Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME/PAU EDGE540 III

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Toolman-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BME/PAU EDGE540 III

I love mine. Every time I have it out, the guys fight to get some stick time on it. The plane really makes you a better flyer, no question.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81121.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	1332112  
Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Muroc1

My short list is down to two 540's; the WH Edge 540 and the PAU Edge 540 III. I'm trying to read all I can about them to see which will work best for me.
Frank,
Honestly the best thing to do is pick the one that looks the best to you. They are very similar in setup and in flying characteristics. It almost comes down to color preference.

The WH has a bigger wingspan and more area, the canopy is pre-mounted to the hatch, the cowling is mounted using a ring (bolts run through the firewall from behind) instead of bolting directly through the cowl (which can wallow out).

The PAU has carbon spars/tailwheel and cool hardware.

Both include wing bags. Weights are about the same. Both have great support. Price is about the same, but the WH includes the spinner and a prop and the PAU has all the carbon. PAU has nicer hardware for plug-and-play, but the WH has high-quality DuBro hardware as you know. The WH is a newer design revision and is very fast to build. The PAU is well-proven to be light and durable. Weights are similar, and both are very durable.

In the end you can't go wrong either way. Your DL-50 will be perfect either way.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 AM
hanko

except your landing gear falls off every other flight
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM
GreaTOne_65

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works better, if you land on the strip, instead of the soybean field, Hank!LOL!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:24 AM
hanko

time to put set of retracts in