Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Who is going to the Rally of the Giants

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Who is going to the Rally of the Giants

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:55 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is going to the Rally of the Giants

KW--I believe there is a $5 parking fee that goes to the Boy Scots or someone. Just take Hwy 99 to Atwater and I believe the is a sign that says Castle air museum. They have every thing from b-17's to an SR 71 on display, very nice out door air museum or at least it used to be.
The show will be way in the back on the North East end of a run way if memory serves me. Do not go to the air museum, go on the base at the entrance South (I think) of the museum. Then just work your way to the North East end (again I think) In the past there has not been anything posted as to where it is, but if you drive around you will find it.

rcblimppro--Will you be having a booth? See ya there.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That 5 bucks goes to the air museum, I believe. At the stop light at the middle of the base, turn east. Follow the short winding road, holding to the left. You should see a few signs with some rather loose directions to the flying/camping site. In either case, don't cross any runways and look for the crowd. It will be hard to miss.

RTK, I'm really ticked that this is the second time in the last two years I'll be missing the Rally of Giants for the same reason. By God, I'm not gonna miss it next year if it's still there!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
RTK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the clarification Pat. To bad you can't make it, but I will make sure I have enough fun for the both of us