Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Who can you believe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who can you believe?

T Bob, I didn't do anything special to save weight, I just kept everything as simple as I could. No pilot, single battery and switch. I also used a plastic cone spinner instead of an aluminum one. Nothing special, just saving an ounce here and there. I could probably make it a little lighter if I switched my Nimhs our for Li-ions.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:35 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rcpilet

Well, I need to maiden a GP Pitts too.

You guys wanna come down Friday or Saturday--depending on the wind?

I'll be ready with the Pitts by then.

We'll call it Maiden day at the Sky Corral.
I won't have my plane 'til friday and then I have to assemble it. But I will PM you when I am ready and maybe Kioqm and I will take you up on the offer!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Rubbernecker
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In response to the question, I think RC Report is about the best other than these fourms.(Many opinions) They give the good bad and ugly. If a plane stinks, they say it does. Some of the other magazines only report the good stuff. I have seen reviews on planes that I have owned and they stunk, but the magazine review was good. Not RC Report. That is why it is my #1 magazine.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:31 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Bryant330L

What plastic spinner did you use?

Oh, I forgot the new "buzz word" lie. It's just not weight or rpms now its "the plane has no coupling".

I just love that one. The newer planes, Yaks and 260s do have less coupling, but to have no coupling...Please.

These people need to get out of their mom's basement and really need to find a life, or maybe even a real live girl friend, and I stress live.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Um, is Shania your girlfriend or just a fantasy avatar?

I agree about the "no coupling" thing. Perhaps they should say "the plane displayed an easily-controllable amount of coupling" or a "barely-perceptable amount of coupling".
Old 02-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: BTerry

Um, is Shania your girlfriend or just a fantasy avatar?

I agree about the "no coupling" thing. Perhaps they should say "the plane displayed an easily-controllable amount of coupling" or a "barely-perceptable amount of coupling".
She can't be his girlfriend. Shes MY girlfriend!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
fasterthanlife
My Feedback: (2)

I'm so mad! I just bought a Wild-Hare Edge and my airfram alone weighs 6 lbs. My freind steve bought one and it weighed 5.999 lbs. I'm so incredibly mad... Now hes gonna be able to harrier better than me.

Hahaha just had too...
Old 02-25-2006, 08:39 PM
japan3d

ORIGINAL: fasterthanlife

I'm so mad! I just bought a Wild-Hare Edge and my airfram alone weighs 6 lbs. My freind steve bought one and it weighed 5.999 lbs. I'm so incredibly mad... Now hes gonna be able to harrier better than me.
Mine weighs 5.998. Want to trade? I need the extra .001 lb for balancing it.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:41 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Relax, you can always spend another $300 to save 14 oz (and that sounds a LOT more in metric, 400g!).

Reminds me of back when I was a cycling enthusiast. I had friends who would spend $60 on titanium seat quick-releases to save 60g on a bike weighing 15# and costing far more than their cars. Then we would throw on a few water bottles (3# or more), eat a Whopper at Burger King (another pound), and feel good about the 60 grams saved by switching out the quick release.