Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Need Great Planes Pitts Special Fuel Tank

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Need Great Planes Pitts Special Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
b-mccor8
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Great Planes Pitts Special Fuel Tank

I am in need of a fuel tank for the Great Planes Pitts Special. It is the stock one that came in the arf kit. It is solid white and 24oz. If anyone has one they would like to sell please let me know. Thanks Brenden Mine split and leaks.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need Great Planes Pitts Special Fuel Tank

Tower has them. PN GPMQ4112. $3.89 in the on line catalog. Go to the Great planes site and look up "Parts listings and manuals on the right side bar. Look up your plane. There is was.

Don
Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why do you need that specific tank?

Are you putting it in the GP Pitts? Or does it just happen to have the right dimensions to fit in another plane?

I have a Kavan 20oz tank in my Pitts. Mounted on a tray on the CG.

I still have the stock tank if you want it. $5 shipped. I doubt you'll get it any cheaper from Tower by the time they charge you shipping on it.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:18 PM
AeroDave

Just get a Du Bro 24. I run those in just about everything, including my GP Christen eagle
Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
b-mccor8

Here is the deal guys. I crashed mine this weekend in a wierd fashion. I was at a flyin at another field went to take off on a paved runway got about a foot off the ground and the plane lost all lift and smaked the prop off the runway and shot the plane straight up into the air. (it was very windy and the runway has a large side drop off right there. I seen three other planes have the same effect in the same spot, go figure?)The field is very short and surrounded by trees. As the prop continued to come apart I tried my best to regain the plane when eventually it stalled and fell straight down through the trees from about 40 ft up.. Here is the good part when we finally got to the plane through the thick woods the plane was resting against a tree with very little damage. About 10 small holes 1 cracked wheel pant and the worst a smashed firewall. When the plane landed it landed right on the spinner with only enough force to break the firwall and the first former the one that holds the gas tank. I rebuilt the firewall and first former. I noticed my tank has a small crack in it. SO I went to tower and wanted a replacement. The number they give you will not bolt right into place it has that lip on the bottom and does not allow the tank to slide into the firewall. So if I use a different tank I have to rework some more wood and really do not want to drive myself crazy anymore.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
b-mccor8

Rcpilet,
Please post me a pic of the tank. I would be more than happy to give you 5 bucks for the tank. PM me your address with the pic. Thanks a ton Brenden