Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 434 of 440 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 10,826 to 10,850 of 10976

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 88

I also like the way my stock gear flexed,it saved me a few times from replacing the whole LG block. Plus I love the way the gear just bounces around as its just kissing the ground !
    Frank
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my stock tail wheel didnt last very long, just replaced the wheel itself with a rubber one, kept the same set up, worked great.....
    i do like biplanes for looks, but i know this one is hard to beat for flying, too bad ef doesnt have a bipe yet, take this yak fuse and graft a second wing on it, man that would be killer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This may be a dumb question, but are there any bad tendancies when landing the EF Yak, like tip stall? I had about 25 flights before having my Yak destroyed in a collision with a tree. Am now building a new one, and had no trouble with first, except nervousness about landing. I am not new to this hobby, but I have found, if I am going to get bit, it is usually on landing and usually during the first 10 to 20 flights. Don't ask me to describe the tree incident, it is to painfull to relive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

This may be a dumb question, but are there any bad tendancies when landing the EF Yak, like tip stall? I had about 25 flights before having my Yak destroyed in a collision with a tree. Am now building a new one, and had no trouble with first, except nervousness about landing. I am not new to this hobby, but I have found, if I am going to get bit, it is usually on landing and usually during the first 10 to 20 flights. Don't ask me to describe the tree incident, it is to painfull to relive.
    Hello,

I am sure that DiamondDave will answer you as well on this but my impression of the 88 Yak is that it does not have a tendency to drop a wing on landing and I have had plenty of other planes that did. I would have to say that one of my favorite things about the 88" I have flown is the very smooth pull from flying on the wing through a high alpha harrier. There might be a slight wing rock at certain harrier angles but no tendency for my plane to drop a wing and that is in a stalled condition. While it is always a good idea to have a little extra speed on the approach I often float in with this plane just above a stall because I do trust this plane to behave and it does. I have my plane setup with the CG near neutral such that if the plane is flown inverted, it will tend to fly level with just a slight push. A CG far forward can cause the nose to drop hard at stall and will increase the landing speed. I would suggest that you do a lot of slow speed flying with stalls at altitude to check out how your plane responds so that you will know if there are any problems with your particular model and if you find any post here, there are a lot of knowlegeable people around to help. Good luck!

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Happy New Year to all!

Can anyone tell me on the stock red white and black Yak 54 88" which shade/colour of red has been used, I caught one of my wing tips and need to cover it up!

I think Profilm/Oracover has been used but several types of red I have two types and it's neither of them!

Still the best ARTF I have brought/flown to date though still building a CARF 1:5.5 Hawk jet

Alan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fireblade5437

Happy New Year to all!

Can anyone tell me on the stock red white and black Yak 54 88'' which shade/colour of red has been used, I caught one of my wing tips and need to cover it up!

I think Profilm/Oracover has been used but several types of red I have two types and it's neither of them!

Still the best ARTF I have brought/flown to date though still building a CARF 1:5.5 Hawk jet

Alan
    Alan,

I did some covering work on my 74" Red and White Yak and used the Ultracote True Red which seemed like the correct color. You could email Curtis at Extreme Flight to be sure though. (info@extremeflightrc.com ) I hope that you get your Yak back in the air soon.

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is my favorite landing plane of any I have had. It has no bad tendencies when landing....and never ever tip stalls. Now if you get it going slow enough on approach, any plane out there will eventually stall. This plane does it at a very low air speed, and very gracefully. Landing in wind gusts is usually very risky with any plane since it can drop in a split second. I have found this plane to be very good even in those conditions. It's an awesome landing plane.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks James I will email Curtis.

It is only a small area but do not want to leave it as it will probably rip off further.

Alan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

This is my favorite landing plane of any I have had. It has no bad tendencies when landing....and never ever tip stalls. Now if you get it going slow enough on approach, any plane out there will eventually stall. This plane does it at a very low air speed, and very gracefully. Landing in wind gusts is usually very risky with any plane since it can drop in a split second. I have found this plane to be very good even in those conditions. It's an awesome landing plane.
    Joe,

Well put, I concur! Thanks for all of the advice leading up to me deciding to get the 88" Yak, you were a big help to me.

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the way mine lands. Not very scary at all. In fact I tend to land after every flight I like it so well.
    Thanks
    Barry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup lands superslow !! Any plane will eventually drop a wing,but this one will only do it just before it drops out of the sky.. Like Joe says if the wind is gusty keep a bit more power on,not much just a click or two of throttle trim.

Frank
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

id say other than my 110yak this 88 was the easiest to land too, the 88edge was very easy too, floated for sure, but that one took a little longer to slow down, sleaker frame, not a big deal just got to get used to it, these yaks, especially the 110, i can cut my downleg final short, bank it in even from a good altitube, cut the power and she slows up right on the runway, its pretty cool

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Edge is def. sleeker so faster airframe. It will slow to a crawl you just need to fly it to the ground more then the Yak.. I'd love to see a 100cc Edge !
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: xtraflyr

The Edge is def. sleeker so faster airframe. It will slow to a crawl you just need to fly it to the ground more then the Yak.. I'd love to see a 100cc Edge !
    Thanks for telling me about the Edge. I would not be at all surprised if EF is not already thinking about a 100CC Edge. They apparently really put a lot of time and effort into the 125" Extra, what a beautiful plane that is! Maybe someday that is the direction I will go.

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lokiyawl

Thanks for telling me about the Edge. I would not be at all surprised if EF is not already thinking about a 100CC Edge. They apparently really put a lot of time and effort into the 125'' Extra, what a beautiful plane that is! Maybe someday that is the direction I will go.

James
    What kind of battery set up would you need for the 125"?! I think a DA 170 with pipes would end up cheaper in the end,hahahaa!! I'm friends with them on Facebook and look to see if their showing anything in a 100cc Edge almost every day!
    Frank..
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frank,

Have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzholvMsJuY

I am pretty sure that if I build the 125" Extra that it would be gas. I like the sound of the twins, esp the 150CC on pipes.

I just bought some additional batteries for my 50CC Yak. These are 30C 5800 6S packs which give me 8-9 minutes with a good reserve. They now cost $66 each and it takes two of them to fly. This will give me 8 flying sets. Assuming 200 flights conservative out of a set of batteries that works out to 66 cents per flight + 1 -2 cents to charge the packs. Just two and a half years ago I bought a single battery for the EF 58" Extra and it cost me $265! Things in this hobby are really changing fast. The gas engines are also getting lighter and more powerful so it's win win no matter which way you go.

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Actually I just found out the DLE has a 170 for $1049.00 from Valley View RC.. I'd still have to sell all my stuff to get one of those flying,but it would be sweet !!
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe that was the 100cc Extra that EF is working on? He was flying it with a DA120 in the video. Great video though!
    www.njjf.org
    www.njjf.freeforums.org
    www.myspace.com/xtraflyr
    www.extremeflightrc.com
    www.gsrcrc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe that was the 100cc Extra that EF is working on? He was flying it with a DA120 in the video. Great video though!

Frank,

Yes, that was an amazing video, both the plane and pilot. It was interesting to me that the colour scheme on the plane in the videw appears to be the same or very similar to the 48" Edge.

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

James, Joe AP and others,

Thanks for the detailed advise on landing. Now if I can keep the new one out of the trees I shouldn't have any worries.

S & S

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i asked a little while ago and they do have that 100cc extra coming out, no current plans for a 100cc edge curtis said, but i would think eventually they would, they are obvisously here to stay for the long haul...and will give the poeple what they want...eventually...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

James, Joe AP and others,

Thanks for the detailed advise on landing. Now if I can keep the new one out of the trees I shouldn't have any worries.

S & S
    S&S,

My best advice with regards to trees is to always go over them when possible! It can be difficult sometimes to determine how far away the plane is relative to the tree and then with a larger plane your brain tends to think that the plane is closer than it actually is..it's a scale thing, so just be extra careful when you move up to a larger plane! I have hit two trees in the last 10 years, total destruction on the first hit and almost no damage on the second thankfully. On the first crash my observer was watching and thought I was well in front of the tree I ended up hitting so was not alarmed and didn't say anything, it can be hard to tell. Best to just fly over them!

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

James,

My sentiment exactly. Afterward I realized the scale issue, but at the time it was a real shocker. All of a sudden, there it is in the tree, 40 feet up! Fortunately, about an hour later, it dropped to a lower branch and was retrieved. But right after impact, I was completely astounded by what happened. It wasn't until the next day that I realized the plane's size had mislead me into thinking it was in front of the tree. I have to laugh now at the (human) error. Live and learn!

Thanks again, Greg (S & S)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lokiyawl

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Joe,

Well put, I concur! Thanks for all of the advice leading up to me deciding to get the 88'' Yak, you were a big help to me.

James
    James. You're welcome. I just want everybody else to know how fun this plane is so they can have fun too.
    Joe AP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My new EF Yak54 88" , #1152 on the wing root rib. Rcgf 62 series 2 on ES Composites ES55G pipe. A123 2300 mah x 2ea batts on RX / servos via a DPSI BIC (gives mah used dual batt support and high/low volts and amps , time run etc) , servos all new in box Hitec 5945's except rudder with Hitec 7955. A123 1100 mah on ignition with dropping diodes.
    Maiden flight any day now if the wind gives me a break.
    Have balance set at centre of wing tube for initial maiden flghts , will probably ditch the DPSI BIC when i get some data on mah usage to lighten up a tad. Came out 18lb 4oz with 1/2 tank of fuel (20 oz tank) , so i think i'm in the ball park weight wise. Checked all incidences with Aeroperfect digital meter and all is 0 , 0, 0. with 2 deg right thrust.
    What do the experienced EF users think? I've not had one of these before , but have had 4 other 50cc Yak 54's from other manufacturers , so will be interesting to compare.
    Thanks , Leon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44394.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	1541583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy80552.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	1541584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw58357.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	1541585   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xr45368.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	1541586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pa33358.jpg 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	1541587  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Du20814.jpg 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	1541588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tv39370.jpg 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	1541589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yx80853.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	1541590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db55501.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	1541591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yk57303.jpg 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1541592  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ci43436.jpg 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	1541593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eo63543.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	1541594