Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Back into R/C Planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 AM
torqmeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back into R/C Planes

I would be happy to help with the set up & first flight also.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
lithiumstatic

Me and my dad are going to look at it Saturday. If we get it some help would be appriciated. Where do ou fly?

Jeremy
Old 06-09-2006, 07:28 AM
torqmeister

I do most of my flying at the Tyler field ( Northside Park ), off of the north loop. There is a new club forming in the Tyler area called TUFFS, dedicated to fun flying, aerobatics, & 3D. So you have some options, we'd love to have you in the new club.

Call me at 903-724-4700
Paul Claeys
ORIGINAL: lithiumstatic

Me and my dad are going to look at it Saturday. If we get it some help would be appriciated. Where do ou fly?

Jeremy
Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
torqmeister

I noticed you said this is a nice peckage, but kinda high. As I've already stated in this thred, I am not ready for a 35% plane at this time. But if I was, if you would ,at that time, had an airplane like this, I would pay the price & drive to Florida to pick it up. I have an Extreme Flight 87' Yak with all top quality gear in it, & I have $ 2,800 in it. I would say this is quite a fair deal. I know for a fact, the guy has has $4,750 cash in the plane, with 12 flights on it & no crashes. How much cheaper would you expect him to sell it?
ORIGINAL: airborneSGT

Dude there you go! Awesome plane, engine, and gear! Good deal too! Very nicely packaged although kinda high, but worth it. Go over it with a fine toothed comb and bring a flying buddy.

Plus you can use the 8611A's in a larger plane someday! I would say go for it man. The DA 100 is really reliable and powerful. That plane will take you to IMAC and 3D land no problem.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

ORIGINAL: torqmeister

I noticed you said this is a nice peckage, but kinda high. As I've already stated in this thred, I am not ready for a 35% plane at this time. But if I was, if you would ,at that time, had an airplane like this, I would pay the price & drive to Florida to pick it up. I have an Extreme Flight 87' Yak with all top quality gear in it, & I have $ 2,800 in it. I would say this is quite a fair deal. I know for a fact, the guy has has $4,750 cash in the plane, with 12 flights on it & no crashes. How much cheaper would you expect him to sell it?
ORIGINAL: airborneSGT

Dude there you go! Awesome plane, engine, and gear! Good deal too! Very nicely packaged although kinda high, but worth it. Go over it with a fine toothed comb and bring a flying buddy.

Plus you can use the 8611A's in a larger plane someday! I would say go for it man. The DA 100 is really reliable and powerful. That plane will take you to IMAC and 3D land no problem.

I added up what he has listed and it comes to 3900.00. Not 4700.00. im sure he might have missed something. but not 900.00 worth.

Even if the plane has 12 flight's or a 100 on it. it's used, it's hard as hell to try to even get .50 cents on a dollar when your selling a used plane.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Anything you sell RC takes a loss when its not new. Drive a new car of the lot and there you go.

I can understand if you like 28% planes, and I can understand wanting the best gear inside. But why go all out on a 28% plane when you could put together a 33-35% for the same price? I see people go way overkill with dual redundant everything on a 28% plane.

Like I said its got a DA 100 and 8611A's so yeah I can believe he has that much into it. Just not sure I understand why putting a bunch of money into a 28% plane is something to think is cool. There are brand new plane combos for under $2800 for 33% planes.

Not trying to stir anything up, but honestly whenever you sell anything used you take a loss. Just how it goes.

Enjoy whatever size you get, my whole point is if you are after giant scale and something large then go for it. Most people tend to move up in size. Just get the most for your money!

I guess gas is cheap to drive to FL to pick up a plane and pay the full asking price!
Old 06-10-2006, 06:21 PM
lithiumstatic

Me and my father went to look at the plane in Henderson. First let me say that Clayton is a nice guy and was very informative. The plane was a beauty needs a few minor things done to it but over all was very nice bird. After being out of the hobby for many many years, me and my father have decided to start with something a little smaller. A 28% or 30%. I guess we need to slowly work our way back into the hobby of R/C airplanes.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:01 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Im glad you realized that.....there's alot to choose from in the 28%