Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Availability? - Dummy 1/3 Scale (14-15" dia) 9-cylinder radial

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Availability? - Dummy 1/3 Scale (14-15" dia) 9-cylinder radial

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 06:15 PM
bhall01
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Availability? - Dummy 1/3 Scale (14-15" dia) 9-cylinder radial

Looking for a dummy engine for my 1/3rd scale Gee Bee Model "Z". 9-cylinder, something in the 14-15" diameter range.... prefer vacu-formed for the light weight, but willing to consider just about anything at this point!!

Anybody know if there's anything commercially available?

I've got a couple of home-made vacu-forming machines, and right now my alternative is to make a single "master cylinder" then vacu-form 9 copies. Then make a center hub... probably vacu-formed also..... finally, join it all together and add some details (lifter covers, plugs, etc...)..... not all that hard to do, but awfully time consuming. Trying to get the plane done for the Toledo Show in early April..... seems like a long way off, but it isn't!!

Anyway, any help/suggestions that anyone may be able to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Barry
Old 01-22-2003, 07:39 PM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GBZ Radial

Are they no longer available from Gary Neill?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:25 PM
bhall01

Default Gary Neill?

I saw an photo of Don Neill's Gee Bee "Z" on the CFC Graphics website. CFC mentioned that Don, in addition to plans, offered fiberglass parts and a dummy engine. No contact info for Don Neill. Searched the net and so far haven't found any contact info about the plans or anything else. I e-mailed CFC to ask about it and was informed that Don Neill had passed and that his son Gary was trying to continue the plans, but didn't think that he was offering accessories..... but still no contact info provided!

So, anybody out there have contact info for Gary Neill? Or know for sure if he does or does not have accessories for the Gee Bee "Z"?

Thanks for the info...... the quest continues.......

BJH
Old 01-23-2003, 03:47 PM
RGM
My Feedback: (5)

Default GBZ Radial

Barry -
Sent you an email
Old 01-24-2003, 12:27 PM
bhall01

Thanks RG. Got ahold of Gary Neill, but 'no joy'. He's not producing the dummy engines for the Don Neill 1/3 scale "Z". Says he still has his father's moulds for the parts, but has no plans to make any parts. But at least now I know.

Guess it's back to my original plan to make my own. Should be interesting.... probably kind of fun too.

BJH
Old 01-24-2003, 10:56 PM
CrashMeister

Try Frank Tiano. (Tiano enterprises).

Craig.
Old 04-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Gee Bee D

BJH,

How can a person get ahold of Gary. Been told that his dads drawings were the best to be had. Although after seeing Vern Clements drawings I can't imagine anything better... Didn't Don also do a Hall Bull Dog?
Wonder if Gary would be interested in letting someone use or purchase his dads moulds and supply the masses?

Al Latham