Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

QuiQue 85" Yak canister muffler

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

QuiQue 85" Yak canister muffler

Old 02-04-2006, 08:34 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default QuiQue 85" Yak canister muffler

I am interested in installing a DA50 engine with a canister muffler in the QQ 85" Yak. It appears there is little room for one. If it has been done, please post some pictures of your canister muffler intallation. Which canister muffler is the best for this installation?

Regards,

Steve K
Old 02-04-2006, 10:08 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QuiQue 85" Yak canister muffler

dig through the 85" QQ yak thread.....there is one person who did it...... with pictures....

personally I think it just took too much to do and changed the looks so much.....

but it is personal preference.... I can say this...it has unlimited (not just tossing that word out... it really does!) vertical with a DA-50 and a slimline pitts muffler...and it isn't too loud
Old 02-04-2006, 12:04 PM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: QuiQue 85" Yak canister muffler

I studied the pictures of the 3W70 engine, flex header and canister muffler. I would like to end up with a neater cowl installation on the DA50. What do you think of using a drop header and mounting the canister muffler under the landing gear? Can someone give me an estimate of how much drop I would need. TBM sells a 2" drop header. Would this be enough?

Does anyone know who has a DA50 in stock?

Thanks,

Steve