Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

ORIGINAL: xtraflyr

[link]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24097965[/link] See if this link works..Hopefully you won't have to sign up for myspace..
This vid was from awhile ago,like 2 Novembers..
Frank, very cool vid. I didn't know you had this Yak that long. I liked the knife edge on take off. It's a great way to climb out isn't it?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 AM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: X21F3J

Guys I just ordered my Red and White 88" Yak-54! Like two minutes ago! It took me a long time to decide but I figured it was better this way so I can afford to put quality stuff in it. Also I have an BME when they were BME Pitts Challenger that I want to build first so I don't have to crash the Yak! Not really but I've had it for a little over three years in the box and so I thought they could share engins until they each have their own. Does anyone know anything about the Evolution 58GX2? The Yak is a 50cc - 60cc plane and if the 58GX2 has the power they claim to have and just a little over a pound heavier than the Da-50 then it should kick but. I don't really do the 3D but I want to train for IMAC. Also, I want to run a three blade prop and no spinner. What to you guys think?

I wonder when it will get here!
The 58 will be fine. This ARF is huge and pretty tail heavy so you will have no problems with wing loading or balancing the CG. Go with a light setup. We'll be here if need any help.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
jnj55024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Guys I just ordered my Red and White 88" Yak-54! Like two minutes ago! It took me a long time to decide but I figured it was better this way so I can afford to put quality stuff in it. Also I have an BME when they were BME Pitts Challenger that I want to build first so I don't have to crash the Yak! Not really but I've had it for a little over three years in the box and so I thought they could share engins until they each have their own. Does anyone know anything about the Evolution 58GX2? The Yak is a 50cc - 60cc plane and if the 58GX2 has the power they claim to have and just a little over a pound heavier than the Da-50 then it should kick but. I don't really do the 3D but I want to train for IMAC. Also, I want to run a three blade prop and no spinner. What to you guys think?

The 58 will be fine. This ARF is huge and pretty tail heavy so you will have no problems with wing loading or balancing the CG. Go with a light setup. We'll be here if need any help.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
I just heard that DL is releasing a new 55 CC engine. I'm not sure of the details, power, weight ect... but if it is anything like the DL-50 with more power it would be hard to beat for it's price.

I have a DL-50 and love it. If it gives up I'll try the DL-55 but so far so good.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:46 AM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: jnj55024

I just heard that DL is releasing a new 55 CC engine. I'm not sure of the details, power, weight ect... but if it is anything like the DL-50 with more power it would be hard to beat for it's price.

I have a DL-50 and love it. If it gives up I'll try the DL-55 but so far so good.
I actually have a DL-50 on this ARF with the stock muffler and it has more than enough power. The 55 should be even better. I assumed he already had the Evolution 58 but maybe that's not the case. If he can tolerate the noise the stock muffler would be fine. If he needs a quiet IMAC setup I'd go with a 50cc and a pipe (or the 55). The 58 and a pipe is too much weight IMO.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 PM
X21F3J

I don't have any engine yet but I've been doing a lot of reading in here and it would make sence to go with the DL-50 or DL-55. I've also been looking into the Area 51 that EF sells. Also, it's about half the price of a 58GX2. I definatly don't want it to be heavy and I love noise. I'm from Texas I thought everyone here loved loud engines! What about the three blade prop. I only as because I like the way they look. It should be pretty good for IMAC don't you think?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM
JoeAirPort

If it were me I'd go with Area 51 or DL. I have one of each and really like them. The extra pound of the 58 is an issue with me especially because I know how well the DL and Area 51 pull my 17#, 10oz and 17#, 12oz airplanes around on the stock muffler. Plenty of power for my extreme flying.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

[link]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24097965[/link] See if this link works..Hopefully you won't have to sign up for myspace..
Frank, very cool vid. I didn't know you had this Yak that long. I liked the knife edge on take off. It's a great way to climb out isn't it?
Joe,thanks for the compliment!! It has such a strong rudder,it just makes it comfortable doing it. I try to get it as soon as the wheels leave the ground now.
I'm not any kind of 3D guru or anything,just like doing my thang..
Old 03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

I don't have any engine yet but I've been doing a lot of reading in here and it would make sence to go with the DL-50 or DL-55. I've also been looking into the Area 51 that EF sells. Also, it's about half the price of a 58GX2. I definatly don't want it to be heavy and I love noise. I'm from Texas I thought everyone here loved loud engines! What about the three blade prop. I only as because I like the way they look. It should be pretty good for IMAC don't you think?

i had a zdz60 in mine, its similar weight to the 58 i think, i loved the combo, excellent power, might have made the plane 3/4lb heavier or so than other set ups, but worked for me wonderfully
Old 03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
JoeAirPort

Joe,thanks for the compliment!! It has such a strong rudder,it just makes it comfortable doing it. I try to get it as soon as the wheels leave the ground now.
I'm not any kind of 3D guru or anything,just like doing my thang..
It's funny because I like doing the same thing. As soon as I'm a over a wing half clear of the ground I go knife edge. 4 point rolls on climb out are fun too. I did that last time out. Looked like you were having fun. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
xtraflyr

[/quote]

It's funny because I like doing the same thing. As soon as I'm a over a wing half clear of the ground I go knife edge. 4 point rolls on climb out are fun too. I did that last time out. Looked like you were having fun. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

[/quote]

Yup,it's all about having fun,doesn't matter how your doing it,as long as it's fun!!

Or you can start out and go right into a KE Circle,or rolling circle if you can.. "Perceived risk" Is what Dave Patrick called it the flying videos he did years ago. Looks risky to the people who don't know, but really isn't to us that do it.. Those were some great How To vids.

If you ever saw number 3 of the set,he actually did a Blender but called it something else. He did it with his Ultimate,but goes straight down with the power on,cuts the power to idle then quickly snaps it into an inverted Flat Spin!! He just doesn't start it rolling first,on the down line,just full power!![X(] It was a crazy maneuver back then.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
JoeAirPort

Wow I'd like to see those videos. He was a great guy, spoke to him a few times on the phone while setting up my DPM 27% Edge.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Was?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:28 PM
JoeAirPort

Is he still in business? Maybe that's the "was"...but I didn't even think about it as I typed it.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

I think the business is shut down but I was just trying to find out if we had lost another brother that I hadn't heard about.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
JoeAirPort

Oh ok. No I'm glad that I haven't heard anything like that. Just not in business. He had some awesome designs. Respect to that brother 4 sure.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
xtraflyr

I also heard he was in with Cermark and they were going to carry his stuff. His planes were and are great. It was the person on the other end of the line working Customer Service that was killing his business.. I had a fuse on my Extra, break in half while I was flying it. I saw him at the local trade show(WRAM),and told him and showed him the plane. He replaced everything I needed for free..Planes flew great and the Hardware Pkg.was right on!!
Oh well back to our scheduled program,from the WOW channel!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
arb6591

Hi guys,

I think I just joined the "WOW" club

I maiden my EF Yak last Sunday and despite the wind I can tell it is a "WOW" plane.

I was reading some conversations in this thread and I would like for a little help.

I have Real Flight G4.5 simulator and of course I have downloaded EF yak 54.
I have heard guys talking about how it flies in simulator.

Do you mind to share the physics model with me?
Mine flies totally different than the one in simulator and I am having a hard time to
make it fly even close ...

Thank you if you decide to response..

Andrzej
Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
JoeAirPort

I'd like the model for Aerofly Pro Deluxe if anyone has it. Although the sim is usally not like the real thing. I have yet to see that. It's close enough for practice but the sim is usually quite different.

Welcome to the WOW Club
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

I'd like the model for Aerofly Pro Deluxe if anyone has it. Although the sim is usally not like the real thing. I have yet to see that. It's close enough for practice but the sim is usually quite different.

Welcome to the WOW Club

Joe,

The WOW club is the 88" owners.

The WOW club is the 110" owners.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:14 PM
jnj55024

Does anyone have another suggestion for a good header to use with the KS1060 pipe on a DA/DL-50?

My LHS went to order an MTW 75 with a 25MM drop from DA for me and they were told 3 weeks on back order.

I can't wait to fly this thing. Seems somebody should have one similar to the MTW don't you think?

Suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc

Welcome to the WOW Club

Joe,

Man I need to get with the WOW program. [8D]

Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
jnj55024

Welcome to the WOW Club

Joe,

I have the potential to be in the WOW club with the exception of a few key components to finish it up.[&o]
Old 03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Welcome to the WOW Club

Joe,

Im a member of BOTH WOW clubs!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: jnj55024

Does anyone have another suggestion for a good header to use with the KS1060 pipe on a DA/DL-50?

My LHS went to order an MTW 75 with a 25MM drop from DA for me and they were told 3 weeks on back order.

I can't wait to fly this thing. Seems somebody should have one similar to the MTW don't you think?

Suggestions appreciated.

Call DA. They have several kinds. Flex, NonFlex, KS, MTW Surely they will have one that will work for you
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM
JoeAirPort

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Welcome to the WOW Club

Joe,

Im a member of BOTH WOW clubs!
Yeah but we know which club you like more....and don't blame ya one bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.