Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

F3A model

Old 10-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Buka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3A model

hi Chip

i want to get started in F3A flying back here in moscow and was wondering if u could assist me a little ... i dont know what model i should get . is it worth getting one of those expensive composite models or is it a good idea to start with a cheaper balsa construction airframe with a little shorter wingspan.

i have looked at the venus 2 the showtime . the angel's shadow which is produced here in russia and some of the zn line models (those are harder to get hold of)

what would be your recomendation as a professional ? i would like to compete in the near future which what should i go ?

thank you
Old 10-24-2006, 08:45 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: F3A model

Its unfortunate that Chip has not responded to you yet. I believe it depends on your situation, the arfs ad igh end models efinitely have their place, even the genesis has the "kit" version which i have heard is oustanding and i have ha the opportnity to see many of them fly.

There are many ptions out there, if you do not like to build, the pinnacle stands out, if you dont mind a little work, the genesis arf is outstanding, if you dont mnd a little work, look towards the brio, genesis kit, twister etc. no need to build above the class that you fly either... i got 3rd at nats in intermediate with a scratch built local design ( www.insightrc.com ) winning 3 of the 4 rounds.. only thing that stopped me was my inconsistent flying on day one and a half .

Good luck in your decision, i definitely thin it depends on the amount of money you want to invest.

Dont forget the astralXX, otop etc.

Chuck Hochhalter
Old 10-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Buka

thanx for your reply

i am not even a competitior yet ... i have never competed or even flown f3a for that matter ... so i dont know where to start at all ... i will be looking through the models u have suggested .. but have also heard many postivi replies about the venus 2 so i will be considereing that model to start with as well ... i have everything to equip the venus too so that makes my choice a little bias
Old 10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer
My Feedback: (1)

The Venus is a great plane esp with you having everything to get it in the air. You may find that you dont enjoy pattern at all, and to invest a ton of money into it and find your interests are elsewhere would be disappointing.

Start with the Venus, master the sportsman pattern and then, if you enjoy it, go for it, invest in a capable 2 meter plane/motor/servos etc and watch your flying improve and your passion for pattern grow!!

Good luck, pm me if you need any help, i may be able to point you in the right direction.

Chuck
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the Venus, but if are really thinking about getting into F3A get the Angel Shadow if it is cheaper for you, it is a very good airplane. It will fly the P07 faster than the new models but it will fly easily that routine.

good luck
Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
PiccoLino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also on my way to get into the F3A universe. I have bought an IMPULSE from BN Models (www.bnmodels.com) because it is manufactured here and I could get it at an exceptional discounted price, otherwise I would have chosen an economic one as you are thiniking of.
Mesut Subakan, who has participated to a number of F3A championship including european ones, is my buddy, he told me:
"Spend at least 50 tanks in mastering straight and level flight then we shall go for the next lesson".
Well, it takes time.....