Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Huge Problems

Old 04-10-2006, 08:15 AM
ILIKE3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge Problems

Okay Guys whats up.. Just finished up My Giant UCD and im setting up the throws and expo an so on and so on.. I have all hitec Digital Servos and Im usinng the servo proggrammer to program them and here is the troubles. Since the GUCD has flaps and ailerons Im trying to match the Flap with the Aileron (to have full span of the ailerons) But its turning out to be a near impossible task.. Now here where the fun begins when i set the center and the end points with the Proggramer its fine the line up proplery and they center fint i go plug them into my reciever and they dont match up any more either their is too much travel or not enough and the center point is off. Also one servo seems to be noticabbly faster then the other servo ? And im sure that both speeds are exactally the same. Both me and my Dad are really stumped.

Heres My Set Up

I run Two Recievers

Left RX Right RX
1 - Left Aileron 1- Left Flap
2- Elevator 2- Battery
3- Empty 3 Throttle
4- Rudder 4 EMPTY
5 EMPTY 5 Right Elevator
6- Kill Switch 6 - EMPTY
7- Right Aileron 7- Right Flap
8- Bettery 8 - Choke

Im Running Two Hitec Supreme 8ch Recievers and I have the Futaba 9Z for my TX.. Im also gonnna add that its not my first Giant scale plane that i set up i also have other planes (30-35%) but in those i run POwer Boxes this is the first time i have tried double reciever.. Any Help would be greatly appriechiated Thanks guys
Old 04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Huge Problems

I had this on one plane and it was because I did not have the receiver plugged into the programmer when I was programing the servo. Another thing might be the programmer versus the servo. Newer programmers have been updated to a newer version to work with the updated software in the servos. I have not yet seen it but read over in the Hitec forum that certain servos with the newer software do not program well with the older software in the programmer. Please do not take this as gospel, check with Hitec
Old 04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

I had this on one plane and it was because I did not have the receiver plugged into the programmer when I was programing the servo. Another thing might be the programmer versus the servo. Newer programmers have been updated to a newer version to work with the updated software in the servos. I have not yet seen it but read over in the Hitec forum that certain servos with the newer software do not program well with the older software in the programmer. Please do not take this as gospel, check with Hitec

I hadn't heard of having the receiver plugged into the programmer before when programming the servo, do you just use a y cable coming out of the programmer??
Old 04-10-2006, 11:02 AM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

In RCU go to maggazine along the top of your tool bar, down to How to's, there is an artical on how to set up duel elevators using the Hitec programmer.

Larry S.

I'm watching you
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 AM
ILIKE3D

I didnt have the Programmer plugged into the reciever [:@] and there Hitec 5645 pretty old servos the newer ones need the updated version of the programmer i allready checked into that.. LOL Im gonna try plugging the proggrammer into the Reviecer and see how that works out.. Hopefully it will work
Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
deputydog

The problem I have found is that you can NOT start at O and dial in 180 L and 180 R. The servos will be different every time. What you should do is set up a little jig to put your servo in. Attach an arm with a wire attached. The longer the wire, the more accurate but i use an arm and a 3" wire. So you should have your jig in the middle of a 12" sq piece of cardboard or ply. Now mark "0" and your L 90 and R 90 (or however far you want your throws). put each servo in your jig and set the 0 and left and right limits. Actual number reading on the programmer will vary. This is the most sure fire way to do it correctly. Good Luck!
Old 04-10-2006, 01:25 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Go to www.downonthedeck.com there is a tutorial on using the Hitek programmer.
Larry

I am watching you

PS look under instructional videos

I am still watching you
Old 04-10-2006, 10:42 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem you’re describing is of the TX in play, you cannot center the servo(s) at 1500us or micro seconds and drive them with a signal from the TX that is anything but 1500us and expect them to center. Futaba TX's generally center around 1520us, you can use the Programmer in the PULSE-WIDTH mode to note the actual transmitted control signal of each channel in play.

Before you start programming ZERO the sub-trim and trims off all the channels your working with in the TX, then connect up the RX(s) and observe the response of one servo at a time. From here use the programmer to match each servo/channel to the outputted control signal at center and end-point with the servo in the model for beats results. The method is commonly known as iteration and requires several back and forth attempts to realize the desired results. When it’s all said and done you have the most precise linear/scalar setup possible afforded any radio system which is unparalleled by any other manufacturer and or method in play to date...
Old 04-11-2006, 11:04 AM
ILIKE3D

Thanks guys im going to give all of your suggestions a go and see what i come up with.. Thanks for all the help