Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 9 of 440 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Nice mod on the rudder servo tray. I think I'll put one on both sides of the servo.

I got a real good up-close-and-personal look at Chris' red plane today. It's BIG! and it's really improved from the original 87" version. I can't believe how the cowl completely swallows the Brillelli. NOTHING sticks out the cowl and the ES Composite pipe is a thing of beauty.

I was fortunate enough to take my RC friendly wife with me today to pick up my red scheme plane. Got to meet Mrs. Chris and the two beagles. What a great crowd.

Got to inspect everything and it is perfect. EXCELLENT packing. HUGE, and I mean HUGE cowl. Chris closed the boxes back up for me, sold me some fuel tubing, and we drove on home. As a note, shoot Chris an email if you need gear like servos, and spinners. I'm sure he'll do you right.

Doug
    N67TP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brillelli 366GT, Xoar 23 x 8 & 24 x 8 were at the door this evening, plane scheduled for delivery Monday the 26th.
    Awsome build thread Maudib. Should make for a quick build for the rest of us Yaksters. Looking forward to Chris' Maiden!
    Thanks to all including Chris & Scott.
    \"I started with Nothing and I have most of it left.\"
    Doug - \"Prop-Wash makes Me HOWL!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cant wait for chris's reports....and vids i hope!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WHat's that about great minds?

Again... just fartin' around... personalizing the plane...

I doubt this added more than 1/2 oz glue and all...

ORIGINAL: djccrn

Nice mod on the rudder servo tray. I think I'll put one on both sides of the servo.

Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63511.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	628298  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Quick question - I thought offset rudder servo arms were used only in situations where the wires will be crossed. Am I wrong?

ORIGINAL: Maudib

One little mod...

I noticed when I squeezed the pull-pull wires together even a little, the rudder tray would flex some... so I made a "tie-in" plate that tied the upper tray to the lower former...

Put a hole in it for lightening and to run the rudder lead through and used a piece of 1/4" squar stock in the upper corner for extra gluing surface...

Again... just a personal preference... the plate wieghs almost nothing and they tray flexes a good bit less...

Also on the the wires... here's a pic of how SWEET they line up where they need to go... NICE design and CADwork Chris and Mike!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: EXTREME FLIGHT

All polished up and ready for tomorrow's maiden.

Talk about screwing up......
    This was the weekend we were all going to come down there. SH*T!
    [:@]
    Wayne

Team JR, Extreme Flight RC, Aero3dgfx, SWB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya know... that's why I asked Chris to confirm... the pics looked straight... and I had read that the offset arm was for crossed cables...

All I know is that it works... it's tight at neutral and at full deflections... and seeemingly the same tension throughout the entire sweep....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys... glad it's helplful... but again this is ALL our threads... make sure to share anything you do differently... not everyone will use the same receiver, some might use redundant, smoke, DA50, G62, etc... let share it all!

ORIGINAL: Yak Man

Awsome build thread Maudib. Should make for a quick build for the rest of us Yaksters.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the answer is C
    http://www.swbmfg.com/rudex.html
    \"I started with Nothing and I have most of it left.\"
    Doug - \"Prop-Wash makes Me HOWL!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great link, Doug....

That's what I love about this online thing... people run acorss things like that, share it and we all learn.

Now come on now you lazy bums... get 'em going!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yarom

Quick question - I thought offset rudder servo arms were used only in situations where the wires will be crossed. Am I wrong?

One little mod...

I noticed when I squeezed the pull-pull wires together even a little, the rudder tray would flex some... so I made a "tie-in" plate that tied the upper tray to the lower former...

Put a hole in it for lightening and to run the rudder lead through and used a piece of 1/4" squar stock in the upper corner for extra gluing surface...

Again... just a personal preference... the plate wieghs almost nothing and they tray flexes a good bit less...

Also on the the wires... here's a pic of how SWEET they line up where they need to go... NICE design and CADwork Chris and Mike!

thats what SWB shows on his site
    If we all think the same, only one of us is necessary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Yak Man

I think the answer is C
    http://www.swbmfg.com/rudex.html

look again, the answer is A. The rudder horn pivot point on our plane is on the hinge line. Thats something you can't change. So in this case the rudder servo horn should be straight and and same width as the horn on the rudder. An offset arm would only be used if the pivot point was behind the hinge line. However, if an offset horn works, it works. I dont understand why it does, it shouldn't

john
    If we all think the same, only one of us is necessary

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not sure the rudder horn balllink pins aren't behind the hingeline about an 1/8"... and so is the offset arm...

It's very difficult to align the rudder horns... either by eye or some straight edge... because either you are "eyeing the holes" or "eyeing the straight edge to be 90 degrees to the rudder centerline".

It's this stuff that I WANT to leave up to the designer... whatever the design calls for, it's there, cause it works REALLY nice... at least mine did. Or I clustermucked it up so bad I hit it right...

In the case of the 88"... the horns are two halves...and simply plug in and lay snug... not much "messin' up" you can do there... (unlike the once piece horns that can be misadjusted)

Either way... I'm good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Olstoney... I don't think Mokken was being facetious... I think he was saying.. if you like the plane... try and get one ordered as even the NEXT shipment (coming in about 10 days or so) already has MOST spoken for... especially if you want a certain shceme... one may go quicker than the other...

Really he was being sortof kind... sometimes a text message can be read with differing meaning than was intended...

It's all good... and so ar EF fans...
    Yep, I was just making the point that if he wanted one, he better get it and worry about the hardware later. I even put a smiley face at the end... I'll be more careful next time....and politically correct....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am JUST about finished with mine... and thougt this was as good a spot as any to give my own little "spiel" on the offering.

Qualitywise, this is the best product offered by Extreme Flight to date. From hardware, design, manufacture, finish and asthetics... this one surpasses the EF 87".

The benefits gleaned with the addition of Mike Hall to the team is evident and Chris' continued dedication for offering the best he possibly can has paid off.

Not just for EF but for all of us in the community. If this is ANY indication of what's in store... then it was worth the wait.

I like Chris... I think he's wuite an upstanding and congenial guy... and I want to cpmmend him for sticking to his ideals and dreams... even at the expense of time, money and ridicule...

A fella dropped by to visit and the second he saw the EF Yak sitting on the table... his whole demneaor changed... it was like he was in the presence of gretness and he immediately recognized it. Wait til he sees it fly!

I saw some fo the protoype footage of the 50cc Extra... and I was AMAZED as how much it performed like the Yak... very stable, defying gravity and simply superb performance.

I don't know when they are coming for sure... but I hope to snake the first one of those too.

Then there's the bigger one's...

That's not to say that there aren't plenty good offerings by other manufactureres... there are for sure... but this assessment is about EF and for EF fans.

Kudos Chris!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh... I haven't checked yet... but this may be a problem getting it in the back of a shortbed pickup!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So, David - how much time have you logged on the build now?
    Kevin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh... I haven't checked yet... but this may be a problem getting it in the back of a shortbed pickup!
    DOH!! I knew there was something I forgot to measure!
    Welcome to NJ...Where fun comes to die.
    Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please do check. My QQ YAK would fit corner to corner in the bed of my Titan, and it's the short bed, hoping this one will as well, if not I'll devise something to get it to the field with the tail gate down.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maudib I would kill to see that video of the Extra. I am in awe waiting for that plane. I hope that they stay on track and are here in April.
    I promise you one thing, I will pull evey string that I can to have the first Extra and if that means racing you to Georgia then I'm in. I also think that I might be able to use a friend or two to pull some strings for me down at EF........muha........muha......muha.

I am really glad to see you Yaksters up and rolling, but I cant express my feeling enough........ I need an EXTRA from EF.
    Keep the good work up on the build thread and I will be keeping a close eye on your flight reports.
    http://www.crccflyers.org
    Huckin\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\' til it hurts
    FFAA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Rush7

Maudib I would kill to see that video of the Extra. I am in awe waiting for that plane. I hope that they stay on track and are here in April.
    I promise you one thing, I will pull evey string that I can to have the first Extra and if that means racing you to Georgia then I'm in. I also think that I might be able to use a friend or two to pull some strings for me down at EF........muha........muha......muha.

I am really glad to see you Yaksters up and rolling, but I cant express my feeling enough........ I need an EXTRA from EF.
    Keep the good work up on the build thread and I will be keeping a close eye on your flight reports.
    Yes...Video please...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To be honest... I've only put another couple hours on it today... my eyes have been bothering me, and I'm just wore out...

I'll knock the reat out tomorrow a.m. while I'm "fresh"

So say about 10 hours tops... and thats WITH taking all these pics and posting, answering, etc...

About 4 more hours should do it...

Mokken... this plane looks more like the size of the H9 Suknoi than that of the QQ Yak...

These guys will comment more once they start tacking this onto that and the cowl out to there and the tail out to over there...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To be honest... I've only put another couple hours on it today... my eyes have been bothering me, and I'm just wore out...

I'll knock the reat out tomorrow a.m. while I'm "fresh"

So say about 10 hours tops... and thats WITH taking all these pics and posting, answering, etc...

About 4 more hours should do it...

Mokken... this plane looks more like the size of the H9 Suknoi than that of the QQ Yak...

These guys will comment more once they start tacking this onto that and the cowl out to there and the tail out to over there...
    I have the tail section of a H9 Sukhoi in my garage, kept it after I was shot down at Joe Nall a couple year ago...haha.. It can't be that big.. Well, it will be hanging off the ass of my truck either way..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No way the protoype footag ewill see light of day...

Well perhaps Chris will be able to work up some production sample video of the Extra when he gets one in... there's never any guarantees as to when anyone's designs will make it to market... we can hope for April... but technically there's only a "soft annoucement" of the Extra at this point...

It's coming... just as sure as this one was. Man it sure was a pain biting my toungue and listening to the comments about hyping, etc... and still with only 20 out there... some may still see it as hype... but the 20 of us... we know don't we! And so will the MANY who are getting theirs in a couple weeks...

Whenever the next EF design comes in and whatever it is... if it has the same quality and presence of the 88" Yak... it'll be worth the anticipation.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh yes it can.... You just wait...

ORIGINAL: Mokken

I have the tail section of a H9 Sukhoi in my garage, kept it after I was shot down at Joe Nall a couple year ago...haha.. It can't be that big..

Page 9 of 440 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast