Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

servo advice Waco Barth

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:53 PM
redcesar

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default servo advice Waco Barth

Hallo all,

I am building the Waco from Barth Modellbau and i need to buy the servo,s now but after a look at the internet at the several website's my choice witch one to take is became more difficult because of the large amount of different types there are available.

Can someone help me to make my choice a litle bit easyer. Must i take servo's with metal gears, digital or not digital.
I am not looking for high-end servo,s but for servo's that are be suitable for there function ---ellevator/ ailleron and rudder.

Thanks in advance,

Cesar.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:53 AM
redcesar

Default RE: servo advice Waco Barth

Nobody any suggestions?

Cesar.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:30 AM
beepee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redcesar,

Some questions that will help:
How heavy do you figure your Waco will come out?
What engine will you be using?
What style of flight do you expect to put it through? Mild slow and scale to fast and radical, or somewhere in between.
How precise of control are you used to?
What servo arrangement are you going to use? For example, four on the ailerons, two separate halves on the elevator?

Bedford
Old 09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
redcesar

ORIGINAL: beepee

redcesar,

Some questions that will help:
How heavy do you figure your Waco will come out?

The Waco will weight aprox. 17 kG

What engine will you be using?

3W 140 cc

What style of flight do you expect to put it through? Mild slow and scale to fast and radical, or somewhere in between.

I will be flying it not so verry slow but also not radical, i think somewere in between.

How precise of control are you used to?
Sorry? Dont no what you mean here.

What servo arrangement are you going to use? For example, four on the ailerons, two separate halves on the elevator?

Each staering surface hase his one servo 4x aill 2x elev. 1x rudd.

Hope this answers will help...

Thanks in advance.

Cesar.

Bedford
Old 09-01-2006, 08:31 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Hi, I have the Barth Waco at 33% I am useing all Hitec digitals. I use one 250oz@6 volts on the bottom wings only. One servo per bottom wing. I have the elevators hooked up to two 330OZ @6 volts one per side. One of the same for the rudder/tail wheel. and one standard for the throttel . My power is RCS 215. I have 2 Durlite 2600mah lipos through a powerbox and one 3600mah nicad for ignition. Model weighs 47lbs and flies at 1/3 throttel. Don't scrimp on the servos pay for the best you can afford. Use metal geared servos if you can. My Ritec's have titanium gears cost is about $113.00 U.S. each or 80 euros.
If you see Mr. Knudsen tell him his Vriend from California said Hi.
Steve
ORIGINAL: redcesar

Hallo all,

I am building the Waco from Barth Modellbau and i need to buy the servo,s now but after a look at the internet at the several website's my choice witch one to take is became more difficult because of the large amount of different types there are available.

Can someone help me to make my choice a litle bit easyer. Must i take servo's with metal gears, digital or not digital.
I am not looking for high-end servo,s but for servo's that are be suitable for there function ---ellevator/ ailleron and rudder.

Thanks in advance,

Cesar.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:29 AM
beepee

redcesar,

I think SoCalSal's advice is good. You are in an aircraft size I am not so familiar with. My question about precise control was on whether you a used to flying pattern style with every little nuance feeding back to you, or if you are a Sunday sport flyer that keeps everything generally going in the same direction. Or, somewhere in between. Very tight control associated with precision pattern flying tends to demand digital servos with very strong centering. Good sport flying can be had with high powered analog servos. All your choice.

Have fun!

Bedford
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 AM
tkilwein

I have HS5955TG servos in my 9 to 12 wing setups. Buy the best you can afford, the servos are not to skimp on.
The 5955 are very tight and always come back to the same center point.
I have 4 HS5645's that are being replaced shortly, to 5955's. Cost to do it right the first time is always cheaper overall.
But the wallet decides sometimes. I know.

I had the 9ZHPS and got some digital servo hum, I replaced it with the 14MZ and my hum went away.
The digital servos are much more responsive to the radios not keeping the pulse width the same at any position.
I put my radios on a 12GHz digital scope and found the pulse width varies at any position with futaba 6xh,9zh tx's and the 127,149,309,319 rx's
but the 14mz varies a lot less with the 5014. The deadband of the digital servos determine how much hum you are going to get along with the tx
variation in pulse transmission from what I have seen with the scope, this is provided your linkages are setup correct and not binding.

My 2 cents and opinion,
Tony