Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger 9 27% Extra 260

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
greyfoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 27% Extra 260

Say, is anyone flying the Hanger 9 - 27% Extra 260? What's your take on it? Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly on this model! Am considering it for my second gasser - my first I'm just now starting on, Great Planes Ultimate 160 with a Copperhead Aviation, Venom 45cc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I've found "Experience to be a hard teacher. She always gives the test first, and the lesson some time later!"

Thanks,

Phillip
Old 10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Hanger 9 27% Extra 260

Depends what type of flying you are into?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
greyfoxx

I'm just a sport flier, with some Iinterest in IMAC, and some interest in 3D in addition. I am not a contest flier, just a "FUN-FLYER!" I'm interested in something that will let me explore those avenues without costing an arm and a leg, and that isn't a bear to fly. I would say that I'm somewhere in the intermediate stage, closer to advanced than I am to a beginner. I've been flying for 3 years now, and want to improve expand my abilities beyond fly straight and level, turn left (or right, depending), loops, rolls, etc. The Great Planes Ultimate 160 will allow me to do what I want to do, but I'm just looking down the road for my next model.

Perhaps the reason I'm just a fun flyer is because I've found that I'm a slow learner (LOL!) and that "Esperience is indeed, a hard teacher, always giving the test first, and the lesson some time later!!"

Phillip
Old 10-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

The Hanger 9 260 will accomplish your goals that you have stated. It will 3D although not really designed to do it (surfaces are a bit small). Extras are nice precision planes as well.

I would imagine you are thinking of putting a 40 or 50cc motor in there?

At that motor size there are several other planes that will perform a little better and still be in that price range.

Extreme Flight 74 Yak
Wildhare 84" Extra

Those are the first 2 that come to mind that are around the $400 mark. Not trying to steer you away from the 260.. just more options since you are thinking ahead and have time to review and window shop.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 PM
greyfoxx

Thanks for the feedback sinergy. I am aware of the Extreme Flight Yak, and the Wild Hare Extra as well, and they are something that I had already looked at, and will continue to consider, and yes, something in the 43 to 50 cc range as that is a good size for me in storage and transportation as well. There are probably a few others out there that I will look at before I make my next purchase, but want something with larger control surfaces like the Extreme Flight Yak and the Wild Hare Extra.

One thing that continues to nag at me is that thing about "Experience!" LOL!

Thanks,

Phillip
Old 10-20-2007, 02:34 PM
jasonred007

I actually am now buildin one now. I am finding that I am more and more dicouraged with horizon. Anyway I really dont want to bash them but I dont feel that the quality is there. When I recieved mine and went through it I I found the quality of the covering to be less than average. (wrinkles creases loose ends etc.) The manual was good, the hardware seemed to be of decent quality there were actual hinges and the pockets were already drilled. I plan on putting a Saito 220 on mine and see what happens. Good luck. On the other hand I have a Giant UCANDO with a saito 220 on it and I absolutely love it. the quality is great , hardware is to be desired, but it does 3D very well, quality of construction is great, the fuse is reinforced with carbon fiber from the factory and other than the pink and powder color is a nice looking plane, I would rate it at a 9 on a scale of 10. just my 2cents. Good luck and happy flying