Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Best 50cc for 3D?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:36 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best 50cc for 3D?

I have seen one fly with the DL-55. It really rocks. Oh, BTW, doublesixes, go with the Vess 23A, you'll lovethat prop.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
MichaelJH
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PAU is cheep but it is worth the extra money to go EF. for 3D I would get the yak, ThereExtra is a greatblend of 3D and IMAC. The new AJ Slike is great for 3D and IMAC to!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to be confused with the OLD BME 30% Extra.............

Check out PAU's NEW 30% Extra 300SP!!!!!

http://www.flypau.com/html/extra300sp/extra300sp.html

This is one hot airplane. COMPLETELYNEW DESIGN!!!!

- one-piece canopy/hatch
- pre-installed hinges
- carbon fiber wing and stab tubes
- CLOTH wing bags
- COMPLETE hardware package with components from Dubro, Hangar 9, etc, as well as PAU's AWESOME anodized aluminum control horns!!!
- BEAUTIfUL, airfoiled, carbon fiber landing gear!

I've been drooling over this baby since I saw Ken wringing out the prototype!!!

Check out the video as well and see for yourself!!!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
doublesixes

WOW, that looks like one *****in plane!
My only consolation in getting the RModel one (other than close to $300 less) is that I wanted the L version this time. The larger canopy may have some aerodynamic advantages but that S version is next. Both PAU videos (330L and 300SP) look good with the SP having in my opinion, a more solid harrier flight. The L had some minor wing rocking in alpha situations but it could be that particular day or the setup.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:49 PM
doublesixes

Thanks for the advice virginian. I did go with the Vess and as soon as Iget the plane in the air will report my impressions.
ORIGINAL: thevirginian

I have seen one fly with the DL-55. It really rocks. Oh, BTW, doublesixes, go with the Vess 23A, you'll lovethat prop.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, that looks like one ****in plane! My only consolation in getting the RModel one (other than close to $300 less) is that I wanted the L version this time. The larger canopy may have some aerodynamic advantages but that S version is next. Both PAU videos (330L and 300SP) look good with the SP having in my opinion, a more solid harrier flight. The L had some minor wing rocking in alpha situations but it could be that particular day or the setup.
You have a good eye!!!! The OLD Extra did wing rock a bit. This NEW 300SP is a completely different design and incorporates all the "new" "quick-build" features that everybody is asking for today!

It's tough to compare pricing with other brands these days unless you really look deep into the WHOLE package!

All the PAU stuff is top-shelf! The hardware package is all completely usable, wing bags, pre-hinged, this one even comes with c.f. aerobatic sights for the wingtips!! (Very nice touch!) Then compare the sheer size of this extra with the "lesser expensive" ones and you will see this is a superior aircraft in every way!!

Good luck and have fun!!

Regards,

Astrohog