Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

My First 1/4 scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Upnet
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First 1/4 scale

Got a used SIG Sukhoi 1/4 scale airframe. I have access to a 31cc Ryobi. Will need a conversion kit. It's my first gasser. Intend on using 6v, Li Ion, with a Voltage regulator. Thinking of Hitec HS-635MG(133oz) for ailerons and elevator. HS-705MG for a pull/pull on rudder. Original rudder was push/pull single servo. Instruction book says minimum 70oz for ailerons. HS-635HB (Karbonite gears) is 83oz@6v. Less expensive. Are they a viable option? Also,how much battery is necesary? Is there some kind of calculation? May also rethink Ryobi conversion. Maybe go with Brilleli 40 or 46 GT. Since this is my first gas project would appreciate recomendations and opinions.
Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 PM
n8rloves2fly
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: My First 1/4 scale

what is the wing span, weight, what type of flying are you capable of doing? 1/4 scale I would guess its under 80 inchs which means it may be on the heavy side for 3D but Sukois are fun to fly.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:45 AM
SENZA

Default RE: My First 1/4 scale

Upnet, i would use a 7.4 li ion from [link=http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/LiIonBatteries.htm]TBM[/link] I suggest you start here they have articles that will help answer allot of your questions. and allot of quality products to offer.
save this link for this will be your Bible!