Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CR-270 in the bones

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR-270 in the bones

Attached is a pic of the plane I am currently building. I am using the plans of the CR-270 designed by Chuck Rhodes. Looks very similar to the Skybolt. Wingspan is around 68", weigh is 13 lbs +/- and I am powering it with a 3W-35. Had one years ago and it died. Will post some addition pics when it is complete.

Anyone out there ever build the CR-270?

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	47364_10990.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	29362  
Old 05-14-2003, 02:48 AM
wonderboy

Yea, I've built one. Thinking about building another. This aircraft was my second aircraft I ever built. The first was the Aerostar 40 that I learned to fly on. I built it while in college (instead of studying). Due to the imprecise working conditions and relative lack of proper building techniques, there are some things I wished I had done better. I think the aircraft is a bit overweight, although it really gets up and goes with the ST-2500 in it. If I built it again, I know I could make it way better than the first one.

Here is a picture of it....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	78414_35591.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	29363  
Old 05-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

wonderboy,

How ironic. I built my first one in college. This is my second one and it is coming out great! I plan to finish covering in two weeks or so the paint. Should be flying in one months time. Can't wait. Will post som pics of it complete.

Ryan