Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 88" - First Photos! Build and Discussion

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 88" - First Photos! Build and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
xxsnookxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" - First Photos! Build and Discussion

when is this baby available? are they available?how much?stop making new planes i cant afford this[:@]
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Doesn't it just SUCK hind ***? I mean everytime you turn around someone is coming out with yet another release you don't wanna do without...

When I was a kid they used to say: "You're old enough that your WANTS won't hurt ya." Then I realized that when I got older... I refered to them as NEEDS...

I'm getting a little fuzzy on the projected arrival dates Chris shared with me... I'm sure we'll get the website updated pretty soon with more details on the pricing and availability...

I do recall a smaller shipment coming maybe in a month or so... with a full stocking order to follow a month after... Chris stated the Extra would come hopefully by Toledo...

So PURE speculation on my part... next month there will be a few Yaks being built and shown (I don't even know if there's any NOT spoken for in this short shipment) and good stock on Yaks early March followed by good stock of Extras early April... AGAIN PURELY CONJECTURE on my part... but it seems reasonable.

When they are in stock... they'll be in stock... it's the ENGINE manufacturers that will have a hard time maintaining inventory... there are SEVERAL 50cc airframes hitting market/stock at the same time... and since most of the manufacturers aren't taking deposits... if you are going to get a new engine for this airframe... you might be better served to get it ordered and in-house prior to the plane. Otherwise, you'll be waiting another few weeks on engines AFTER the plane is delivered.

We all know already the "DA's are out of stock for 2-3 weeks" laments... and Scott at Brillelli is already working about 2 weeks out... I can only BET that will get longer as his order list grows...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 PM
AHPowelson
My Feedback: (37)

Any under the hood pics? [:-]

Old 01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Nothing yet... Chris has been trying to get as much together as he can.. he's hobbling along best he can...

It'll be a little while before the short shipment arrives and I get one in my hands for lots of detail shots... so Chris is the only one that can get these pics together... Give him a little more time and we'll see hopefully see some more details...

Not sure about the manual progress... I'm assuming it's underway... I noticed the Yak int hese pics isn't ocmpeltely finished so Chris must have stopped in process to the pics out to us...
Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
TailTouch
My Feedback: (54)

Ummmmmmm....little disappointed with the color scheme (Of course a personal preference...please don't flame )
EF should be a little more brave with the color schemes...to bland for my taste.

On a totally different note...don't you guys think that the big radial engine planes look better without the spinner.

Here is my EF Yak without the spinner...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93588.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	590233  
Old 01-03-2007, 10:54 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TailTouch

Ummmmmmm....little disappointed with the color scheme (Of course a personal preference...please don't flame )
EF should be a little more brave with the color schemes...to bland for my taste.

On a totally different note...don't you guys think that the big radial engine planes look better without the spinner.

Here is my EF Yak without the spinner...

I think they look good with a small white spinner, just like the full scale plane. 3 1/4 inch is about scale. the big 4 inch spinners look terrible in my opinion

john
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 AM
icrashbipes
My Feedback: (18)

The 50's are in at Brillelli. $495 w/ roy Shell ignition and muffler!

http://brillelli.com/brillelli_engines_009.htm

Why would anyone waste their money on a DA?

[link=http://brillelli.com/brillelli_engines_009.htm]http://brillelli.com/brillelli_engines_009.htm[/link]
Old 01-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

Dave, the more I see your work, the more I love it. You have talent for sure. I have all the programming to do what you do, but not the skill or the talent. Keep up the good work. You make my engine look so pretty! The plane looks great too
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I know this wont be an issue with the Yak because the cowl is huge, but Im wondering if there would be any problem with the side mounted carb on the Brilelli with planes with slightly smaller cowls like the new Extra..
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

This plane looks great! Similar size to the Lanier 87", but 1.5 pounds less and all quality. This lightweight big bird opens a lot of power plant possibilities.

ORIGINAL: TailTouch

Just my point of view, but I don't like most of the new color schemes that are available on other planes. To me, the E.F. schemes are spot on.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

I like no spinner if possible because it saves weight.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

I would like to see "corrected" wing loading stats on the 87" vs. this one. If this is a "True" 14whatever sq in. , that what was the "true" numbers on the 87"? just so we can make a comparison.

I flew my 17lber Reject Yak with a DA and it was good, the 87 at 15.6 w/DA was foamy power.

So whatever motor gives "foamy" power to this one is the ticket for me.

The Birelli is going to get a close look by a lot of people looking at this plane. For sure.

One reason is "IF" the cowl is bigger , that means you might need a bigger prop to get it outside the cowl diameter. Hmmm...Birelli....
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

I know this wont be an issue with the Yak because the cowl is huge, but Im wondering if there would be any problem with the side mounted carb on the Brilelli with planes with slightly smaller cowls like the new Extra..
I wonder if they have a lite muffler for the 60, like they do for the smaller sizes

John
Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 AM
jrjohn

I just spoke to Scott at Birelli, nice guy, answered all my questions. He says a lite muffler for the 60 is in the works. Should be available in about a month. Couple ounces liter. Engine, ignition, standoffs should be aprox 66 OZ not bad! Like dave says, about 6 oz more than the DA with stock exhaust, ignition and standoffs.

john
Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

I just spoke to Scott at Birelli, nice guy, answered all my questions. He says a lite muffler for the 60 is in the works. Should be available in about a month. Couple ounces liter. Engine, ignition, standoffs should be aprox 66 OZ not bad! Like dave says, about 6 oz more than the DA with stock exhaust, ignition and standoffs.

john
So, I take that to mean 6oz heavier not including muffler, so maybe a little heavier with a "lite muffler" ....I forget what the DA muffler weighs.

So, i quess the inevitable DA50 w/KS vs. Birelli w lite , power and weight discussion maybe ought to be a side bar forum for this plane.

A complete test , benched , side by side , same altitude, weather , break-in conditions, really is needed. Then the thrust , prop and weights can be analyzed by the power junkies. And all the other facets of the debate . Side bar forum and link , before this plane thread gets munged .

Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Hey Guys, hope to get some better pictures and in-flight shots this weekend if the weather cooperates.
To answer some of your questions, the cowl is just shy of 12 inches in diameter. Tailtouch, we will also offer the 74" Yak color scheme on this aircraft, as well as a solid white version, so you can get as creative with your color scheme as you desire. In talking with many customers I find most prefer a color scheme that is not so busy and is somewhat scale in appearance.
The 88" Yak features carbon wing and stab tubes, double truss G10FR4 control horns, ball links, titanium turnbuckles, carbon fiber tailwheel assembly, wing and stab bags and a canopy/hatch cover for protection from the sun. About the only hardware it will not include is the wheels. I just haven't found any wheels from the Chinese manufacturers that I like on this plane. I am using the Sullivan aluminum hubbed Skylites on the Yak in the picture. Since the hubs are exposed I wanted to use a set of wheels that looked good. These are 4" wheels.
Because the cowl is quite a bit bigger the 4" spinner is the correct size for this plane.
The DA-50 provides plenty of power for the Yak and is a great choice. The Brillelli 60 will also be an excellent choice, as well as the Evolution/MVVS 58. I am putting a Brillelli 60 on the red/white/silver/black version.
The 88" Yak is priced at $649.95 plus shipping. I pleaded with the factory to get 20 Yaks ready to include with the 45" Edge 540T container that is due to leave China on January 15th, and should arrive at our warehouse by mid/late February. A full container will follow about 30-45 days later.
Hope this answers your questions. Please email me at [email protected] with any further questions.
Happy New Year!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the B 60 would be the perferct engine for this bird.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Yak Man
My Feedback: (1)

Gentlemen, Start your engines or get on the phone & pick your color scheme.
I made the 1st round draft!

Thankyou Chris for staying with your dream, Best of Luck and Happy New Year. Here is to bigger and better.
Has anyone ever seen a EF Tattoo! Ha!

More technical question: DA 50 what will be the required stand-off length?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:27 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

2.5" standoff length for the DA.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Maudib, I told you 3" standoffs, my mistake.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

As you can see in the photo, there is a fake louver in the front of the cowl. This is to be glued in place by the customer and can be opened to accomodate your particular engine. The cowl is big enough to completely house most any engine in this size. If running a tuned pipe or cannister you dont have open the cowl at all, only an air exit at the rear of the pipe tunnel. This makes for a very clean engine installation.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Chris,

What of the old wait list for the 87 inch plane. Do we start from scratch or will you be calling the list down. What is the protocol on the lineup.

Congratulations and welcome back to the top of the 50CC arena.

Thanks,

Richard
Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

john
So, I take that to mean 6oz heavier not including muffler, so maybe a little heavier with a "lite muffler" ....I forget what the DA muffler weighs.

So, i quess the inevitable DA50 w/KS vs. Birelli w lite , power and weight discussion maybe ought to be a side bar forum for this plane.

A complete test , benched , side by side , same altitude, weather , break-in conditions, really is needed. Then the thrust , prop and weights can be analyzed by the power junkies. And all the other facets of the debate . Side bar forum and link , before this plane thread gets munged .

Boss, I figured 6 OZ liter with the new lite muffler. Oh well....
It's perfectly OK to discuss different engines on this forum if they are possible equipment for this aircraft. The weight, fit and power are all relevent to this aircraft.

John
Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Richard, if you are interested in getting one of the first 20 please call me ASAP at 770-887-1794.
I was not even considering doing a 50cc Yak again and did away with previous lists. Then I saw Mike's drawing for a 50cc Yak and it re-lit my passion for this plane. You will be astounded when you see how much bigger this plane is vs. any other 50cc plane on the market. I hope I can convey the size in my next series of photos.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: EXTREME FLIGHT

Because the cowl is quite a bit bigger the 4" spinner is the correct size for this plane.
The DA-50 provides plenty of power for the Yak and is a great choice. The Brillelli 60 will also be an excellent choice, as well as the Evolution/MVVS 58. I am putting a Brillelli 60 on the red/white/silver/black version.
The 88" Yak is priced at $649.95 plus shipping. I pleaded with the factory to get 20 Yaks ready to include with the 45" Edge 540T container that is due to leave China on January 15th, and should arrive at our warehouse by mid/late February. A full container will follow about 30-45 days later.
Hope this answers your questions. Please email me at [email protected] with any further questions.
Happy New Year!
Chris Hinson
Extreme Flight RC
Guys, the "STOCK" Brillelli 60 ***WILL*** make this airframe an animal. I have two of them now, one on a 30% Yak, and a 30% Extra, both turning 23 x 8's. VERY cost-effective, and Powerful solution with his "stock" mufflers, lite, or side. Get in line - this is gonna be a hot as hell package.

You can bet I will absolutely RETIRE the 30% Yak I have in favor of this one - PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Chris, How much difference in flight characteristics is the new Yak from your original ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.