Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Big servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Angus Balfour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big servos

Old 09-25-2006, 04:38 AM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Big servos

[link]http://www.servocity.com/html/s9152_large_digital.html[/link]
Old 09-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Angus Balfour

Beastly. Do JR do an equivalent servo? I'm not aware of one. Have heard they are developing/developed an 8711. Any info?

Cheers,

A
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Angus

I use the 5955 and have had no problems as yet, but I think that my flying is not as exteme as yours is, so can not speak for the long time use of these thinks with any aurthority, but they do have an a lot of power and seem to center very well, no change of trim after any extreme manouvre.

Mike
Old 09-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Angus Balfour

Cheers Mike. I was doing some quite extreme moves on Saturday there. Blasted 3 rudder servos

Am thinking of 5955, that big futaba or 2X 8511 Or else this new 8711 which I've never heard of. Getting info from MacGregor hoefully tomorrow on it.

Cheers for info,

A
Old 09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
BaldEagel

Angus

I assume we are talking the Yak with the 58 pro here, I have handed this over to Mike Galvin who you may know, he rearly does put this thing through a mess of unreal manouvres that are just not in the book, I think he is trying to break the thing, but it copes and seems not to be any the worse for it, my normal full power snaps and flat spins seem docile in comparison, but I have found that in a full flat spin if you take off the power and elevator after it enters the flat spin the rate of rotation increases but stays flat this I do not understand, it can only be that the prop is holding it back on power as it may be stalled, it certainly is cavitating you can hear it on power, the airflow must be going backwards through the prop, am I correct in thinking this?

Mike
Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

HiTec 5955TG.
No gear slop forever..............
Old 09-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Angus Balfour

Hi Mike,

Yes it's the 58 Pro plane. Had an arrival with it on Saturday there. Rudder locked full right after gears went on last flight. Been repairing it tonight. Got u/c coming soon.

As for the prop noise the only time I've really heard that noise is when you "reverse" quickly. Think its just the air going past the tips the opposite direction to normal, or something along those lines. Sort of a high pitched sound.

So you enjoying the Yak? Its a really nice plane eh What engine did you put in it in the end?

A
Old 09-26-2006, 05:03 AM
BaldEagel

Angus

On the noise issue from the prop, it happens nearly all the way down in the flat spin but seems to increase in amplitude when into wind, so I am thinking the prop is stalled, or this could just be when the plane is facing me, perhaps I ought to fly upwind more often[8D] the trouble being with our prevailing wind thats into sun. I have a Avicraft Panic which flat spins like nother else, the prop noise from this is most marked, I will have to experiment with different props?

I eventually put the MVVS 45 Mag in it, lots of trouble getting the CG forward enough, but I think it needs more power, my MVVS 58 pro should be arriving back from JE this week I am told, you may or may not know the trouble they have had with the incorrect magnet locations for the latest automatic choke ingnitions however, I am a bit dissatisfied with the exhast noise on the 45 with the Bison silencer, so I going to experiment with the MTW range of in fusalarge silencers in my 78" Edge which I wiped the UC off last weekend, this gives me the opertunaty to put in a recess in the fus for the cannister silencer, good winter project if I can be that paitent.

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Angus Balfour

so I going to experiment with the MTW range of in fusalarge silencers in my 78" Edge which I wiped the UC off last weekend, this gives me the opertunaty to put in a recess in the fus for the cannister silencer, good winter project if I can be that paitent.
Awesome. I may do the same with MVVS pipe

Mine balanced easily with 58 btw

A
Old 09-26-2006, 07:08 AM
BaldEagel

Angus

Are you using the MVVS pipe on the 58, if so which one? whats it like noise wise? how did you fit it? inside or outside the fus? You have me all excited now as I whant some first hand experience before I get the silencer for my 58.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Angus Balfour

I may try the MVVS pipe over winter Mike, prob not to be honest. Right now I'm using a BCM in cowl muffler. Not quiet, but acceptable noise really. Plenty power as well.

Start it off on a 22X10 / 23X10 and take it from there. I ended up on a 24X10 which it swung about 6800-6900 if i recall. Went better on the 22X10 though (7700 approx straight out the box, bit higher now).

Can't speak highly enough of his engine. Extremely well made, very powerful, reliable etc etc. Money well spent IMO.

A
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 AM
BaldEagel

Thanks for the info Angus, I have a noise issue with the BCM and am going to chage to a MTW TD75 this is the 55diax355 long one as I can get this inside the Edge above the UC, the Yak will be another problem, when I start the conversion I will post details for anyone interested.

Mike