Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

Reply
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 PM
  #1176
tr2000
 
tr2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: south salem, NY
Posts: 41
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

Does anybody know the overall height of this plane? I have the plane still in the box an am making shelves in my trailer and want to accomodate the height of this plane.

Thanks, cory
tr2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
  #1177
rcairmike
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: cary, IL
Posts: 121
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

thanks for battery info.do you have a good source for them.
dont want to build a pack from a dewalt pack like many are doing.
rcairmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
  #1178
branwell
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delaplane, VA
Posts: 71
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

Hi,


Packs:
http://www.sincityjets.com/store-batteries.htm
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ck_Lithium_ion


Charger ( FMA Multi 4 ):
http://www.sincityjets.com/store-accessories.htm

Branwell
branwell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
  #1179
branwell
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delaplane, VA
Posts: 71
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

Hi,

How well do the landing gear hold up to harrier landings?

Many thanks,

Branwell
branwell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
  #1180
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!

there carbon fiber so they are tough, mine dont give at all on normal landings, havent done any harrier landings but had a few that werent exactly greesed while in the wind, been perfect so far, no flex
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
  #1181
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

check it out, a guy got a new 43% pau edge, stacked mine up against it and is just as impressive but cost less to get and outfit(motor size), got to love it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41077.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1200528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72794.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1200529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56621.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1200530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95427.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1200531  
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
  #1182
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: diamondave

check it out, a guy got a new 43% pau edge, stacked mine up against it and is just as impressive but cost less to get and outfit(motor size), got to love it!!!!
Ialways likes the looks of the PAU's Edge..Can't wait for the Extreme Flight one though!!

xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:56 PM
  #1183
cjcyclesrc
 
cjcyclesrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belton, TX
Posts: 780
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: branwell

Hi, How well do the landing gear hold up to harrier landings? Many thanks, Branwell
Very Good.

I've done many with my plane and they are holding up fine.

Here is a video with one. You can see the gear has a little flex to it. http://www.vimeo.com/4337717
cjcyclesrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:33 PM
  #1184
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

that edge looked nice, but was kinda flimsy built, the owner and the guy who built it for him agreed on that, some spots where they thought it was hard ply was thin balsa, the servo bays were really week, the cowl came unglued from the mounting area on 1st flight, my buddy joked saying it should be PU not PAU..., it flew good, but not sure how long it will last, the guy who built it said he would not reccomend them, ef has the 50 coming out soon i guess, im hoping to see a 85cc edge in the future, i will wait for that one
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
  #1185
T Erickson
 
T Erickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: durham, CA
Posts: 164
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Can anyone tell me if the 110" fuse will fit in an 8' pickup bed with stabs attached w/ tailgate up? Thanks. T.
T Erickson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM
  #1186
Josey Wales
 
Josey Wales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: **, NJ
Posts: 4,741
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Stabs attached-no problem. I have a Dakota with a 6' bed and with the tailgate down, the prop is about 1" over...this is without a spinner.
Josey Wales is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
  #1187
T Erickson
 
T Erickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: durham, CA
Posts: 164
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Thanks, JW.
T Erickson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
  #1188
cjcyclesrc
 
cjcyclesrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belton, TX
Posts: 780
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: T Erickson

Can anyone tell me if the 110" fuse will fit in an 8' pickup bed with stabs attached w/ tailgate up? Thanks. T.

You have to angle it with a spinner. If your not running a spinner, You can easily put it straight in. I normally just pull the stabs because of where I store the plane, but I have hauled it several times with the stabs on and it fits fine. I have a 6x12 trailer, but it's so much easier just to throw it in the bed of the truck.

Oh and I don't normally haul roses. I was on my way to visit my parents in Georgia and go to the Joe Nall. I had to pick mom up some for mothers dayin Tyler (The Rose Capital).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61638.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1208254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80820.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1208255  
cjcyclesrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
  #1189
devens
 
devens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Creve Coeur, IL
Posts: 630
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Stabs attached-no problem. I have a Dakota with a 6' bed and with the tailgate down, the prop is about 1" over...this is without a spinner.

What is the overall length of the fuse from rudder to spinner? Also what is the hieght of the rudder from the tail wheel to top of rudder. I am trying to determine if the plane will fit in my Durango if the tailwheel is on my console.

The Aeroworks 100CCYak is 95" long. 6' is only 72" so A 73" YAK fuse is aweful short for a 100cc plane. I figured 86" if you were at a diagonal in a 6X4 bed which is still short.

Thanks

D
devens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
  #1190
T Erickson
 
T Erickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: durham, CA
Posts: 164
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Thanks for the pics, CJcs, the one with the Extra alongside is what I really wanted to see. T.
T Erickson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
  #1191
exeter_acres
 
exeter_acres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Posts: 7,457
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens




What is the overall length of the fuse from rudder to spinner? Also what is the hieght of the rudder from the tail wheel to top of rudder.
Thanks

D
Length is right about 103"

height of the rudder from the ground is just under 29"

exeter_acres is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:51 AM
  #1192
drewbags
 
drewbags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorwichNorfolk, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 231
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

She's a big bird compared to most 100cc plane
drewbags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
  #1193
Absolut Yak
 
Absolut Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Trenton, SC
Posts: 517
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110



Completely killed my 110" today.  Pulled into a wall.  Thought it was a bit slow, and that I forgot to hit HIGH rates.  Flicked the choke instead and instantly killed the motor.  Deadstick into the ground with no airspeed 40 degrees nose down.  Had about 40 flights on it.  AWESOME plane with the DA85 on Slimline muffler. 



IF I replace it with another EF 110" it will be the Russian Thunder scheme.  Otherwise, a Bill Hemple 40% Cub is calling my name.  Different leagues, I know.  BTW, this was my third EF build.  Between me and three of my flying friends, we have had 11 EF planes so far.  More EF to come,  just might play in another realm for a little while. 





Doug

Absolut Yak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM
  #1194
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
 
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 2,422
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Say it ain't so Doug....need ya on the Dawn Patrol for next year.
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
  #1195
devens
 
devens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Creve Coeur, IL
Posts: 630
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: exeter_acres


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens




What is the overall length of the fuse from rudder to spinner? Also what is the hieght of the rudder from the tail wheel to top of rudder.
Thanks

D
Length is right about 103"

height of the rudder from the ground is just under 29"


Man thats huge!! The AW 100cc yak is 95" long and 104" ws. The bad news is I really don't think that plane will fit in my truck. humm...might push the trailor priority level up a little.

D
devens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
  #1196
xtraflyr
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Randolph, NJ
Posts: 2,295
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens


Quote:
ORIGINAL: exeter_acres


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens




What is the overall length of the fuse from rudder to spinner? Also what is the hieght of the rudder from the tail wheel to top of rudder.
Thanks

D
Length is right about 103"

height of the rudder from the ground is just under 29"


Man thats huge!! The AW 100cc yak is 95" long and 104" ws. The bad news is I really don't think that plane will fit in my truck. humm...might push the trailor priority level up a little.

D
I bet it will fit with the stabs off. My 88" fits in my 01 Jeep Cherokee and I almost bet I can get the 110" in there. Your Durango is bigger then my Cherokee.. I mean thats the only plane you'll bring to the field,unless you put it on the roof !!

xtraflyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
  #1197
cjcyclesrc
 
cjcyclesrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belton, TX
Posts: 780
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Absolut Yak



Completely killed my 110" today. Pulled into a wall. Thought it was a bit slow, and that I forgot to hit HIGH rates. Flicked the choke instead and instantly killed the motor. Deadstick into the ground with no airspeed 40 degrees nose down. Had about 40 flights on it. AWESOME plane with the DA85 on Slimline muffler.



IF I replace it with another EF 110" it will be the Russian Thunder scheme. Otherwise, a Bill Hemple 40% Cub is calling my name. Different leagues, I know. BTW, this was my third EF build. Between me and three of my flying friends, we have had 11 EF planes so far. More EF to come, just might play in another realm for a little while.





Doug

Doug,

Sorry to hear about your crash. Is it fixable? My yak is flying as good as ever after I rebuilt the whole motorbox.
cjcyclesrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 PM
  #1198
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

that sucks man, i purposely put my choke on the left slider switch cause thats usually one i dont mess with at all, my high rate is on the right corner switch.......my buddy got a 50% hemple cub, hes working on it now, cant wait to see it, obviously like you said whole different game but it will be neat to see just cause of the size...
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM
  #1199
diamondave
 
diamondave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: marana, AZ
Posts: 2,729
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens


Quote:
ORIGINAL: exeter_acres


Quote:
ORIGINAL: devens




What is the overall length of the fuse from rudder to spinner? Also what is the hieght of the rudder from the tail wheel to top of rudder.
Thanks

D
Length is right about 103"

height of the rudder from the ground is just under 29"


Man thats huge!! The AW 100cc yak is 95" long and 104" ws. The bad news is I really don't think that plane will fit in my truck. humm...might push the trailor priority level up a little.

D
i didnt get any pics but i had mine next to an aw100cc yak and mine dwarfed it, really didnt even look like the same "class" of plane, was amazing, both in span and moreover how tall ef's is compared, in fact mine is taller than my other buddy's 40%aw260, his span is bigger but on the ground mine looks more impressive, freakin awesome for sure....i dont know if youd get it in a durango, i have a 99, older body style and my 88 was hard to fit withought takin stabs and spinner off, now i got a trailer, customized with ef stickers too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61820.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1210278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54014.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1210279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49058.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1210280  
diamondave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM
  #1200
devens
 
devens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Creve Coeur, IL
Posts: 630
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Nice trailor!

Is that a vent on the side?
devens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 PM.