Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Looking for bipe for saito 300 twin

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Looking for bipe for saito 300 twin

Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
jorgeelizondom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for bipe for saito 300 twin

I have a Saito 300 twin in desperate need for a home.

I'd like something like big Christen Eagle of Pitts M12.

Except for the GP CEII I don't know of any other kits/ARF for this engine, can you guys please recommend me a plane.

Not interested in aerobatic, single-wing planes like extras or Yaks.

Thanks for your opinion.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:50 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for bipe for saito 300 twin

What about one of the World Models/Aeroworks Ultimates. Wildhare makes one also. Sig Sundancer bipe also. You have some choices out there. Aerotech has a Pitts M12 or 14 too. Can't remember the exact number.

edit. it'a an M12 from Aerotech. Here's a link. [link]http://www.aerotech-rcmodels.com/[/link]
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

[link=http://www.skysharkrc.com]Skyshark[/link] also has a nice Christen Eagle II ARF in 3 color schemes ... and they are great people. You can contact Mike and see if anybody has had any success with a 300 twin in his bird. I had one with an OS 1.60FX and now have another with an Evolution 45GX gasser.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

The new Great Planes Giant Aeromaster ARF might be one to look at! 72 inch wing span, the kits are great flyers
Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 AM
jorgeelizondom
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks mrbigg, bonedaddy and Hooked,

I' look into your recs.

Bonedaddy: I am seriously considering the Skyshark's CEII's; they certainly look nice... are they good quality kits?? Can you make any comments on a comparison with Great Planes CEII? To put it differently, what made you decide on the Skyshark CEII over the one from Great Planes?

Anybody else has more recs??
Old 07-09-2006, 07:20 PM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

There were a few reasons that I chose the Skyshark RC Christen Eagle II over the Great Planes. The primary reason ... at first ... was that Skyshark's had the true 8 color scheme. They are now discontinuing the white scheme with 8 color graphics ... but you can still get them for a while. They now have 2 new color schemes. Now that being said ... that WAS my primary reason for buying my first Skyshark CE. The main reasons I bought my 2nd from them instead of the Great Planes was ... Mike is a great guy with GREAT customer service ... and his ARF is one of the best designed biplanes I have seen. The Skyshark CE is also quite a bit lighter than the GP. And ... another big reason which was not obvious until I got the 1st one ... the Skyshark has a removable canopy to access the servos and such without having to remove the bottom wing. Other than Mike's customer service ... that removable canopy has become a BIG thing for me. I transport the CE in the bed of my Dodge truck fully assembled. Once I get a biplane set up ... I don't take it apart unless it is absolutely required. I have a couple of friends that have the GP CE II and they seem happy with them. However, if you call GP for ANYTHING ... you will talk to somebody in Customer Service. If you call Skyshark RC and say you need help with their CE ... you will talk to the person that designed it ... built the prototypes ... flight tested it ... marketed it ... and survives based on his customer's happiness (when possible ) ... Mike. As an example ... he spent an hour on the phone with me when I was building my 1st ... trying to help me find what I had done wrong. For comparison, I also have the BME Aircraft 27% Oracle Pitts Challenger (now just Challenger since Oracle slapped thier hands [:@] ). That is probably the best structural design I have seen in a biplane ... but it has the absolute WORST covering job I have ever seen ... the worst prep and paint on the fiberglass parts ... a few servo mounts in the wings that had very little glue holding them in ... and ... IF you can get BME Aircraft on the phone ... very limited customer support.

I have had and still have a few Great Planes ARFs. They are good ARFs. Skysharks are just better in my eyes

Mike, you can send me that commission check now