Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited 30% Extra 330l SALE!!!

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Performance Aircraft Unlimited 30% Extra 330l SALE!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Performance Aircraft Unlimited 30% Extra 330l SALE!!!

Check it out, Guys!!!!

This is a smoking deal on a GREAT airplane!!! We have one of these flying at our field and it is an amazing performer!!!

This Extra is built LIGHT and STRONG and it is one of the most complete kits around!! Wing, fuse AND stab bags, carbon goodies, and check out the ALUMINUM hardware pack that is included! This is some of the highest quality hardware you will find!!

The sale price is incredible!!! FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48!!! AND a price reduction to boot!

[link]http://performancercaircraft.com/html/edgeII/extra.html[/link]

Check out the detailed thread on the plane here: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3990284/tm.htm[/link]

Happy shopping and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Regards,

Astrohog

Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
ctshepherd
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited 30% Extra 330l SALE!!!

Good deal! I've been looking at this plane for a while now. Looks like it pays off to wait. Although my wife says I can't open the boxes until Christmas. []

Now the ZDZ50 has a home to go to. [8D]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like a great deal!!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
madman75

Nice price. I wish the Edge was that price. I would jump on it in a minute. How about putting the Edge at that price!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think AK- Models has the same plane on sale for $415.00. Although I'm not sure about the shipping price. ak-models.com
Old 11-26-2007, 09:53 PM
ctshepherd

Yep, looks like the same plane.. just a different covering scheme. I prefer the PAU scheme. No mention of shipping charge, but more than likely in the 50-60 range.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 AM
astrohog

I wish the Edge were that price, too!!! I would take one of each!!! I am really loving the Edge! I have had mine for two years now and it is just like an old friend!!!!

If you look deep on their website, it looks like they have some Edge ARC's for $469.00!!

If you want an Edge that ROCKS, get one of their new ones (either 36% or 43%) was at the FG Vegas Huckfest and all that flew the big one were VERY impressed!!!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
madman75

I'm looking at 50cc size Edges. The others are too big for me to haul. I don't want an ARC. Been there done that. I've got the ARC YAK 54 from Aeroworks. I finished it April this year. Covering one is a lot of work and also expensive. By the time you buy the covering, you have as much as one covered. The up side is it doesn't look like the ARF version and the covering job is better. If PAU had the same deal on the 50cc Edge as the Extra, I would get it ASAP. HINT HINT.

I thought about the Extra deal but then I read the thread on the Extra and found there seem to be a few quality issues and some issues after being flown awhile. Are the problems fixed? How is the quality of the Extra? How about some feedback from people who have the Extra and have numerous flights on it.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:19 PM
MicroDat

madman: I am torn between this extra and the EF Yak 88". The price is a no brainer but what I'm concern about is quality and flying characteristics. I am also waiting on the EF Extra 300 that is coming out (hopefully) soon.

I asked a few people who have owned both and see which they think is better (price aside) and will posted my findings in the "Best 50cc for 3D" thread.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
astrohog

I thought about the Extra deal but then I read the thread on the Extra and found there seem to be a few quality issues and some issues after being flown awhile. Are the problems fixed? How is the quality of the Extra? How about some feedback from people who have the Extra and have numerous flights on it.
Care to elaborate?

The only issues I am aware of were the cowl and landing gear on the early models. Both of these problems have been rectified and I believe PAU is checking each and every box and swapping any bad parts with the newer versions.

As far as longevity and flying characteristics, the Extra at our field has been 3D'd HARD for over a year and a half and still looks new. I would estimate that a minimum of 30 gallons of gas has been run through this particular plane.

Check out the video on PAU's site and you will see that she flies with the best of em'!!!!

Good luck with your final decision, Microdat, and let us know how it works out for you. One word of advice.....it's all about burning gas and having fun!!!!! don't sweat the decision so much!! Get what you like and feels right for you and get to huckin'!!!!!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
madman75

I remember reading about issues with the covering not being overlapped very far and pulled when heated to shrink out the wrinkles. Also the covering having some gaps where wood would show.Cuts and scratches in the covering. Also some plywood doublers not being glued. If you look on page 30 thread 730 of the BME Extra 330 thread, this has me wondering about the durability of the wings. I'm also wondering if this is a closeout and PAU is getting rid of them and if replacement parts will be available. Maybe Ken-h can answer some of these questions. Can you answer about the availability of parts astrohog. Is PAU discontinuing this plane and then not have parts for it? Maybe I'll PM Ken-h and see if he can read this thread and answer the questions.
Just my thoughts.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
astrohog

From what I know of PAU, they are working very hard to be top-notch in customer service. I can attest personally that Ken-h is as stand-up a guy as you will meet. He is also the most discriminating modeler I have EVER met!

With that being said, I spoke with Ken this afternoon and he assured me that even though they are selling these planes ridiculously cheap, they are going to continue to support this plane, with spare parts available in the future.

As far as the covering and lack of glue in spots, all I can say is that I ALWAYS check the glue joints in ALL of my ARF's and I have NEVER found one that did not need a dab here and there.

This is just one sign that this is and will continue to be a great company to deal with in the future!

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
madman75

Appreciate the response astrohog. Did he say they are going to continue production of this plane? I know ARF's need a little gluing here and there but there are some places you just can't get to without some covering removal. I don't like to have to cut the covering on a new plane to glue something that came loose. I remember in one post that someone posted that the fit of the hor. stab needed some adjustment to get the tube and pins to align. I would like to have Ken-h post too and give his thoughts. No offense astrohog.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

I think it was me complaining on page 30 about the covering and Herve replaced my fuselage within 3 days.

The second one had absolutely no issues.

ORIGINAL: madman75

I remember reading about issues with the covering not being overlapped very far and pulled when heated to shrink out the wrinkles. Also the covering having some gaps where wood would show.Cuts and scratches in the covering. Also some plywood doublers not being glued. If you look on page 30 thread 730 of the BME Extra 330 thread, this has me wondering about the durability of the wings. I'm also wondering if this is a closeout and PAU is getting rid of them and if replacement parts will be available. Maybe Ken-h can answer some of these questions. Can you answer about the availability of parts astrohog. Is PAU discontinuing this plane and then not have parts for it? Maybe I'll PM Ken-h and see if he can read this thread and answer the questions.
Just my thoughts.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:45 PM
madman75

Took a chance and pulled the trigger. I'll see it soon!!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:00 AM
astrohog

Madman,

No offense taken at all! I am not here to talk people into (or out of) anything. There are simply too many great airplanes out there today (as well as opinions) too spend too much time choosing "a best".

I have spent many hours trying to refine my previous decisions, talked to all the hot-shot pilots, read reviews, Yak vs. Extra vs. Edge, WH, EF, PAU, and my basic conclusion is: most all of the mainstream planes fly great (albeit each may have it's own little quirks/characteristics), so get what makes sense to you and go fly it like you stole it!!!

I am sure you will be very happy with the deal (and the plane) you just ordered!!!

Now get that thing done and go fly!!!! (you DO get to open it before Christmas, right?)

Let us know!!

Regards,

Astro
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that the owner of PAU Herve Lejeune will post something here shortly. It’s not my place to do so nor talk about personal company business online.

As many of you know, I manage the warehouse for PAU and I am now deeply involved with development and design along closely with Herve. Our commitment to you is to bring the finest aircraft, both in quality and performance found anywhere. The best is yet to come.

The Extra is a good piece, I still enjoy the heck out of mine. Now it’s a great deal. If you really want a Yak, that’s probably what you should get. Lots of good airplanes out there to chose from.

I wish you all a great holiday season,
Ken
Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
islandflyer

First of all, I want to wish for everyone to end this year in great health, with the joyful grin of some fun flying on all your faces.
I have not been posting much on any forum since taking over BME Aircraft and transforming it into Performance Aircraft Unlimited. I also feel that forums are not a platform for manufacturers’ advertising, or any form of bickering and bashing. However, given the numerous questions, comments, PMs, and speculations (in this and other forums and threads) resulting from our recent decision to have a spectacular Christmas Sale on our BME 30% Extra, I feel compelled to provide a little clarification.

The first consideration has been that we need to create available space for the imminent arrival of new planes. These 100cc and 150cc planes require quite a bit of space, hence the decision to have a sale to help reduce our inventory in a short time.

After discussions with Ken, our warehouse manager, we decided to have this sale on the 30% Extra 330L. This plane is a great performer, rivaling with the very best in its class, and is currently selling at an unprecedented low price. This Extra is a low wing plane and cannot really be compared with a Yak. When one wants a Yak, he should get a Yak (we make a pretty good one too, by the way!).
When I acquired the BME Aircraft assets, this newly designed aircraft was one of the most promising designs, and it held most of its promises. However, the design has since been copied, reproduced, and is now available through other companies who not only have not designed the model, but some (if not all) are using our pictures and even our assembly manuals. The time and costs involved in creating prototypes, testing, refining, writing manuals are significant, but do not matter to those who do not pay these dues.
In a way, I take this as compliment, since only great designs such as our Extra or EF Yaks are targeted to this extent.

We have simply chosen to move on, giving you, the lucky customer, a great deal in the process. We are fortunate that we still in stock some of our most successful and proven models, and we are very excited with the new designs meeting unsurpassed standards of quality. The new 36% and 43% and Edges are coming out in December, and other designs are in the pipeline. We are positive and very excited about our future, and we hope many of you will all be part of it.

Until then, we thank you for your support, and wish you lots of happy 3D flying!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:04 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

Yes!!!! A 36% Edge!!!!

I loved my WH Edge (RIP sweetie).

Islandflyer, and Ken - keep us posted.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
madman75

Well from what I take from Herve's post, it looks like they are doing away with the Extra. He didn't really answer the questions I had in a previous post. Oh well, just my luck, probably won't be spare parts available. Anyway, got it at a great price which is some consolation. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
yarom

Ken said they will be keeping spares for a while.

Look a the bright side - you will be able to get spares from Rich models and AK Models for quite a long time. They might be the wrong color, but that's easy to fix...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

wrong color and outrageously priced
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM
ctshepherd

I suppose if one was concerned about spares, they could stock up now. I for one am not concerned as if I do damage the airplane, I can repair it since it is covered in Ultracote and uses basic wood construction. No composites to worry about. Just my .02
Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
astrohog

Sooo....anyone go theirs yet???

Let us know!

Regards,

Astro
Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 PM
yarom

I might stock up on a spare cowl and canopy. The rest is easily repairable...

ORIGINAL: cshepherd

I suppose if one was concerned about spares, they could stock up now. I for one am not concerned as if I do damage the airplane, I can repair it since it is covered in Ultracote and uses basic wood construction. No composites to worry about. Just my .02

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.