Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Stans Fibertech

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:52 PM
gordyd4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stans Fibertech

I called Stans Fibertech to get info about their planes, but could get a hold of nobody and they don't return phone calls.....seems like they are as bad as B.M.E. Any suggestions on their planes?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:12 AM
fisher1648

Default RE: Stans Fibertech

I've ordered a cowling or two ..... no drama....Good quality..... I'm guessing it's a pretty small operation. I'd bet they are small enough that if the person that normally answers the phone is out or sick not many calls get through.

Although somethimes not the most efficient, I prefer dealing with the "little guys"...give em a chance ! Someday they might be the last guys on the planet with that impossible to find, outta production cowling....

I'm only guessing about their size - just my perception.

Good luck - Eric
Old 03-04-2006, 12:41 AM
jeide
My Feedback: (111)

How many times did you try to reach them? I called twice and had my parts in 8 days. Good quaility.
Jim
Old 03-04-2006, 12:49 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I know Stan, and it is a small operation. If you want/need something from him, just keep trying.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:51 AM
smitymax

Yes, Stans Fibertech is a small operation, but there is not a nicer guy than Stan to deal with. You need a little patience but you will get a good product whatever it is. Try an email to Stan if you are unable to reach him on the phone or try again later.

I have met Stan personally and he is a very friendly and helpful person.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:12 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

He does make some nice cowls, and stuff. They fit identical to original factory parts. Well worth the wait... just keep trying. And... yes... very nice guy.... knows planes very well.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:24 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

you want good service and good parts with a smile.don't waste time on stan go directly to fiberglass specialities and you will never go back
Old 03-04-2006, 11:25 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

I've had nothing but great experiences with Stan. They are usually there when I call, if not I call back. Stan goes out of his way to get you what you need, something that I never felt when I called Fiberglass Specialties. For whatever reason, FS never had what I needed so I've never been successfully able to order anything from them. A couple of times Stan didn't either, but MADE me one and shipped it out pretty quickly. I have to agree, he's a super nice guy.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:37 AM
rcblimppro

I know of one of the 40% Katanas for sale here in the SF Bay area. It's a good flier and unusual enough to stand out in the crowd.

Shawn
Old 03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Ratt Belly

Guys,
I called Stan early last week and ordered a cowl. It sounds like he keeps the molds on hand and makes them up as they are ordered. Anyway, he asked me if I was in a hurry, and since there is still some snow on the ground here I said that I was not.

He then told me that his daughter had a baby girl due at the end of last week so he would likely be out of the shop for a while. I asked, and it is his first grandchild, he is fired up!

He seems like a great guy so give him a chance unless you have to have it yesterday.

Congrats, Stan! I hope all goes well.

Jason
Old 03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In defference to "3dd" Stan is a very honest and good person., even a bit funny if you get to meet him. He is very religeous and has the best and I mean the absolute best business ethics of absolutely anyone in business. I would give Stan all the calls it takes to get in touch with him and never try another. He may have had a personal emergency, he may have had a death in the family. Whatever it was, Stan and his wife would do anything to make it right with you.

DON'T GIVE UP ON STAN! He and his wife ARE the business. He stands by his business name "Stans Fibertech". You can flame me all you want. You can send me personal e-mails at [email protected] about Stan but please don't bad mouth a good man like him on this imature forum. Stan may not even remember me but I remember him BECAUSE OF HIS ETHICS!

LAYOFF STAN!!
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM
wacopilot
My Feedback: (6)

I think Stan has closed down his shop. I bought and paid for some supplies about a month ago and have yet to get them. Any info on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Waco
Old 05-16-2006, 09:50 AM
The Internet Killer

I think if you check some other threads you will find Stan's is up for sale. ( The business. not Stan himself.)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4188808/tm.htm

Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From another thread in the Clubhouse, dated 5/13/06:
"UPDATE on Stan's:
Everything is falling into place and I will move the equipment from Oregon to Santa Maria, Ca. in the first week of June. I should start producing parts the week after. All prices should stay the same but the web site will be updated and more complete as soon as I can get access to it. The new company info is:

Stan's Fiber Tech
3125 Liberator St.
Santa Maria, Ca. 93455
ph. 805-922-3262
fax 805-9223595
temperary e-mail: [email protected]

Anyone wishing a flyer announcing the purchase, please e-mail me. I need to get the word out that Stan's is still here! I'm taking orders.............! "
Old 05-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

I called Stan's today and got message stating the business is for sale??? Will you manufacture the supergear? Looking for the 33% Extra shape.
Tony Hallo
Old 05-20-2006, 12:30 AM
ncsanik
My Feedback: (1)

he has sold his biz, a guy in southern cal bought it. he should be up and running in mud june. my sponser bought a ton of stuff from stan and this new guy is going to finish it. he assured my sponser that the parts are going to be of quality.

Team Silhavy Aerosports
Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
stansfiber
My Feedback: (8)

hay i stumbled across this, and thanks for all the nice words. " keep em flying"