Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Laser 2000 (by Super Kraft)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Laser 2000 (by Super Kraft)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 01:19 PM
Goldie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser 2000 (by Super Kraft)

Hello... PLEASE ADVISE!! I have a new Laser 2000 from Super Kraft... Excellent ARF and seams to fly great... 1st day out was last weekend and loved it EXCEPT for one thing... The rear wing bolts are in the worst possible place... I have no idea what the folks who designed this were thinking... They are almost impossible to get to.... NOT even enough room to use any kind of a ratchet wrench.... I have checked with all of our local hardwear stores and online to find ANY kind of a tool that might work.... I have even toyed with the idea of tearing apart the wing to move them.... I was just curious how those of you who have this plane have adapted to this....and if you feel that you even need the rear wing bolts? Thank you for your time.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:16 AM
compound air

I have the same plane( 87in WS) and the rear wing bolts are easy to access. I don't know what you have placed in there way or if there was a design change. The front wing bolts on the other hand did require a small closed end ratchet which I picked up at the locale ace hardware store 5mm I believe All works well P.S. i would certianly use both sets as this is a large aircraft
Good Luck
Old 11-22-2002, 08:14 PM
BrianB
My Feedback: (2)

Default Laser wing bolts

Goldie, I have one of these and you are right, they are in a bad possition. What I do is this, slide one wing on and insert bolts, go through the bolt holes for the other wing with a allen head ball driver {thay are long like a screwdriver} and tighten the one wing. Then I slide on the other wing and insert bolts, you can get to both of these with the same long allen head ball driver. The rear bolt is at a very sharp angle for the ball driver but with a fair amount of pressure you can get it fairly tight. I have 35+ flights on mine and I have never found them loose after a day of flying. Nice ARF don't you think, how about the size of those elevators {almost the same cord width as my 33% 540t} oh and do yourself a favor and don't trust the little philips head wood screws for holding on the rear stab and rudder, mine came loose three times before I decided to probond the whole assem. on permenently. If it wasn't for the flying wires the plane would be no longer. Brian
Old 11-23-2002, 01:18 PM
Goldie

Thank you for your replys Jeeeeezzzzzzz I cant believe I didnt think of that (going thru other wing hole).... I was also trying to use a short allen wrench for both.. Yikes! The long bolt driver takes care of BOTH sides now ) From my understanding there were TWO designs for the wings on this kit, one being like the one I have and the other one has the dowel in the middle and the rear bolts actually in the rear..... I didnt like the way the stab was put on right up front and decided to put the stab on permanently from the start but im glad after hearing from yours that I did )) Thanks again for your replys

p.s. OH BOY its allmost 30 degrees here in Denver at 6:15 am and I get to go out and fly it again in 45 min LOL
Old 01-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Chillybee
My Feedback: (3)

It's good to read the review on the Laser since I bought one and am about to start assembling it. I'm trying the Fuji 64 mystery motor (since noone knows anything about it) and it will be my 1st big plane.

Orlando