Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Where in China ??? Shanghai

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Where in China ??? Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where in China ??? Shanghai

This question is for Garrett, Tom, John, etc. (owners of GS Co.'s) ; May I ask where in China most of the ARF's are built? I was led to believe, there was some street called 'Airplane Alley' were most of the company's are located and the ARF's were built? Old wise tale?

Anyway, I'm going to Shanghai China in a couple of weeks and thought it would be really cool to see this place, if it exists?

Ward
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Cryhavoc
My Feedback: (46)

Default RE: Where in China ??? Shanghai

Bring back pics for us all to see. Would be very informative/interesting!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:17 AM
RVM

I'd like to see some pictures of this too!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Mmoose
My Feedback: (1)

Very wishful thinking !! I was off to China last year and asked the very same question.....even PM'd a couple and guess what I got ZERO replies. It seems like its some kinda big secret so we don't start our own little business !!!!!

Good Luck Bro and have a nice trip.....don't forget to let us know if you find something of intrest !
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may google on Nuernberg toy fair. That is where all suppliers go to offer their products to retailers. (The Chinese manufacturers also)
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM
torquen

LOL, actually they are all spread across China. I find most of the workers come from Shanghai and work for the southern factories. "Not talking about just models" The northern areas are cold in the winter. I have never heard of an Airplane Alley. Just think of China like the U.S. but bigger. Not all of our factories of the same type reside on the same street or even state. Your not going to be able to just walk down the street expecting to run across a factory building planes.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:57 PM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Garrett,

I was hoping you might add something to this thread. I've seen pictures of you Flying, Standing beside a Plane, and others taken in China. Not sure where it was at within China. I figured as much about the factories being spread out, it's just like you said about our (GM) assembly plants, they're were the tax's are cheap, property is cheap and the workers will come.

I'll be in the Pudong area and the New Center area if there is a place near by to visit?

But thanks for your insight Garrett, I knew you've been there several times.

Ward
Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
siryjy

We are RC mode manufactory in Zhuhai, China. And our factory is closed to Hong Kong, only a hour ferry from HK. We are making first class Balsa RC Models for our customer in the world. Anyone is interesting to visit our factory please contact with me. My email is [email protected]. Welcome to our factory, thank you very much.

Johnson
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 PM
torquen

Ya I usually go around the Macau area. But to be honest China is huge and people just dont realize it. They think its the size of LA or something and you can visit it all in a days drive. I know most of the factories in the area of SD have gaurds and gates. It will be hard to speak with them to let you in. But I'm sure if your up north you will find something. But its not like you walking into the 3w factory in Germany where you can eat off the floor its so clean. Most of the factories are simple get it done places that arn't the best looking places.