Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Aerotech vs Aero-Works Yak 54 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aerotech vs Aero-Works Yak 54 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Hangar Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotech vs Aero-Works Yak 54 50cc

I'm interested in one of these airplanes. I was wanting to know what the differences were in the two airplanes? Has anyone seen them side by side or owned both? Or would it be fair to say which color scheme you like the best is the plane that you would pick? Thanks in advance for you input!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aerotech vs Aero-Works Yak 54 50cc

Sent you a PM
Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

Either choice will be a good one. Both brands have pros and con's Read the forums on both and make an educated decision. We hope we can serve you.

Regards

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Young-RCPilot

The AeroTech Yak is great and it is perfect for a DA-50. I havn't seen the Aero-Works Yak fly but I know the AeroTech one is good, also I don't really like the colour scheme on the Aero-Works but thats just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:32 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Aerotech is right, both have issues. I don't know about Aerotech, but Aeroworks issues have been sorted out. If assembly time is no issue, it might be a wash, although the Aerotech may be heavier - from weight reports I have seen from that forum - could be wrong on that.
I can tell you that the finish quality of the new QB line from aeroworks is simply superb, and practically everything is done for you - premounted cowl, wheelpants, landing gear/tailwheel, canopy and hatch. Prehinged/Preglued ailerons and elevators with Robart-style hinges. The holes are predrilled in the control surfaces to accept the fasteners for the supplied control horns, which are of excellent quality - no need whatsoever to change out. Servo bays and wing and stab mounting tubes and screw holes have already had the covering removed and trimmed as required.
All that remains is to glue the rudder hinges, impliment a couple addendums (adds maybe an hour), install radio gear, tank, and engine, and seal the hinge lines, if so desired. The QB feature is a definite advantage over any other ARF, IMO, even with the simple addendums.
I have had an ARF from the same manufacturer that Aerotech uses and their quality isn't bad. The one thing about it that I absolutely hated was the fiberglass hatch with the inset canopy - looked crappy and looked like a pain to do - I ended up making my own hatch out of wood.