Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

New H9 35% plane!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New H9 35% plane!

http://www.aero-works.net/ also sells them... CA Models which I am wondering if teh CA stands for Columbo Anderson? I realize they don't sell as well but it would be nice if the manufacturers made them available as a limited edition etc.!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

However, $50 more than an Aero-works and 1 - 3 pounds heavier doesn't really sound that appealing to me.
The price argument has already been made, but I will add that it includes a lightweight pilot figure and is 100% pre-hinged and gap-sealed, and has the tank preassembled and installed.
As for the weight. I can pretty much guarantee you that 30 pounds is witht the Evolution 116 and cans, and probably dual rudder servos, and maybe some other added, yet unnecessary, equipment. 27 pounds is likely with a DA on stock mufflers and minimal equipment, including not installing the pilot. 27 pounds is the lightest weight I have seen on a QB 260 with a DA, stock mufflers, and the bare minimum of equipment. I got mine down to 25.5, but that was with a BME 110, lightening holes, and the full CF package.
I love my QB, and am even on the waitlist for their 75cc 260. But after realizing that a piped DA-85 will perform equally to a DA 100, I think I would like to put it in a large plane. And since I already have their 35% 260 and don't like the looks of other 35% 260's on the market, and I have lost interest in Yaks, I am really liking this plane! I put my name on the list at my LHS today
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 AM
MMcConville

The all up weight with the DA-100, 2 x MTW 75 cans, 3 x 4400 mAh batts and one 8711 on rudder is 28 lbs. Its actually 35.6% scale so its bigger than the other 35% models on the market at the same weight.
That is with the stock aluminum LG, alum wing tube and CF stab tube that is supplied. The helmet head pilot in the photos is also supplied painted like it is in the pics., He weighs in at 3.7 oz.

Yes, we put the same scheme on it what I had Brian H put on my 40% Carden 260 (it was the prototype of the Carden kit) . People seem to like the scheme and its my signature so it seemed appropriate for this model since the design is one I am very pround to put my signatire on.
Its similar to the Carden design, that design was one I was involved with so it should be. There are a few differences though. Rudder is as dead neutral as the Carden and every bit as powerful. Its very light and agile for freestyle and 3D and also just rocks for IMAC.

I'll be demo flying it at the Nall and competing with it at the XFC and also some IMAC events, so there should be lots of good video available soon. In short it is the most optimized, tweaked out design I have done so far.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:32 AM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

ORIGINAL: EJB
If it flies as good as a Carden those Chinese won't be able to make em' fast enough.
Dont hold your breath, cause it wont.

I wouldn't bet on that-------.
Nope haven't flown it but I have seen it and I am impressed. I build my own stuff -------still-------but I was impressed. (Frankly, that's not easy. Not for me judging ARF's it isn't.)

Flying ability?? We'll have to see but I'll bet it is a very competitive A/C.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
MMcConville

will too
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Matt Merciez
My Feedback: (34)

ORIGINAL: MMcConville

The all up weight with the DA-100, 2 x MTW 75 cans, 3 x 4400 mAh batts and one 8711 on rudder is 28 lbs. Its actually 35.6% scale so its bigger than the other 35% models on the market at the same weight.
That is with the stock aluminum LG, alum wing tube and CF stab tube that is supplied. The helmet head pilot in the photos is also supplied painted like it is in the pics., He weighs in at 3.7 oz.
Mike,

Congrats on a great looking plane. With the DA-100 and MTW cans, was the single rudder servo on a pull-pull or direct linkage?

How did the single 8711 handle on the rudder??

Thanks,
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
bodywerks

Mike, that's good to hear about the weight. Being the "light" freak that I am, even now living in Tucson (LOVE it here!), I bet I could do sub-27 pounds on a DA hundy with stock muffs, smaller lipos, CF wing tube, and CF spinner - what do you think? Or, do you think I could stuff a couple Grieves pipes in there with mild modification?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
bodywerks

Oh, yeah, and we need more pics and some video!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

Mike: Is this aircraftbdesigned to balance with a lightweight engine such as the BME-115 with stock mufflers? BTW, the airplane looks great and has gone to the top of my short list for a 35% airplane. Could you post a picture of the bottom of the wing, from the pictures posted it appears to have the same basic design as the top, which is not a good thing.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM
kochj

Mike usaully posts once on a new plane here on RCuniverse and then dissapears....

Does not want to get into any thing too heavy I guess...

Justin
Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 AM
bodywerks

The bottom is the same colors, but a different scheme. I'm not all that thrilled about it, but it's not too bad. The plane uses a tail-mounted rudder servo. If you were to move it up front, that would make balancing more achievable with the 115.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Hooked-On-RC

What I would like to see is more maunfacturers come out with ARC models. .snip .....a) see how well it is built and make any changes while I have access to the inside of the plane without stripping the covering and......

I am guessing this is the real reason we don't see them. 99% are not going to strip the covering off a newly purchased plane.

I remember H-9 used to sell solid color 73" cap 232 along with the blue/white matt champman scheme. It was strange that the solid red and solid white were VERY hard to get a hold of, yet people claim they don't sell well.

Maybe they only ordered a few so that made them seem harder to get a hold of, or maybe they sold well. I don't have access to that data, but I suspect they sold well enough.