Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Gas Engines-Giant Planes 3rd Edition //anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Gas Engines-Giant Planes 3rd Edition //anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:58 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Engines-Giant Planes 3rd Edition //anyone?

Has anyone read this book? Is it any good?

http://www.donshobbyshop.com/

Gas Engines & Giant Planes

Our newly released third edition, Gas Engines and Giant Planes, contains answers to many of the commonly asked questions that Judy and I hear on the phone every day from modelers around the world who are making the transition to giant scale planes.

It makes no difference how proficient a pilot is if the aircraft is not setup correctly. Most large planes are not crashed due to pilot error - they are crashed due to faulty setup and often on the first flight. The equipment is often blamed but the reality is that a newcomer to giant scale does not know the questions to ask to learn how to safely setup a giant scale plane.

Talking to thousands of modelers every year for many years has allowed us the opportunity to observe the common setups that are conducive to crashes and setups that are successful.

We have been involved with giant planes since the early 1970's, and have learned from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others as to how to safely setup these planes and engines to avoid crashes, which are so often preventable and unnecessary.

Judy and I have put together numerous topics about gas engines and giant sized planes in an easy to read format and illustrated the topics with many photos and drawings.

The information in this book will help the reader make the transition into large size planes safer and easier.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Gas Engines-Giant Planes 3rd Edition //anyone?

I think I have/had the second edition and it helped me out on quite a few things. It's definately worth the read if you're new to gas engines and giant scale.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:33 PM
highK

it is an excellent read, and don is also helpful and has a good understanding of how to set-up a sport or competitive airplane. don used to donate copies of the book to our contest series and they were always one of more sought after prizes for pilots who were new to gas - good pictures and easy to read text. last, don has a simple approach to airplane set-up and he uses what he sells.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:54 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Thanks guys. Are there any other good reads available?