Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 303 of 440 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 10976

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Well, I finally got around to messing w/ the throttle servo. I did exactly as cjcyclesrc described, and it works as expected! Very easy to do! Thanks for writing that up Charles!

The hardest part was shortening the pushrod, because I had to take it out of the plane every time I wanted to adjust it (my hands are too big & clumsy to reach down in there to do it).

I have not had a chance to test run the engine, so I can't say for sure how big of a difference this will make, but judging by the movement of the carb arm...it is going to be awesome!

As promised, here are some pics of the final (for now) product. I know the wiring/tubing isn't perfectly "tidy" yet, but still feel free to criticize my set-up!

First pic is idle...2nd pic is WOT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx70221.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	1149518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97121.jpg 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	1149519  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And here's a pic of the Kodiak switch...can you say "BLING"???

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92831.jpg 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	1149522  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ArcherIIDriver

That's exactly what I was talking about. Your arm length and angles look good. Let us know what you think after you run it. While you can get to it easy I would fill the arm with silicone, RC 56, or CA to secure the screw. If you need to pull the arm off later you can just peel out the glue. I had a Dubro arm come off one time. I was hovering my 87" EF Yak about 5 ft off the ground and it just pulled out at full throttle and I had no throttle control. I let it climb to a safe altitude, killed the motor, and made a good dead stick landing. Now I am a believer in having a way to kill the throttle besides the throttle.
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the tip on the du-bro arm! I made my top hatch removable, so even though it's all buttoned up right now...it is easy to get back in there. Once I'm sure that I have it set up how I like it, I'll drop a little RC 56 on there for added insurance. So you think it was the arm itself that caused your issue? Interesting...never heard of that before.

BTW - I'm a believer in the kill switch, too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looken good Arch. The switch is cool.

Weather is warming up and the field is bare again. I just stopped out there. This weekend will be warm enough to fly so I'll def do that !!!!!
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: edge540je

If anyones interested I have a NIB 88" 2 weeks old with retro scheme. Have to sell Hinging is done only.
    I just picked this up tonight. I tried and tried to not buy it but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks Josh !!
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Joe. Do some flying for me, too!

Weather has been pretty nice down here, but the wind has just been crazy. They are saying 15-25mph this weekend. And the wind is usually worse than forecast out at my field...so no flying for me (except maybe a profile...they can be fun in the wind)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

If anyones interested I have a NIB 88" 2 weeks old with retro scheme. Have to sell Hinging is done only.
    I just picked this up tonight. I tried and tried to not buy it but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Thanks Josh !!
    Another one? SWEET! Nothing like twins!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ArcherIIDriver

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Another one? SWEET! Nothing like twins!
    Good to have a backup. I love Yaks. [sm=bananahead.gif]
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the tip on the du-bro arm! I made my top hatch removable, so even though it's all buttoned up right now...it is easy to get back in there. Once I'm sure that I have it set up how I like it, I'll drop a little RC 56 on there for added insurance. So you think it was the arm itself that caused your issue? Interesting...never heard of that before.

I don't know if the arm caused it or not. The screw backed out and I know I had it tight. I have only had that happen with the dubro arms. I put the same arm back on and put some CA in the screw hole and it never happened again. I took the arm off later and it wasn't hard to flake the glue out. It's a bad feeling to loose all throttle control while you are 3D'ing. Not meaning to make you apprehensive about the arm. I just saw it and its something easy to do that could save your plane from having that happen.

Joe,

Congrats. Are you going to put it together also or just keep stored away as a back up? I don't know if I would buy the Original or the Russian Thunder scheme now. I'm interested to see what the bottom looks like on the Russian Thunder scheme.

Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc

I don't know if the arm caused it or not. The screw backed out and I know I had it tight. I have only had that happen with the dubro arms. I put the same arm back on and put some CA in the screw hole and it never happened again. I took the arm off later and it wasn't hard to flake the glue out. It's a bad feeling to loose all throttle control while you are 3D'ing. Not meaning to make you apprehensive about the arm. I just saw it and its something easy to do that could save your plane from having that happen.

Joe,

Congrats. Are you going to put it together also or just keep stored away as a back up? I don't know if I would buy the Original or the Russian Thunder scheme now. I'm interested to see what the bottom looks like on the Russian Thunder scheme.
    I use a tiny bit of blue loctite on my aluminum hitec throttle arms. I also use the lock washer. Never an issue coming loose....yet.

I'm just going to store the Yak for a backup. I'm sick of working on planes for the winter. It's time to fly.

Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well It was almost time to fly here in Jersey. We just got 12"dumped on us the other day.[&o]Oh well looks like maybe another weekend..GRRRR!!
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe,

Yes I use locktite on metal gear servos but you cant do that on nylon gears.

It looks like Texas is the place to be this time of year to get some flying done. We just have a little wind.
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they'll all come down here if you let out our little secret.
    Tomakazi

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc
    Not meaning to make you apprehensive about the arm. I just saw it and its something easy to do that could save your plane from having that happen.

Not at all...I appreciate the comments. I little bit of prevention goes a long way!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah it's good to post pic's here because someone might catch a problem. That's a really good thing IMO.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys! Sorry to interupt but I thought I really wanted the 88" until I saw the bigger than life crap your pants 110"! I want it but the the cost of a 100cc vs a 50cc is crazy! What should I do? Will the 88" be enough or is it not good to settle?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

88 is awesome. Get one. I love mine.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know I'm such a freak. For the price of the 110 I could have the 88 and a da-50.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get the DL-55. $410 shipped with muffler. Tons of power, light. The Area 51 is good too.

I'd like a 110 too but too big to carry around and store.....and too much money right now. I'm capping out at 50cc. If you decide to get the 110, you'll have fun with it no doubt. The 88 flies incredible though. I just put 6 flights on mine for the maiden day. It's a big 50cc plane.

I took my 88" EF Extra out today. I like the Yak better. It's a 3D monster.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: X21F3J

I know I'm such a freak. For the price of the 110 I could have the 88 and a da-50.

You live pretty close too me. Your welcome to come check out my 110". I fly here in Temple and travel up to Tyler and Mt. Pleasant about once a month. That's a hard question to answer. They both are awesome planes. The best way I can describe it is you will say WOW!!! when you fly the 88" and WOW!!! when you fly the 110". LOL I guess my advice is to buy the one that you can feel comfortable with the money. If you are concerned about the money of the 110" you might not be as comfortable flying it.
    Charles
    Fly Extreme!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have 200 flights on my 88" and love it. It is definitely WOW! I have 12 flights on my 110" and it is the BIG WOW!!!!!!!!! I told one of my flying buddies to sell everything he had and buy the 110". I plan to sell my 88", and I love the 88." Really, there is no wrong answer to either one. It does boil down to money, and I finally got enough together for the big one.

Doug
    N67TP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What did RCU do? I clicked on the email link for the forum,and I had to look for the thread..ARRG!!!
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

last night the forum looked different, had 3 days missing, I posted 3 times, they're gone
    I was sober.........honest!
    do-do-do-do.................do-do-do-do.............
    must be the software (from an old hardward guy
    Gator
    Phucifino 3D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i had to sell my 88 and my 58extra to get the 110, i have to say it was worth it, the 110 is unbelievable, like someone said before its like flying the 88 filled with helium.....and it is just as big if not bigger than all the planes at my field, my friend has the 122" AW extra260, his span is a tad bigger, but mine is taller and more bulky looking with the big cowl and canopy...to me its more stable in all flight,(than 88) including hovers and trolls, etc.etc.....having said all that though, i do miss my 88 and wish i still had it, ideally wanted to keep the 88 and get a different scheme with the 110, but the wife was saying no way[&o], the 88 is impressive and dwarfed my other buddies aw50ccyak, made his look like a little toy plane or something, you'd be happy with either for sure, if money is tight or its 1st gas plane id say 88, if youve flown big gas planes before and can afford it, go 110....im hoping to make a vid on of these days with my other friend who has the 88 and me with my 110, that would be a sweet vid the 2 of us f&*king around, here is my 110, i know some of you saw it and im pushing it, haha, but it was the 1st time i got it down that low so im proud of it, somewhere mid-vid was the lowest hover, sometimes i watch it and ask is that me? did i really do that with my new $$$ plane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ya7xJx73JE