this plane as compared to most. I’ve got at lease 60 degrees on the elevators and 45 or more on everything else.

Rudd to Aile is as follows:
L = 20
1 = 8
2 = 0
3 = -7
H = -20

Rudd to Elev is as follows:
L = -18
1 = -6
2 = 0
3 = -6
H = -20

As far as the pull to the right in a harrier, I would think you have a lot of right thrust built in perhaps. All my planes have pulled a little to the left. My Ultimate is pretty neutral or I’ve not really paid any attention to it. I’ve flown planes that pulled to the right but they had too much right thrust for my taste, felt a little strange. Are you sure your rudder centered? It’s harder to tell with an Ultimate rudder because it lacks a counter balance as a reference point.

Hope this helps,
Ken
Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
lazy eight
My Feedback: (389)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying all week to talk to someone and nothing but a machine as well. This has really put me off on buying one of these planes. Thats if I could buy one. I will keep my money and wait untill AeroWorks brings back the Ultimate in the New QB line. The BME really looks good. And the price is great. How is there support if you need parts ??[X(]
Old 09-08-2006, 01:44 AM
islandflyer

lazy eight Date 9/8/2006 3:20:58 PM
I have been trying all week to talk to someone and nothing but a machine as well. This has really put me off on buying one of these planes. Thats if I could buy one. I will keep my money and wait untill AeroWorks brings back the Ultimate in the New QB line. The BME really looks good. And the price is great. How is there support if you need parts ??
Please be patient until the middle of next week...
Old 09-08-2006, 07:35 AM
MikeEast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ken-h

As far as the pull to the right in a harrier, I would think you have a lot of right thrust built in perhaps. All my planes have pulled a little to the left. My Ultimate is pretty neutral or I’ve not really paid any attention to it. I’ve flown planes that pulled to the right but they had too much right thrust for my taste, felt a little strange. Are you sure your rudder centered? It’s harder to tell with an Ultimate rudder because it lacks a counter balance as a reference point.

Hope this helps,
Ken

Here is what works for me. Try pointing the plane directly into the wind in a place in the sky so that the plane is flying directly towards and away from you as it loops. ( You will be looking at the tip of the rudder then spinner as it loops, not the wintip. Do repeated outside loops about 100-150' in diameter up a little high and do not correct with the rudder and watch where it goes. If its corkscrewing left or right appropriately trim the rudder until it loops straight as you can get it. Just use the ailerons to keep the wings level. you do not want to do any steering or correcting with the aileron AND you really need to be pointed right into the wind or you will not get a good trim test. It works really well for me whenI am trying to identify rudder trim. thrust problems. I would say you could also use throttle to rudder mix, but in a harrier it wuold not aply I dont think.

Really I am more inclined to think that unless you are having issues with the plane pulling to the right in normal flight, its just a matter of getting used to the steering. [8D] That just basis my experience with this plane.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Guys.

Ken, as far I could tell, the firewall was put in exactly where the instructions said. So maybe it is what John said. The only other plane I can reference is my Sukhoi (H-9) and I really don't remember if it pulled to one side.

Mike I will try what you suggested to see.

So thanks agian,

gotta go!

I'm packing up for a fly-in tommorow It's supposed to be sunny and 85 deg.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Thunderbolt47

WOW!! Four flights today! It just keeps getting better all the time. I'm usually a two timer at fly-ins, but this thing is so much fun to fly. I wanted to fly it more. Prop nut problems keep me from 5 flights or more.

I might try to sneak away to the feild tommorrow [8D]

Later,
Old 09-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Ken-h

Cool! I havn't been flying mine much in the last few weeks. Where those radio settings any help or close to yours? It's my favorite plane to take out of the hanger.

Ken
Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 AM
bobswika

I received my BME Ultimate a few days ago. Looks like a great quality plane. I had a cracked canopy and was immediatly sent out a replacement. Great customer service. I can not wait to get the plane built. Hopefully it flys as good as it looks.

Bob
Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Ken-h

Bob,

No worries, it fly's better than it looks.

Ken
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
bobswika

Ken,
That's great to hear. Too bad I'm at the end of the flying season in PA so I'll have to wait until spring to try it.
Bob
Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Thunderbolt47

Hey Ken, Sorry it has taken so long to reply, but work has been very busy.

I have been flying though. We have had a fly-in every weekend since the first weekend of sept.
Oct. is filled up to. My wife misses me. I stay one the road all week and then gone on Saturdays. I told her see could have me back after the last fly-in in November.
I have to say I'm having a blast with the Ultimate. Even my friend say that "I look like I'm having fun" Last week a buddy and I where T/R side by side. Although his T/R lasted longer than mine it was still fun.

answer this. One weekend the inverted Harriers where rock solid and the next it would fall completly out. What's up with that?. All I did was add a 1ozs weight on the tail wheel. To be sure that wouldn't change it that much.

Anyways, I'm getting my harriers lower and lower now. I am SO temped to land it. I

I am just please as can be over my plane. I was scared to try the Ultimate at first. but now I'm glad I did. Field assembly takes a little longer than a mono plane but that just gives me a few minutes to gather my thoughts and make sure every thing is right.

I haven't had a chance to put the programs in yet. maybe this weekend.
Thanks,
Kelly
Old 10-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Thunderbolt47

I don't have any thing to say here I just wanted to get my post count off of 666. EEKK!!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 PM
JohnVH

Kelly, was the wind different one time to the next? Maybe you had it at a different angle or speed, lots of variables can attribute to it feeling different from one time to another.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Thunderbolt47

John, there was a little bit more wind the first time. You think that's what it was?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:47 PM
JohnVH

Could be, maybe just one of those days.. somedays Im on, somedays Im off..

My plane from the AMA mag

Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Flyfalcons

Or it could be that you totally rock, John. [8D]

www.johnvhrocks.com
Old 10-05-2006, 02:18 PM
JohnVH

that right there, thats funny!! "Never give up!" -Bassmaster
Old 10-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Flyfalcons

"he's taking a rest, I'm taking a rest......we're both taking a rest"
Old 10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
JohnVH

"That a rental?" LMAO ok, everyone thinks were crazy now... [X(]
Old 10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Ken-h

Kelly,

Good to hear from you again. Was wondering what happened to you. I do know about being busy.

John,

"Hey man that some nice goggles you got, those welding goggles?"...lol Had to watch that again!

Ken
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
lockjaw-express
My Feedback: (36)

BME Ultimate flyers,

Well, I flew my BME Ultimate on Tuesday this week, and the flight went better than expected!

My Plane has the BME 102E with a Menz 26/10 prop, however it did have almost unlimited vertical, but really was lacking for hovering. It also flew very nose heavy when flying inverted (lost of down elevator) and when landing and taxing on the runway.

I bought a new BME 110 extreame off of a RCU member, then installed it last night and it took almost 1LB off the nose of the plane. It now balances at the mid to rear-most suggested C/G, hoever I think I could use a little more battery power, and that would balance things out. In addition I am running 2400ma Li-ion Fromeco batteries on two (2) receivers, but I will order two (2) 4800 Fromeco batts instead, that should balance at the rear-most C/G point.

The plane is pretty "tippsy" on taxi across the grass, and on landing it needs a lot of power and up elevator, but with the above mods it should be a lot better. I hope!

I will say that it is a real nice flying plane, and now one of my favorites.

BR, Mark
Old 10-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Ken-h

Hey Mark,

Good to hear, nothing like more power! I don't know about the 102E but the 105 pulls this plane around darn well. Getting the weight back should help a bunch with ground handling. Some harder tires rather than the stocks ones also help. I changed mine over to sky-lites and it really helped in taller grass. Besides, harrier landings on the stock wheels really shortens there life. I am eager to get my motor back and get mine back in the air again.

Ken
Old 10-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Thunderbolt47

Well Guys, Today I went to a fly-in and was weathered out. I did get one flight in at noon. There was a light drizzle and very low cloud cover. So I kept it low. I was down on deck. If someone had a camera they would have gotten the trees and some grass in the shot(that's for Ken & John). I did a harrier for the length of the runway about 2 feet of the groud.(Rock solid). I was so tempted to land it but, I chickened out. I'm also getting better with my hovering and T/Rs. this plane makes it easy.

Hey John and Ken, Dick Pettit was there and he snaped a few shot of me and my plane so keep an eye out for me in the next couple of months in RC Report. See you guys aren't the only ones that can get in a magazine.

BTW, did I mention I love this plane.

Later,
Old 10-08-2006, 10:19 AM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Just signing onto this thread. I want a big Ultimate & this one has my eye. If they are still avail. I will be ordering this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.